Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

philipborg

:D

3. Offline

Afforess

Enjoy!
    • Alpha 0.1.4 Changes
      • Performance fixes on the server plugin
      • Performance fixes on the client mod
      • Url's highlighted in chat
      • Ability to access double inventory from ContribChests
      • Ability to check for double inventory from ContribChests
      • Ability to create CustomInventory of specific size or from array or collection of itemstacks
      • Supports HD Textures natively
      • Fixed SetSunTextureUrl/SetMoonTextureUrl
      • Server will log whether or not a player is using BukkitContrib client to server console after login.
      • Serverport support
      • Can no longer use debug mode (f3) to see x,y,z coords or labels over mobs while in MP (works fine in SP still)
      • Adjustable tick delay for authentification (increase value if players are being kicked even with the client mod)

4. Offline

BigRenegade

Thank you much!

@Afforess if I can find an OpenAL mp3 codec, could it be added to BC? I have a lot of music and it would take me a couple of weeks to convert it all from mp3 to ogg.

EDIT: Just found this link with java code for mp3 extending OpenAL. It's open source. http://www.java2s.com/Open-Source/Android/Game/libgdx/com/badlogic/gdx/backends/openal/Mp3.java.htm

5. Offline

Afforess

Absolutely. I only looked for ~15min, but I would love MP3 (and while I am dreaming, AAC support)

6. Offline

BigRenegade

Will see what I can find. :) lol

EDIT: Well, after a short look around, I have found some AAC codecs but they are all written in versions of C. Nothing for java, yet.

Edit 2: Not sure if these are in java and they are initially for Linux, but it is a link to a AAC decoder package with source code links. http://packages.ubuntu.com/it/dapper/libs/gstreamer0.8-faad

7. Offline

Wulfspider

How about YouTube audio support? ;)
    Code:
    wget http://www.youtube.com/get_video.php?video_id=... |
      ffmpeg -i - audio.mp3
    Also, my compass is broken with the latest version... might be something else I changed though.

AAC: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jaadec/
    JAAD is an open-source AAC decoder and MP4 demultiplexer library written completely in Java. It is platform-independent and portable.

MP3: http://www.javazoom.net/javalayer/javalayer.html
    MP3 decoder/player/converter library for Java™ platform.

Another MP3: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jd3lib/
    JD3Lib is an id3/mp3 library written in Java. It provides functionality for reading mpeg information such as the bitrate, sample rate, channelmode, etc. It also allows the reading, writing, and removal of id3v1 and id3v2 tags.

8. Offline

jeanpoivrot

Nice thanks.

hmm maybe is not the good thread to post but anyone know if it is possible to only accept bukkitcontrib users on the server ?

9. Offline

Afforess

See the config. Yes, it's already possible. Has been since 0.0.8

lemachinbidule likes this.
  10. Offline

CloseKnight

Im having a problem with the SP Mod. It loads on the server just fine but there is a glitch with the fire texture and then my client blackscreens. I'm not sure if it's a compatibility error but I can at least connect to the server. (The SP Mod is build 14)

11. Offline

Wulfspider

I noticed this too along with the compass. I think it's something to do with the latest HD texture support.

Also, my texture pack reverted to default textures when my client got "End of Steam" from placing fire.

Edit: guess it wasn't the fire that gave me end of stream... but something attacked me and then it did that... and then no texture pack! :(

Edit 2: I guess BukkitContribEssentials may be causing the texture pack issue... but I'm not forcing any packs on players.

12. Offline

BigRenegade

I currently have an issue with not being able to log on to the server. I get disconnected with an java io error saying it received a string longer than allowed and i think the string length is 28 though i'm not sure because the error message gets cut off.

EDIT: Not sure what the issue was but it seems to have fixed itself.

13. Offline

Wulfspider

Did you update your client and/or server to the latest 0.1.4?
    They need to be the same version.

14. Offline

CloseKnight

That means You have an outdated version of the SP Mod installed (Probably version 13)

15. Offline

DiddiZ

After receiving the "There is a BukkitContrib message" for the client mod, the client (for me and all my players with contrib client mod) gets an error (and disconnected) right after joining a server:
    Code:
    java.io.IOException: Received string length longer than maximum allowed (2816 > 16)
    In console:
    Code:
    02:18:28 [INFO] DiddiZ [/87.151.136.122:4218] logged in with entity id 27122 at ([world] 11.09375, 99.0, 8.65625)
    02:18:28 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Successfully authenticated DiddiZ's BukkitContrib client. Running client version: 13
    02:18:29 [INFO] DiddiZ lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream

Without Contrib client mod it works, nothing changed elsewehere, so i guess the client auto updater messed up something.

CB 952, Contrib server v0.1.4, client most likely 13 ... don't really now

Edit: Typed too long ...

16. Offline

CloseKnight

You get that error due to an outdated client mod

17. Offline

RejectedShotgun

I had this same problem, I just updated my BukkitContrib plugin and all of my players BukkitContrib and it worked fine. Now I just have to solve my problem with BukkitContribEssentials texture pack bug making Minecraft crash!!:mad:

18. Offline

Afforess

They should not need to be the same version.

19. Offline

DiddiZ

Now read that,
    I'm pretty sure I was running v0.1.4 before, but I may be wrong.
    Wasn't there something said about client auto updater?
    Would be a bit inefficient when the server mod updates itself, but not the client.

20. Offline

Wulfspider

As long as nothing substantial is changed between them though, right? Which I thought you did in the latest.

21. Offline

jeanpoivrot

i got kicked for non using bukkitcontrib (?) with that setting True

serverlog:
    Code:
    02:25:47 [INFO] moi [/xx.xx.xx.xx:62999] logged in with entity id 211 at ([world] -42.51011416532735, 77.0, -12.547048516913403)
    02:25:48 [INFO] moi tried to use command /0.1.3
    02:25:57 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Failed to authenticate moi's client in 200 server ticks.
    02:25:57 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Kicking moi for not running BukkitContrib client
    02:25:59 [INFO] Connection reset

clienlog:
    Code:
    Connecting to xx.xx.xx.xx, 25565
    Reset BukkitContrib
    UpdateCloak
    ?.
    Set BukkitContrib v. 0.1.4
    BukkitContrib SP Enabled
    Ran Once, Multiplayer: true
    java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
            at xl.run(SourceFile:116)

Clean minecraft.jar only bukkitcontrib.
    version a0.1.4 on both side.

22. Offline

Afforess

Hm. I tested it the fire, portal and watch textures before I released and all of them worked fine. Are you using a custom texture pack? If so, can I have the link for it to download?

23. Offline

RejectedShotgun

Does anyone have an idea why BukkitContribEssentials might be having a texture pack issue with this new Contrib version like I mentioned above?

24. Offline

Afforess

You are using a mod that blocks the command. See your server log, where the authentification command got blocked. Not a BukkitContrib problem.

No, they should always be compatible. If any versions are not compatible with previous or future releases, it's a bug.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  25. Offline

quickclay

Love the new F3 blocking! YOU ROCK.

26. Offline

Afforess

The client does not auto-update at the moment.

27. Offline

Kainzo

On a dev build / 996

19:29:02 [INFO] [BukkitContrib] Unexpected Behavior in ContribCraftBlock.getRelative(...)!
    19:29:02 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_FROMTO to WorldGuard
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkitcontrib.block.ContribCraftChunk cannot be cast to org.bukkitcontrib.block.ContribCraftChunk
    at org.bukkitcontrib.block.ContribCraftBlock.getRelative(ContribCraftBlock.java:94)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.block.ContribCraftBlock.getRelative(ContribCraftBlock.java:10)
    at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockFromToEvent.getToBlock(BlockFromToEvent.java:39)
    at com.sk89q.worldguard.bukkit.WorldGuardBlockListener.onBlockFromTo(WorldGuardBlockListener.java:212)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$30.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:448)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at net.minecraft.server.BlockFlowing.a(BlockFlowing.java:134)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1982)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1722)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Either case, I updated to latest.

28. Offline

fugue2005

the java installer for 14 doesn't want to work for me, i had to use the manual install. and now i'm having problems with bad/missing textures.

29. Offline

99lool

I have a problem when I change my texture pack to something else it get a error and blackscreen i deleted my whole .minecraft folder re-installed, installed the SP Client Mod and then put the textures in the texturepack folder neither worked ill give u the links to them if you want them:
    Better Default: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/311078-16x17betterdefault-v25-★updated★-cow-pig/
    Faithful Pack: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/72747-faithful-32x32-pack-updatenew-cobblestone-17-beta/

30. Offline

fugue2005

the fire, portal, watch and compass textures aren't working for me either. i'm using the default minecraft texture.

31. Offline

Adelion

@Afforess

[Minecraft 1.7.3] [Bukkit build 953] [BukkitContrib 0.1.4 has been initialized (on my server)]
    Impossible for me to use Photo Realism Texture Pack anymore since I put BukkitContrib SP Client.

Thanks for your job anyway :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.