Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Please update this, my server keeps crashing. Even if i remove BukkitContrib! D:

3. Offline

Afforess

Read the title, it's not for MC 1.7. I have said this over 5 times already. Please read. It's even on the OP.

4. Offline

oliverw92

Nope, 1.7.2 build 953, hence why I compiled it myself.

5. Offline

Afforess

It should already be fixed in the github source, as of an hour ago.

6. Offline

THEK

@Afforess Had no problems so far with 0.0.9 on latest RB :)

7. Offline

m5k

Any eta on an official release?

8. Offline

Afforess

within 48 hours.

9. Offline

FrostyWolf

Check the OP.
    Do you know what I can't wait for? Someone to make jukeboxes with custom playlists with this. Would be fantastic.

10. Offline

m5k

Oh great, that's fast. Your plugin is the core of our server. At least 4 major plugins (+client mod) use your plugin as a base. A truly fantastic job you've done.

11. Offline

Thatpyrodude

• Moving Blocks smoothly?

we nead this

12. Offline

IceReaper

could be easy when faking a piston :D

13. Offline

narrowtux

14. Offline

subanoomic

15. Offline

narrowtux

It's from @Afforess github repo.

16. Offline

AxelBrito

The BukkitContib SP is allready for 1.7? I downloaded it and it says that is for 1.6.6

17. Offline

narrowtux

The SP mod doesn't work for 1.7 atm, Afforess is on it, and the new version will have custom GUI!!

18. Offline

JAC

How do u add custom Music

19. Offline

newyorkdaily

Thanks for posting the git repo! lol i dont know how to compile unless there is a pom.xml and i have anti griefing mods that depends on this, thanks again!

20. Offline

IceReaper

Because this is a api for developers and you look like you actualy want to use the api and not a plugin using the api,
    your question should be development-related. So where are you stuck and you need help with? the api-documentation realy helps, or simple browse the source. its easy. Hint: SimpleSoundManager

21. Offline

AxelBrito

Nice ^^

22. Offline

m5k

Excellent! Love your showcase plugin too :D

23. Offline

Nieksas

it is working for 1.7.2 client or not?

i get error for 1.7.2 server plugin
    Code:
    (SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-03 06:19:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.createInventory(ContribCraftPlayer.java:343)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:73)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:482)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.getContribPlayer(ContribCraftPlayer.java:530)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(ContribPlayerListener.java:56)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:552)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-03 06:19:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.createInventory(ContribCraftPlayer.java:343)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:73)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:482)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.getContribPlayer(ContribCraftPlayer.java:530)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(ContribPlayerListener.java:56)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:552)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

For client on start i get black screen

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  24. Offline

Ant59

Thank you Captain Obvious.

25. Offline

Afforess

ATM I am waiting on the Minecraft Coder Pack (MCP) to update for 1.7. However, I am still continuing developement on my 1.6.6 copy for now, and will port it over. I've nearly finished rewriting an "Improved Chat" lite code. (Actually, dumped all of the improved chat code, it was a mess.)

However, even if I was magically given a copy of MCP this second, I'd not release an update. I'm simply not done or ready. I informed everyone of the delay before the 1.7 update. The wait will be well worth it. Additionally, there will probably be no more delays after releases after this one again. 1.8 is months away, and Notch will be unobfuscating his code, which will remove the release delay. Just be patient, and know this is the last delay - ever.

26. Offline

Wulfspider

Would it be possible to change the player's name over their head or is that something that is already possible?

27. Offline

TheRec

28. Offline

Afforess

Already possible. BukkitContrib.getAppearanceManager().setGlobalTitle(...)

29. I gotta say Afforess, what your doing with this is amazing. just amazing. Its so important to have a bridge from client to server, and thats where notchcode and craftbukkit fail.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, and don't rush 1.7, make sure it all works :D

30. Offline

chisox8

I read the above post and I disagree... lol! No its fine, just an estimate on when 1.7 bukkitcontrib client mod will be ready, thanks!

31. Offline

Afforess

I already gave an estimate. Before the 4th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.