Debug Plugin... v2

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by MPG1, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MPG1

Version: Spigot/Bukkit 1.14.4
    This plugin would make a virtual user("them"), who you could assign permissions and LuckPerms Groups. You could run commands and action as them, and see if they could do it or not. You could move them between worlds(per-world permissions) and demote, promote, etc.
    Permissions:
    Code:
    /db create <name> (debug.create)
         Creates a Virtual User
    /db run <name> (debug.run)
         Runs an action as a virtual user with <name>.
              Actions: Break, Place, Interact, Chat, Command
    /db delete <name> (debug.delete)
         Deletes a Virtual User

Any time is good! Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

MPG1

bump

3. Offline

MPG1

bump pls

4. Offline

MPG1

is this possible? bump

5. Offline

16amattice

I see no one has replied yet, and I think this would make a pretty interesting plugin, so I will work on developing it for you. I’ll keep you updated.

6. Offline

MPG1

Cool!
    and bump

7. Offline

MPG1

bump

8. Offline

MPG1

b u m p

9. Offline

MPG1

b u m p

10. Offline

Tabuu_

Why not just use a second account?

11. Offline

MPG1

I don't have a free $27 lying around, because my server is 1: still in development(so I don't make money yet), and 2: I haven't set up buycraft yet.

12. Offline

MPG1

bump

13. Offline

MPG1

bee you em pee

14. Offline

MPG1

b
    u
    m
    p

why hasn't anyone respnded ;(

15. Offline

Legendary_zotar

@MPG1
    All try doing this, Wish me luck!

16. Offline

MPG1

Thank You!
    Yes!
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

17. Offline

Legendary_zotar

@MPG1 Due to how servers work, making a "virtual player" that can run commands and more is very difficult if not impossible, i have not given up yet, but it will take a bit longer than i originally thought

18. Offline

MPG1

Ok, I appreciate the effort. If it isn't possible, then i guess i'll just have to use an alt. RIP

19. Offline

Legendary_zotar

Sorry to let you down, i couldn't find a way, I hope someone else could take over.
    Here are some alternatives:
    *Use Luckperms and make a group, check if the group has access to that perms (Although you won't be able to check the Command itself)
    *Just use an alt account, Its alot better, since you can check whats happening to him, and also watch from your account.

20. Offline

MPG1

Alright, thanks for trying.

21. Offline

RogueAvenger

I'm not going to attempt this at the moment, but to someone willing to try:

Instead of a "virtual player" try implementing this by temporarily setting permission access to the target permissions group with a reset command to return to the previous permissions group. This reset command could be set in permissions to the specific user.

For example, a server owner might send the following command:
    /testperms [username] [group]

The plugin would get [username]'s current permission group(s), save it somewhere, remove current group(s) from the user, assign the user to [group], and give temporary access to the reset command. The username parameter might not really be needed since the idea is that a single user will be performing the testing, but I would suggest adding it for flexibility.

The user would then have access to only the permissions in [group] and the reset command. When testing is finished, the user would use the following command to return to the saved permissions settings:
    /testperms reset (or something similar.)

Make sure to consider the server could crash, restart, or otherwise shut down during testing before the reset command is executed. You might want to save the permissions snapshot in a way that it can be retrieved in case such an event.

22. Offline

MPG1

Wow! Thanks RogueAvenger! That sounds like a great idea for anyone willing to attempt this!

23. Offline

MPG1

bump plez

24. Offline

MPG1

woah this is old
    still bump i want to see this in action
    pls

25. Offline

MPG1

bumper car

26. Offline

MPG1

bumpy road

27. Offline

MPG1

bumpkins

28. Offline

X21_Eagle_X21

Hi, getting into plugin writing and Minecraft in general again after a loooong time. Anyways, I made you this based on @RogueAvenger's idea: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a1doHel7664luTCzkuszENhbmmlssOKN/view?usp=sharing

I'm not that familiar with LuckPerms but from my testing this should work fine. Just make sure to set your actual groups with /testperms setactual because I was unable to find a way to automatically get a user's groups. More information in /testperms help.

Also, the code is not secret or anything but I don't have a GitHub and I really don't have the time to set one up right now. So if anyone wants to see the code just message me:)

Edit: just remembered this is a thing. Code: https://pastebin.com/UY9hiTp5

29. Offline

MPG1

Wow! Thanks. Will check out ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.