[DEAD] Spells v0.996

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by NathanWolf, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Offline

NathanWolf

At you asked nicely! :)
    --- merged: Jan 30, 2011 3:59 PM ---
    No plans, but once I run out of original ideas I'll probably go back to porting MagicSpells and MagicTricks spells. Hm, there I go using that "porting" word again.

Anyway, the undo / cleanup system using in cushion would probably work very well for these sorts of temporary-world-modification spells.

2. Offline

Speedy2662

do you have any kind of messenger? im really noob at this, and i really need live help.
    please! :(

3. Offline

NathanWolf

That's really not an option, sorry.

If you can provide information about what you've done and what's going wrong here, I can try to help. I tried to ask a lot of questions in my previous response to your request for live help- those are the same questions I would ask you "live".

Have you installed any other Bukkit plugins? Really, you just drop the jar in the plugins folder, for the most part.

4. Offline

jamg132

i love this mod and use it all the time i was thinking that a pyramid spell would be cool aswell and it would be handy to be able to plot the points for your shell,blob what ever it is. Thanks great mod

NathanWolf likes this.
  5. Offline

NathanWolf

Other shapes would be fun- and a version where you specify the area would be cool, too. Especially once you start talking pyramids and such, that's not something you throw around so much as place and build.

I can't wait for the offical plugin repo, so we can track things like this properly.

6. Offline

Masocristy

Magic spells doesn't work for me anymore. >:

And it breaks a few other of my plugins, like WorldEdit.

Out of date, maybe?

Using build 175.

Attached Files:

NathanWolf likes this.
  7. Offline

NathanWolf

Eek- yeah, looks like I need to react to some CraftBukkit changes.

That is... unfortunate. I don't think I'll be ready for a real release anytime soon. Let me update and see what I can do- I haven't really started hacking up the Spells code yet, fortunately. It occurs to me that maybe now would be a good time for a branch!

8. Offline

Throk

This is realy good idea. But permissions should affect only designated spells. I mean... 1 perminion for 1 spell. Ex.
    spell.heal, spell.blink, spell.fireball etc.

It will be awesome ^_^

And what You think about adding mana cost of each spell? Red dust will be good in this role.

9. Offline

NathanWolf

Looks like they removed all of the non-monster mob Entity classes. Not sure why, I hope there's an alternative.

The fireball was also messed with- so, basically the fireball and familiar spells are the culprits. If I can't figure out these changes relatively quickly, I'll just turn those two off.

The bigger issue is getting a build together that's ready for release... hopefully it won't take too much time.

I don't think that Wand was affected, fortunately..
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 1:28 AM ---
    For sure! I only gave "spells.cast" as a simple example of how to give someone access to all spells. I'm actually going to group the permission nodes by spell category, as well- so you can give out all spells, just a category of spells, or just individual spells.

So, the full permission node path for a spell would look like "spells.cast.exploration.blink", for instance.

I definitely want to do this- though I want to use an item that's not obtainable naturally, such as redstone wire. (It'll be configurable, though, of course.) Otherwise, it will work very much like a reagents system, so I think I'll get to both of those eventually.
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 2:11 AM ---
    Ok, I went ahead and set up Spells with Maven- I'll need to do the same with my other plugins.

Now that things are all bound together, it looks like quite a bit has changed. I've had my head down working on Persistence... I'll take a couple of hours to get a new build of Spells working.

I guess it'll probably also have support for Ops being able to cast any spell, too, since that's currently in the code.
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 2:35 AM ---
    Ok, please update Spells (and Wand, if you use it). I got it working with the newest Bukkit/CraftBukkit- though familiar is disabled for now.

Also, I haven't tested it yet, but since the player death hook works now, recall should auto-drop a marker when you die.

I really didn't have a chance to test this much, so be forewarned. Please let me know any issues you find / etc.

Throk likes this.
  10. Offline

Masocristy

Sorry. >:

Edit: All my commands seem to be intact, at least the ones I use often.

But it breaks the vPlayersOnline plugin.

And also the spells don't work.

Attached Files:

11. Offline

NathanWolf

Wait, I'm confused- the commands work, but the spells don't? What commands work?

And this is with the newest jar? I did test enough to see that blink worked...

12. Offline

Masocristy

Oh, uh, other commands.

From other plugins. The first error broke some other plugins but this one seem to let up on that (but still broke a few)

And I'm still on b175.

Edit 1.0: Yeah!!
    I got the b186 from the latest page and server booted up with no error!
    +25 Code Exp for you!
    Edit 1.0_01: And the Blink spell is working great.

13. Offline

NathanWolf

Glad to hear it!
    Most likely, those errors were not related to Spells- that build of Bukkit seemed to have changed a lot of stuff, I imagine it broke other peoples' plugins as well. But I'll take the Code Exp =D

I'm going to go update again- maybe it was a temporary thing. I talked to the person who makes SpawnEntity, and there are apparently no problems with that plugin- so I'm not sure what's going on with familiar.
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 6:22 AM ---
    Ok, one more release and then I'm going back to Persistence (and also my real job in the morning...).

0.75 fixes familiar, and also fixes using spell variants with "/cast", which I guess was broken again.

Some nice things that also now work, mostly due to fixes in Bukkit (I had already implemented them):

tree variants: Use /cast tree <variant> with one of: big, tall, redwood, or birch.
    recall will auto-drop a marker when you die, if you don't have one placed already. You can then immediately return to where you died!

14. Offline

TheVirus

Can't mine Lapis, any chance of that getting added?

15. Offline

NathanWolf

:) I was wondering when someone would notice that!

Just as soon as I can spawn variants of materials, I'm going to add it to the list. Right now, if you added it and tried to mine it, you'd get black ink. (booooo).

This is a Bukkit issue- same reason you can't paint with or absorb colored wool and such.
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 4:02 PM ---
    BTW, Your editing is funny, and I love your avatar!

16. Offline

Speedy2662

got it to work, thx!

NathanWolf likes this.
  17. Offline

NathanWolf

Glad to hear it! =D
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 4:32 PM ---
    IMPORTANT

Sorry to be so annoying, but hopefully I got your attention :)

I've set up an issue tracker on github, please use it to submit issues! These can be bugs or feature requests, but please search first. It's linked up at the very top of the main post, before the Downloads.

If you search and find your issue, you can vote for it. How sweet is that? Really want that Permissions support? Go vote for it! ;)

Okay, less important stuff now....

Just in case that particular issue is a hot button, I have been getting a much clearer roadmap towards Permissions support. I think it will look like importing, and it will probably be automatic if it detects Permissions (though you could turn this off and manually import).

Since I can't really dig around in Permissions, I'm probably just going to implement a general YML importing interface, which would then be used to import your permissions file directly. This would also just be handy in general- if you don't use Permissions, you could still write up your users/groups/permissions in a YML file and import it directly into Classes. This would be an alternative to using the console commands or direct SQLLite access.
    --- merged: Jan 31, 2011 5:13 PM ---
    Also, if you're just curious what I'm up to / what's taking so long, that's a lood place to look- the list is prioritized, so it's basically my roadmap.

Jamie likes this.
  18. Offline

thefleshpound

Spells 0.75 worked with craftbukkit #168, but it does not with #186. Most plugins were updated and now they work with #186. Are you going to update your plugin? It's really useful.

19. Offline

NathanWolf

Hm- it should work with the latest bukkit. If someone wants to give me a link to where you're getting all these builds I can definitely test with one :) Sorry I'm so ignorant about that...

Also, please check your logs and make sure you really have 0.75- it seems to be working for some people (myself included).

20. Offline

thefleshpound

21. Offline

NathanWolf

Thanks for the repo link! I can now say that my stuff is actually tested on an official version.

Which brings me to... I downloaded the most recent artifact, #187, ran it with all of my plugins in my plugins folder, and everything seemed to be working fine. Make sure you've got 0.75!

22. Offline

cam198

Hey, whenever I boot up Spells it doesn't work and I get:
    Code:
    Jan 31, 2011 5:07:06 PM org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer loadPlugins
    SEVERE: org/bukkit/TreeType (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/TreeType
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.builtin.TreeSpell.<init>(Tree
    Spell.java:13)
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.Spells.addBuiltinSpells(Spell
    s.java:867)
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.Spells.initialize(Spells.java
    :574)
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.SpellsPlugin.onEnable(SpellsP
    lugin.java:42)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:294)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:175)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:64)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:181)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.TreeType
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 14 more
    I really look forward to getting this working :)

23. Offline

NathanWolf

You need to update your CraftBukkit - I now have the supported build# in the thread title :)

24. Offline

cam198

Got it working! Thanks, this is a really fun mod ;)

NathanWolf likes this.
  25. Offline

NathanWolf

Glad you like it! Are you using Wand as well?
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2011 6:58 PM ---
    What did cauldrons do?

26. Offline

Xemnas33

It's okay Craftbook will have them :)

27. Offline

NathanWolf

That's great and all, but I'm still curious as to what they do :) I guess I'll go Google it...

28. Offline

thefleshpound

I downloaded it again and tested on #186. It works! Thank you really much for this plugin, Nathan.

NathanWolf likes this.
  29. Offline

NathanWolf

You're welcome, thanks!

30. Offline

Masocristy

Cauldrons were a kind of in-world 3D crafting bench.
    You make a structure akin to a warp gate. The one in craftbook was a 2x2x2 space above a 2x2x1 square of lava surrounded on each side by a 2x1x2 wall of Smooth stone.
    You would place different combinations of blocks within the "cauldron" and if it fit a recipe, they would vanish and you would be given whatever the hell it is they made.
    The recipes were custom written by users in a config file.

NathanWolf likes this.