Custom Wild Teleport

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by andrewginn, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

andrewginn

Hello there, I'm not going to use the format today because this is pretty simple. I would like a plugin which will allow you to do /wild and it will teleport you 1000-3000 block (Can Specify In Config)

It will then say a message like this https://gyazo.com/502f4869f8c9b9c6ea0450b0332d4624
    That message would be custom as well ^^

There will also be a cooldown for the /wild command for something like 2 days. But please can you have it so the cooldown will be specified in seconds

That's all thanks!

2. Can you give me some more information? The block teleport would basically be 1000-3000 blocks added randomly to all co-ordinates right? If so I'll make it, if not I'll see.

3. Offline

andrewginn

@Legion Of Wolves Yes for instance the spawn in my world has the coords X 156.577 Y 63 Z 312.653
    Pretty much it will teleport the person from X 1000 to Z 1000. But make sure that teleporting inside or into a block will not work so they will teleport them elsewhere. Also if they could not spawn in water that would be good :)

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

So wait, are you saying that they will teleport within a radius of 2000 around the coordinates? So the center would be 1000x 1000z, but they could spawn between 3000x 3000z and -1000x -1000z? 1000 + 2000 is 3000 and 1000 - 2000 = -1000.

5. Offline

andrewginn

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Oh ok, so simply between 1000x1000z and 3000x3000z? Or between 1000 and 3000 blocks from your location?

7. Offline

andrewginn

8. Offline

Halmerson

andreginn I'm still not sure what kind of plugin your looking for, but I have a plugin that uses a command /tprandom and you will teleport randomly and a message will be sent to the player on where they were teleported.

Things missing:

-config
    -user input

9. Offline

andrewginn

@Halmerson hey dude thanks for the reply, do you have to set the /tprandom warp points? I want it auto so players can /wild randomly anywhere

10. Offline

Halmerson

That is my plugin yes. You do not need to do anything except /tprandom

@andrewginn
    I can also change the command to /wild if you want.
    I'm not sure how to send it to you though

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  11. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Halmerson Dropbox, zip file attached to the thread

12. Offline

Halmerson

@timtower
    What the heck is a Drop... Box???
    XD.
    But seriously where can I find this Dropbox?

13. Offline

14. Offline

Halmerson

15. Offline

oceantheskatr

@Halmerson Alternatively you can put the plugin in a zip folder and drop it in the reply section.

16. Offline

Halmerson

17. Offline

andrewginn

@Halmerson Yes please :) /wild would be fantastic just drop the link in here :)

18. Offline

Halmerson

@andrewginn
    Awesome, I am currently not on my pc but I will post the zip folder in this thread if I'm aloud

Also, 3 more things you might/dislike
    1. It won't tp people in blocks.
    2. It might tp people in the middle of the ocean (but they could do /to random again)
    3. Im about to make the message, like what you wanted,
    (4th thing). It may cause a lot of lag due to laoding of random chunks when people teleport randomly.

@andrewginn
    Please notify me if there are errors.
    I will tell you again, that there is no config.

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  19. Offline

andrewginn

20. Offline

Halmerson

21. Offline

andrewginn

22. Offline

23. Offline

andrewginn

Thanks big tim!

24. Offline

Halmerson

@timtower
    Thanks. How will I post my plugins in the future though?

25. Offline

@Halmerson Dropbox, or you upload them to dev.bukkit

26. Offline

Halmerson

27. Offline

andrewginn

@Halmerson Hey dude, your plugin killed a few of my players xD They are able to die in blocks..

28. Offline

oceantheskatr

Probably your server lagging and them spawning in blocks.

29. Offline

Halmerson

That's impossible, in my code it teleport players to the highest block, I even use it on my server.
    @andrewginn

@andrewginn
    Also I'm gonna post an improved version on my bukkitdev soon. In the improved version, you are able to target players

30. Offline

oceantheskatr

You could try a slow teleport, so maybe it would load the chunk where the random location is set, then get adjacent chunks a bit later and then load those, then teleport the player a little bit after that, so that there aren't any deaths goin' on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.