Filled Custom Welcome Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Patty_Mayo, Jul 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Patty_Mayo

Plugin category: Welcome

Minecraft version: 1.15.2

Suggested name:
    WolfWelcome

What I want: So basically, I would like the plugin to have a command that staff members with the permission node can use to welcome a new user to the server whenever a new user joins. I would like the message to be able to be changed in the config file. It will have the placeholder %player% in the config welcome message. I also want it to have a line in chat that also has a changeable message in the config file that will have something like "Welcome %player% to ___" The %player% placeholder will have the players rank via permissionsEX and their displayname via essentials. the ___ Will be where the server owner will put their server name at in the config. I also want it to have color support. All a Staff member has to do when the message of a new user joining via the Message saying welcome so and so to so and so, is /welcome .

Ideas for commands: /welcome/wwreload

Ideas for permissions: wolfwc.reload wolfwc.welcome

When I'd like it by: 2-4 weeks.

2. Offline

Stellrow

So... as the essentials already existing welcome message or what exactly? Does it work for the latest player who joined the server? or will it be "/welcome playerName" try be more specific with this

3. Offline

Patty_Mayo

it will be for the latest player that joined the server for the first time. and it will not use the essentials welcome message. The plugin will have a customizable welcome message in the config for the /welcome. Which will then welcome the latest player when a staff member on the server runs /welcome. The way the staff will know when a new player has joined is by another message that sends in chat welcome player to servername which will only send one time for new players. It will not send the message for players that have already joined the server. the initial message for a new player joining should also be Customizable in the config. It also should have color text support.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  4. Offline

Stellrow

Think carefully though,if 2 new players join one after the other,you will only be able to welcome the last player...

5. Offline

Patty_Mayo

true, so lets do it like "/welcome playerName"

With the same message when a new user joins so staff know when to do “/welcome playerName”
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020
  6. Offline

KarimAKL

@Patty_Mayo Wouldn't it be easier to make this message automatic? Maybe make the staff send the message when someone new joins.

7. Offline

Patty_Mayo

I want it to be “/welcome playerName” as I want my staff team to make new users feel welcomed. Just have the command “/welcome playerName” with a customizable message for the command in the Config file. I will set the new user welcome message with essentials so staff know when new users join so they can /welcome playerName the new users.

8. Offline

Stellrow

There you go,sadly as a general rule i built it using 1.16.1(Spigot Version) ,but it should work as intended on 1.15 as well

Spigot link

If this is to your liking mark this thread as "filled"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.