Custom item eating time

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Chr0mosom3, Mar 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Chr0mosom3

Hello,

I am developing a custom items plugin which will have custom food items. I am already using a texture pack that will replace the original steak texture with something new. The thing that I am trying to change is the time it takes to eat the steak. How would I do it, if it's even possible to have the player eat the steak for 6 seconds, or 0.5 seconds? Any help would be appreciated .

2. Offline

Strahan

3. Offline

Chr0mosom3

@Strahan,
    This plugin does successfully achieve the task of speeding up how fast a player eats food. All it does, is cancel the eating of the food early, and give the player the saturation and hunger the food would usually give. What I was looking for more was slowing down how fast a player ate, like prolong how fast it takes to eat a steak to 10 seconds for example

4. Offline

Chr0mosom3

5. Offline

davidclue

Idk maybe there is something in NMS that you can use if not you might just need to do something like cancelling the event and they have to eat the same item multiple times. There might be a way because whenever a server lags if you are eating food then you just eat infinitely until the server responds, so I'm assuming its server-side then but idk if NMS even offers any kind of method for this.

6. Offline

KarimAKL

I would imagine that the missing information is just a confirmation about the food having been eaten, or something similar.

@MrDaniel Unfortunately, I do not think this is possible purely server-side. I would work further upon your project with this in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.