Filled Custom Commands

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Dropzbeat, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dropzbeat

Plugin category: Chat (I think)

Suggested name: CustomMessages (can be changed if needed)

What I want:
    What this plugin will do, is take the name of a yml file inside the plugin folder, and create a command for it, for example, I create test.yml, the command would be /test

And inside the test.yml I put text, for example, "This is a test"
    Upon running /test, the plugin will read the yml file and display what is in test.yml, so I do /test and "This is a test" would show up in chat. *supports color/format codes!*

Ideas for commands:
    It varies of course, depending on what the name of the yml file is, but a couple base commands are:
    /customcommands list (or /ccmd list to shorten) to list all the commands inside the plugin folder.

I'm also interested in a /chestcommands reload (or /ccmd reload to shorten), which of course, reloads the plugin folder.

Ideas for permissions:
    customcommands.<yml name> (ex. customcommands.test (to use /test)) *note, I used /test as an example, this plugin would be massively customizable*
    customcommands.admin.reload (I added the .admin to prevent any sort of incompadabilities with the custom permission/command system)
    And customcommands.admin.list (lists all commands created in the plugin folder

When I'd like it by: Honestly, whenever possible. Of course the sooner the better, but I don't have a deadline, I would say a month maximum, if someone can make it in that timeframe, I would be thankful of that.

Any further questions can be asked on this thread, I will answer all to my best ability, as I don't have much coding knowledge.

[...]

Thanks in advance,
    -Dropzbeat

{{Edited by Myrathi: plugins and discussions should be kept public and on thread.}}

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Dropzbeat DynamicAliases can do this, link is in my signature.

3. Offline

Dropzbeat

Thank you, @timtower that works perfectly

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Dropzbeat Glad that I could help
    Marked thread as filled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.