Filled Creative -> Survival Build

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Dashdart, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Offline

Dashdart

Does anybody know of/can create a plugin where you type a command e.g. /build and you are given creative mode however there are some limitations you cannot open containers, drop items, pick up items, you cannot attack mobs or players and neither can you destroy blocks (that you didn't place whilst in the mode)

You can only travel 50 block radius from the location where you typed /build and when you type /build again you will return to the location where you initally typed /build and the blocks you placed will disappear and your inventory will be restored. Then a chest will appear near you for you to put items in that you need to construct the building. So you do the building in creative and then use survival to gather the materials to build the structure and the plugin builds it for you so it is easier to build things in the world.

[EDIT]

Look at fourth post for more information.

2. Offline

Marten Mooij

dentych likes this.
  3. Offline

dentych

Marten Mooij The time it took to create that post could probably have given time to both find, install and configure the plugin..

4. Offline

Dashdart

dentych Marten Mooij I don't think you have fully understood/I haven't explained well enough the plugin request. I already know of a good plugin which will do what you have said above http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/gamemodeinventories/ What I am mainly looking for is a plugin which when you are in creative and place blocks and can fly around in is 100x esaiser to build as your inventory is not full of differnt kinds of blocks and you do not have to build the famous 'dirt scaffolding'. Therefore you can place your blocks where you want them and then you can leave creative mode your building will disappear and a chest will appear where you can put your survival created/discovered blocks in and let the plugin do the 'hard work' of building in survival. Therefore players can build massive diamond structures and prevents them from mining it out at a later date for the diamonds in creative mode because they physically have to find the diamonds to create the structure in the first place!!!

Hope I have made it that bit clearer because I was very tired when I did the initial request

5. Offline

Mathias Eklund

This is a very interesting idea, I may have to create this, when I have the time.

Semi finished the plugin.
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Every thing works, just need to add the boundary thing :) I don't know if i will get it done today though, but if you wanna test it, here it is :)
    permission to use:
    cp.build
    command:
    /build

EDIT:
    Plugin completely finished, including the boundary feature.
    If I have forgotten anything, let me know.

EDIT:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/creative-planner/
    put it on bukkitdev as i think other people might like the idea.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  6. Offline

Dashdart

Mathias Eklund Thankyou for the hard work!! It is really appreciated I cannot test it right now but testing will be started within the next 6 hours check back here for an edit or a new post after the review :)

Your work is greatly appreciated :)

-Dashdart

7. Offline

Mathias Eklund

Dashdart
    Thank you, I've done testing of it myself, and it is working like it should. I THINK.

8. Offline

Dashdart

@Mathias Eklund

Right I have done some testing couldn't download the dev version because it is under moderation so did some testing on this version instead <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

1. Players in /build mode can damage other players/mobs and cannot take damage themselves
    2. Players in /build mode can throw splash potions and drink ordinary potions
    3. Players in /build mode can throw bottles of enchanting
    4. Players in /build mode can open ALL containers with the exceptions of chest, large chest and chest cart and place items in
    5. Players in /build mode can create ender portals and travel to the end
    6. Players in /build mode can create nether portals and travel to the nether
    7. Players in /build mode can shoot bows
    8. When players in /build mode place an anvil/gravel/sand 1 or more blocks above the ground it fall 1 block and when they leave /build it will remain there.
    9. When players in /build mode place a piston next to a diamond block and the piston pushes the diamond block whilst in /build mode and when they leave /build mode the diamond block will remain allowing them to mine it.
    10. Can other players mine the blocks that players in /build mode place while building???

These are the ones that I have found so far may find more :/ . It is still a good plugin but I would only use it if I could trust the players on my/a server :)
    Thanks again
    -Dashdart

9. Offline

Mathias Eklund

Dashdart Let me get on that :) There was a lot I didn't think about.

EDIT:
    Fixed every bug you found.
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    updated on bukkitdev aswell as on mediafire. Once the plugin is approved i wont be updating on mediafire.
    Mediafire link will never change.

10. Offline

Dashdart

Mathias Eklund Thanks for the bug fixes it is much appreciated. (appologies for the length)

However I have still managed to find some more bugs haha :)

In /build mode you can still open:
    Dispensers
    Hoppers
    Furnaces
    Ender-Chests
    Enchanting Tables
    Brewing Stands
    Anvils
    Droppers
    Crafting Table
    Beacons
    and you can sleep in a bed.

When you place lava/water in build mode it spreads even when you leave build mode it is still there, you can plant crops and bonemeal them in build mode but when you leave build mode they are removed (except for melons, pumpkins and sugarcane which stay where they are when you leave /build mode) however this has not been tested but can other players harvest crops that have been bonemealed by somebody in /build mode???

I dont think that preventing pistons from being placed solves the probelm because some people I know like building 3x3 or 4x4 redstone doors in survival however I think I have come up with a solution. Is it possible to disable block updating on placed blocks in /build mode until the structure has been fully built?? If so then e.g. when a redstone torch is placed next to some redstone dust then the redstone dust will not activate because block updates are turned off. This could fix the problem of falling sand/gravel/anvils and also the liquids from running around.

11. Offline

Mathias Eklund

Dashdart Didn't have much time yesterday so only disabled block placing, will update the plugin quiet frequently to be as good as it can be. The update canceling part sounds like a good idea,I'll have to try that.

12. Offline

Dashdart

13. Offline

Dashdart

Mathias Eklund There is no download link on the dev bukkit page thingy????

BTW have you managed to have time to look at the bugs??? :)

14. Offline

Mathias Eklund

Dashdart No, I haven't had time. I'll fix the dl on the bukkit page though.

15. Offline

Dashdart

Mathias Eklund Mathias Eklund hey...umm I have managed to find some more bugs :(

I don't think that the plugin manages to store damage/data values (or whatever they are called now!) when you place spruce wood or birch wood in the chest it always appears as oak wood and will only accept oak wood. This also applies to half slabs, upside down half slabs...of any kind it will always appear as a double stone slab and that block is un obtainable in survival so you cannot finish the structure/build.

Thankyou for your time :)