Creating a sky world

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Chintzi, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Chintzi

How would one go upon creating a world with randomly generated islands i know this won't be easy but please help me i know this will involve block populators and custom world gen so where do i start xD

2. @Chintzi
    This thread should give you a basic idea on how to use chunk generators/block populators.

3. Offline

Chintzi

@AlvinB Thank you very much but i know how to create a custom world and all so far i have managed to create an empty world with loaded schematics of islands ive create as cool as this is id quite like to make islnds that a completly random in the way they look.

4. @Chintzi
    Basically, when generating the islands through your chunk generator, throw in some random numbers for things like size, height etc. If you have figured out how to make island already, it shouldn't be too hard to do this.

5. Offline

Chintzi

@AlvinB Good idea! thank you and yeah the islands that are loaded are different to what im trying to do, with the islands i had now i just building by hand and saved their schematic and then loaded it to a random block in my custom ChunkGenerator class but yeah ill give this a try tho im still not sure how im going to achieve this

Ok well I've been trying but i lack the knowledge of using math skills in code it all just really confuses me any else have any ideas

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.