Plugin Help Creating a custom enchantment with EnchantmentAPI

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by CloudSix, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CloudSix

So I'm a server owner/dev well acquainted with the EclipseIDE, and I stumbled upon this plugin called EnchantmentAPI( http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/enchantmentapi/) and I'm wondering if anyone could instruct me on how to use Eclipse to create my own Custom Enchantment, as the tutorial on the page didn't really suffice.

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@CloudSix Dunno what you are talking about, the tutorials are pretty good and in-depth. You are saying that you have read the four linked tutorials, correct? If you still can't figure it out from there, it's likely to be a deficiency with Java fluency rather than with lack of explanation.

CloudSix likes this.
  3. Offline

CloudSix

Do you think you could contact me and show me step by step how to do this? You seem like you know what you're doing :)

@pie_flavor Do you think you could contact me and show me step by step how to do this? You seem like you know what you're doing :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  4. Offline

pie_flavor

@Cloud6 I don't actually know what I'm doing. I've never used it before. But the tutorials are really straightforward, and you should give it another try.

5. Offline

CloudSix

@pie_flavor I gave it another try, but I don't know what file to open with eclipse to make the classes

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@CloudSix So you are saying that you don't know how to make a class in Eclipse? How are you a server dev well acquainted with the Eclipse IDE then? Because that's basically the entire point of Eclipse.

7. Offline

CloudSix

@pie_flavor I know how to make a class, I'm just asking which file to make the class in. I can share the server IP if you like.

8. Offline

pie_flavor

@CloudSix whatever one you want... the tutorials kind of assume that you know how class structure works and how you plan on structuring your plugin.

9. Offline

CloudSix

@pie_flavor Alright thanks for your help. Currently adding a new CustomEnchant, so thanks a ton

10. Offline

CloudSix

@pie_flavor Hey I'm having trouble with finalizing constructors, could you please contact me and give me a little help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.