Solved Create Explosion without Dropped Item Removal

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MCMastery, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MCMastery

Hello. In my hub plugin people can throw "grenades" at each other that costs points, which makes players go into the air. There is also a "point bomb" which players can place on the ground and it will shoot a steady stream of gold nuggets out (each one you pick up gives you a point). But I have a problem: when a point bomb goes off and there are tons of gold nuggets all over, people can throw grenades at them and the resulting explosion removes the items. Is there a way to avoid this? I can't think of anything :-/

2. Offline

123ang

Maybe cancel the event. Or make a fake explosion (play the sound to the player EXPLOSION, then play the particle effect HUGE_EXPLOSION where the "grenade" lands). It gives the effect of an explosion :)

3. Offline

ReadySetPawn

Maybe an EntityDamageEvent that cancels the damage when the item gets hit by a block explosion.

4. Offline

MCMastery

123ang but I still want the effect where people fly into the air when they get damaged by the explosion

ReadySetPawn Thank you, that worked :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Offline

Intangir

that worked? it didn't even fire that event for me when items were destroyed by explosions

6. Offline

MCMastery

It worked for me, as far as I remember.
    I ended up doing World#createExplosion(); with the two booleans at the end being "false".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.