CraftBukkitIDE

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by nobiths, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nobiths

Hi,
    I started to write a little IDE for Bukkit Plugins. I wanted that you can do lots oft things without coding, but if you want to add own code, you can do that. If you like my idea, please support me on GitHub:
    https://github.com/Nobiths/CraftBukkitIDE

pm.PNG

pm2.PNG

You can download it here or compile it yourself, but there aren't many working features...
    Bye!

Goblom likes this.
  2. Offline

MCMatters

nobiths May i get a download link?

3. Offline

nobiths

Oh Sorry If you want I can compile it tomorrow (in Germany its 22:45) but this is more an idea then a finished Programm... (Look at the code on github...)

4. Offline

Lolmewn

Screenshots would be nice :p

5. Offline

Garris0n

I feel like this would be better off as an IntelliJ plugin or something to that effect.

Not to be rude or anything, but I doubt your IDE will ever be as good as one being produced by a large company, and, as such, it doesn't really serve a purpose.

6. Offline

nobiths

Garris0n Maybe i don't have to call it IDE but Plugin Maker ?

7. Offline

mazentheamazin

Garris0n
    I'm on it ;), since I just love the idea.

8. Offline

Bertware

This. IntelliJ offers really good tools for writing code, and it would be a waste of effort to try and get close to that on your own. However, if you write a plugin for an existing IDE, you could add very specific functionality. For example, you could have plugin templates, maybe some auto-generated code etc. This way your plugin (for intelliJ/eclipse/netbeans/...) will ease development for others, while you don't have to reinvent the wheel on the subject of syntax highlighting etc :)

9. Offline

nobiths

Bertware Why don't you do it? I don't have the knowledge to write a eclipse Plugin (for example)... I would use it...

10. Offline

Garris0n

I would assume because he doesn't want to. He is just pointing out that it would be a waste of time to write yet another Java IDE for a few extra features instead of adding those features onto an existing IDE.

Also, you could learn how to write plugins for IDEs ;)

mazentheamazin likes this.
  11. Offline

nobiths

Garris0n Maybe i will do this... ;) But i will develop my "IDE" (or Plugin Maler) too, because at the moment im not really good in Java, and it IS a nice chellange... I will post it if the Programm is ready for usw... :p

12. nobiths I hope you're keeping a few things in mind; being:
    1) Actual error detection on runtime/when writing the code
    2) Compilation of the program, what compiler are you going to use? Javac or your own implementation?
    3) GUI-programming can be hard.
    4) Threading/concurrency
    5) People are not going to use this, if an IDE like Intellij or Eclipse can and probably will provide more features.

If I were you I'd rather write a plugin for each IDE (being Eclipse, Intellij and NetBeans) and make that as nice as possible. That way people are enjoying both their favourite IDE and your tool. :)

Writing an IDE is harder than you may think. I'd suggest you to open up your IDE and start writing down it's features. (Buttons, actual features like code completion etc, debug tools, redeployment, maven integration, git integration, gradle, groovy...)

Anyways, good luck with your project, I hope it really becomes something :)

Garris0n likes this.
  13. Offline

nobiths

CaptainBern 1. I think i will use javac 2. The Main GUI is nearly finished... 3. I think you guys didn't really understand what i try to programm.... Its a tool, where you can create plugins without coding but if the features are not enough, you can add code vor eddit the generated one... I will never try to write an IDE like eclipse or netbeans without a developer Team... Look at this: mcreator.pylo.si

14. nobiths Oh like a visual plugin creator? Like Android app-inventor? Still good luck :p

15. Offline

nobiths

16. Offline

nobiths

CaptainBern It would be nice if you give me a Star on GitHub

17. nobiths I don't give a star unless the project is something I am either really interested in, or it's either something that inspires me or contains extremely high quality code. In it's current state your projects meets neither of my "prerequisites" so I won't star it (yet).

18. Offline

nobiths

CaptainBern OK i totally understand this but at the the moment i dont have time (school :( ) but maybe I will upload New code tomorrow?! Did you look at the code? Why don‘t you help me with the development (if the layout is ready)?

19. nobiths I am too busy with other projects ;)

20. Offline

nobiths

CaptainBern Okaay i See I have to do it alone ;) No Minecraft in the next three months... :(

21. Offline

MineStein

This is a pretty cool idea! So it will be a tool for someone who wouldn't know Java and Bukkit's API. But then someone who does know it can edit to actual source of it?

22. Offline

nobiths

Yes thats right

23. Offline

MineStein

Awesome

24. Offline

nobiths

Thanks... I didn't update the code on github for a long time, but if you can programm in Java it would be nice if you help me on github... ;)

25. Offline

MineStein

nobiths Sure! I will take a look!

26. nobiths I'm glad someone is actually trying to do this, I once had this same idea but have no idea where to get started...

27. Offline

nobiths

DJSkepter I understand you, i said already i didn't upload new code for a long time... Wait a month, then e-mail me if you are interested in helping me ;)

28. nobiths Well, I did not exactly say that I wanted to work alongside with you. Since then when I first had the idea and now, I have grown in Java knowledge greatly and I believe I may be able to pull it off - a way to get people with very limited programming knowledge to create their own plugins.

Screenshot of current progress (open)

[​IMG]

Worry not, I do not plan to steal the idea from you - continue with what you are doing. The things we are creating may seem similar but they are very different in a sense. By the way, I used something called the 'jsyntaxpane' to create the thing where you add (code) text.

29. Offline

MineStein

Wow, it looks pretty cool so far!

30. Looks like fun in the first place, thoug... what can one do with this? What type of plugins can you create without knowing much of java? I did not brainstorm too much this time on purpose...

One thing i couldn't resist... one could trigger teleports by something and have a nice interface to set commands or actions to trigger it, also to alter the teleport locations including the data-management, including "highest block", relative, world spawn, ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.