CraftBukkit for Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 now available

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE FOR MINECRAFT RELEASED IN 2013
    Show Spoiler

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (#1000) with Minecraft 1.7.3 support is now available. This new build contains a fix for a huge memory leak (resulting in significantly improved performance), a rudimentary Piston API and a built-in permissions system, among other things (for more information, look at the Recommended Build announcement thread linked below).

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. However, there are possibly changes included in this build that could break some plugins, though this is highly unlikely to happen.

Known Issues:
    • Signs, chests, furnaces, etc. sometimes wipe under certain circumstances. This is a vanilla Minecraft 1.7 bug that we're still investigating.
    For more detailed information on what is contains in this update, please see the Recommended Build announcement thread here:
    http://goo.gl/MVtgK

Updating to this Recommended Build is highly recommended as it contains, among many other things, a fix for a huge memory leak that should result in better performance overall. As always, please backup your server before updating, just in case.

Download CraftBukkit #1000 here

To keep up to date on our latest Recommended Builds we have an RSS feed you can subscribe to:
    http://ci.bukkit.org/other/latest_recommended.rss

2. Offline

Zethioth

BukkitDev's.

Absolutely no rush. You guys take your time and release whenever you want. If you rush it, then odds are it will be buggy, which you already know how that works. Take your time, don't worry about these greedy bastards. :)

jlu likes this.
  3. Offline

ALFONSO

Under 5 minutes. Would suck though.

4. Cant wait till 1.8 is out for bukkit it will be an exceptional job like all the other builds.

5. Offline

Mijeman

You guys rock...really appreciate your work. -waits patiently-

6. Offline

madhatterzz

wow im shocked out how hard you guys are working to get this done quickly let alone how fast your getting it done :) good work guys , keep it up

7. Offline

racecar56

Keep up the good work!

8. Offline

kedia

well does the newest version of it work now? :D can i start setting up my server?

9. There's a dev version out. It's being thoroughly tested. When bukkit is updated and official and release build worthy, I'm sure there will be a news article on the front page.

10. Offline

racecar56

Thanks for pointing that out.

I tried out CB #1104. I think I was previously running either #1000 or #1060, probably the latter. My plugins work fine, and it seems to all work well. As usual, keep your CB build for 1.7.3 (or whatever you were using before) around, in case something bad happens, should you try it.

11. There are still a few bugs that are being worked on by the Bukkit Team.

I know a bunch of you guys already are, but please thank the Bukkit Team/Testers them when you get a chance, they're doing awesome things for us (and doing a lot of it with no sleep :confused:)!

For those of you asking things like "can i start setting up my server?":
    You can, but I'd do it locally, as these builds can "...kill your pet goldfish..."

The RB will be posted on the front page when it is ready, along with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it!

--FF

madhatterzz likes this.
  12. Offline

madhatterzz

thanks for the update , now i can get some good nights sleep even though its 5am here :) but yes a big thanks to you guys for working all night to release it for us...../claps hands

13. Offline

Tsuimonster

Right on. Cheers to the devs for working so hard on it. I'd order those involved an X-Large pizza w/ Extra Cheese, Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, Ham, Pineapple, & Mushrooms... but I'm afraid I don't know the delivery addresses of the devs :p [Not asking for them, but yeah... if I knew them personally, I believe a pizza delivery guy would still be knocking on their doors.]

Meanwhile, I've just woken up from a nap while listening to C418's awesome songs made for Minecraft. I gotta say it's beautiful to listen to while amazing progress is being made. (I think I dreamt of my Minecraft server.)

14. Offline

netespl

Little bug report for actual build - there is an issue with doors - when I create double doors (wood or iron) and open it I can't go through them, they're pushing me back. On Vanilla everything's fine.

15. Offline

eclpsN

Yeah seems pretty good. Door bug though but I realise that it's very early. Amazing job guys, canät wait for a stable :)

16. Offline

Adri.Hoster

when bukkit will be aviable for 1.8?

17. Offline

EmanuxJade

*_*

racecar56 and Prof.X like this.
  18. Offline

ChrisX930

and when Bukkit will aviable for Minecraft 1.8.1?

19. [​IMG]

20. Offline

racecar56

Last 4 posts FTW!

I'm getting the door glitch too. It's also happening on trap doors. Well, at least we're getting somewhere!

Even more edits: I found a "workaround" for the door bug on double-doors. Try going through the left one, and try not to get in the hitbox of the right one (act like the one on the right is still closed). It seems to work. Remember this when you're running from creepers. These are wooden doors I'm using.

EDIT again: "Fixed minecarts forgetting their purpose in life" lol?

21. Offline

j4mie

Overfilling chests (using shift click) seems to overload and crash servers.

22. Offline

datLicht

there i salso a chest problem... double Chests from old worlds have wrong optical direction...

23. Offline

denace

Notch fixed that in 1.8.1 but Bukkit is still 1.8.

24. Offline

Mijeman

Guys, relax, they're working on it. That being said though, I refreshed the page last night, ended up somehow on the first page of this thread, and when I saw all the "Thanks!" messages, I thought it was out and got excited. Then I was immediately sadmode when I realized it was my mistake XD

fernferret likes this.
  25. Offline

reaver894

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to a fresh SMP 1.8 world

26. Just a friendly reminder that this thread is titled "CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.3 now available" not "I have a 1.8 bug to report"

If you absolutely feel the need to post a bug (and you shouldn't at this point, the team is simply developing in the open to give you guys CB faster, as the current builds are known to have bugs) you can do it here:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/1-8-bukkit-bug-thread.36621/page-3#post-671751

Thanks!
    --FF

EDIT: Feel free to continue giving @EvilSeph @Dinnerbone and the rest of the team thumbs up's!

MariuszT and Mijeman like this.
  27. Offline

soul_shot_fire

thanks u guys for ur fast work an sleepless nights and i look forward to playing agien on a great make

28. Offline

ShAd0w2kXX

Wow! You guys must be working hard! almost 100 builds without an RB. 1.8 must be an incredibly stubborn piece of work. Kudos to you guys for keeping at it!
    Eagerly looking forward to the release :)

29. Offline

Gurjot

Stop spamming threads about 1.8 seriously.

30. Offline

johnshone

hi guys i cant wait for CB 1.8.1 so keep up the good work and many thanks to all the bukkit team for haveing sleepless nights over this big updata cant wait :p

31. Offline

AegisZephyr

TBH, It's a nice change over the "UPDATE BUKKIT NAO" threads and complaints. I'm sure the Bukkit Team appreciates the encouragement as opposed to the complaints that people tend to constantly spam when an update comes and craftbukkit hasn't been updated as soon as the newest Minecraft update appears.

Personally, I know very little about programming and seeing as how far Bukkit has come along from the old HMod, I am extremely satisfied with the progress being made. I have yet to see a successful SMP server that ISN'T using craftbukkit in some form of another so they have to be doing well.

Sondre Berntsen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.