CraftBukkit 1.5.2-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.5.2-R0.1) that provides Minecraft 1.5.2 compatibility is now available.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine, with the exception of plugins that use Minecraft or CraftBukkit code.

What is a Beta build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build, like every first Beta build for a Minecraft update, is primarily made available to help facilitate more testing coverage to bring us closer to a Recommended Build sooner. Please consider running this Beta build to give us a hand with discovering issues we need to address in order to reach a Recommended Build.

Known Issues:
    • None.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.5.2-R0.1 here

2. Offline

akyniz4444

3. Offline

Sirstaven46

4. Offline

Pitsbrgparatrpr

5. Offline

UltiFix

Nice and quick!
    Thanks guys!

6. Offline

veks

Excellent, thank you! But still we are waiting for the recommended build. I hope you will soon show it to us, and thank you for your work!

7. Offline

xParte

when do you think is the recommended version available ?
    And Nice Work Team! I used Bukkit since the 1.2.5 Beta Version. ^^

8. Offline

Juicygoose187

It's amazing how fast you guys work! I got home from school... sat down... updated Minecraft than went to Bukkit to check for an update and there was 3 DEV builds already! Thanks so much guys, I appreciate your hard work!​

Who moves nothing, nothing can move? I don't get it! xD

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  9. Offline

londcraft123

Great! Everything works!

10. Offline

xParte

thats comming from a German Rapper ^^
    it means as much as "nothing comes from nothing" (Sorry for bad English) :D

11. Offline

Juicygoose187

Oh that's cool! I translated wrong then, I am German as well! :D My last name is Goehring.

12. Offline

TechnoGirl

Good job! EvilSeph great work really! I am so downloading this.

13. Offline

coolsparky97

I did checked it and it was set to true, as I thought I had been on..

14. Offline

Regablith

Just decided to look to see if there was a beta build... Good thing I did :p

15. Offline

hi lol

good work keep up do more craftbukkit

16. Offline

Ametz

How far away from a recommended build is it?
    My friends stopped playing along time ago on my server since i wont upgrade the server to beta etc.

mountainlion88 and Ikx_1 like this.
  17. Offline

Ikx_1

Ametz Yeah, I would like to know that too.

18. Offline

veks

Ikx_1 and I also want to know ^ _ ^ at least as far as is ready, 30% or 50% or 99%

19. Offline

owenftw

Great plugins :D

20. Offline

kokiboki

When will the recommended build come out ? For some reason the owner of my server wont update until the Recommended build comes out.

21. Offline

gameng98

Nice work man! :) GREAT!

22. Offline

Bobcat00

Ikx_1 and Lubenica007 like this.
  23. Offline

dreadiscool

24. Offline

N00BDestroyer

great work, I have been developing plugin for about a week or so now. Starting to get a little more advanced. But this is cool. Great job keeping up with minecraft updates so that my players dont leave.

I would update to 1.5.2. 1.4.7 is really old now. look how many builds come after it. 1.5.2 It runs fine with 18 plugins on my own server, just give it a try. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  25. Offline

Go4Nightfire

26. Offline

AustinTX1985

It's been nearly 2.5 months now since Mojang released Minecraft version 1.5, and the current recommended build is 1.4.7? A version released over 5 months ago? I am wondering at this point whether there will be a recommended build before 1.6 is released. I know that I do not even begin to understand how the process of updating a complicated program like Bukkit works, but it has never taken this long to update before. It is difficult for me, a server owner, to find plugins that work because many developers are refusing to update until a recommended built is released. Is there any time table for this?

27. Offline

mountainlion88

IKR it seems like it took forever. And there wasn't that much changed in 1.5... At least from the users side there doesnt seem like that much, but maybe Minecraft completely changed the code.

28. Offline

isaacsilin

I have to admit, it is true, maybe EvilSeph is just REALLY busy, you know with working on the builds and keeping up with the updates, that he has really no time to make a new goog.l (did i spell it right?) link

29. Offline

Ametz

5 months since Mojang released 1.5?, wow.. Thats something..
    If bukkit is dead then pls tell us so we know..
    I haven't even started my server for weeks since no one plays anymore.
    Not until i udate to 1.5, and i won't risk my server on a beta etc since it is BIG.

30. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

1.5.2 came out in May.

31. Offline

Bobcat00

The beta release works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.