CraftBukkit 1.3.2-R1.0 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (1.3.2-R1.0) that provides Minecraft 1.3.2 compatibility is now available. As this RB contains a significant number of important changes and fixes - including the extensive work we've put into improving server performance, upgrading is highly recommended.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

Important Notes:
    The release of Minecraft 1.3 introduced built in auto-save functionality that is completely new to Minecraft: prior to this release, server admins had to provide their own means to save things on their server at a set interval. As a result, the vast majority of servers already have an auto-saving mechanism of some sort, rendering the newly provided built in auto-save largely redundant. On top of this, it was also immediately noticeable that the built in auto-save was the cause of a significant performance hit to the server, even going so far as to lock up the server each time it ran.

Bearing this in mind, we decided the best course of action was to make the auto-save interval configurable and default to being disabled. By doing so we immediately saw a noticeable performance increase on servers and noticed overwhelmingly positive feedback on our Beta builds. While some might argue that this could leave servers without frequent saving, this change simply reverts behaviour back to what server admins are familiar with from Minecraft 1.2.5.

As mentioned before, we have made the auto-save interval configurable and disableable within the bukkit.yml. Simply set "ticks-per.autosave" to the number of ticks you want between each save or set it to 0 to disable it completely and use a script or plugin to manage it instead. For future reference, the Minecraft default for this value is 900.

Known Issues:
    • None.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.3.2-R1.0 here

2. Offline

TnT

Excellent.

Note: Support requests made in this thread will be removed without any further warning. Use Bukkit Help for assistance.

Recklessauditor likes this.
  3. Offline

vander_fr

Good job guys !

thank you so much for all !

4. Offline

Nickshelton80

Very nice! ^_^

5. Offline

Avasam

Thanks for the configurable autosave, great job guys

6. Offline

grid21

I just updated and the server seems really smooth and clean! Again Rock Awesome job at bukkit HQ!

7. Offline

GIKACHUU

Very nice update from 1.3.2-R0.0
    It's nice and smooth and the autosave config. is great!

8. Offline

MCTSS

Very nice! :)

9. Offline

skvllx

oh yeahhh

10. Offline

user_90599104

Great! Go team bukkit :D -HighFive-

11. Offline

Archarin

Thanks Guys![sheep]

12. Offline

devoo

Shiiit To The Yessss ...... :cool:[tnt][creeper]

13. Offline

Jake0oo0

Amazing.

14. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

Very much appreciated.

15. Offline

CarlosArias604

Yay more updates! :D

16. Offline

HappyPikachu

Woot. Thanks for making auto-save optional! \o/

17. Offline

ELCHILEN0

Great job! Keep up the amazing work everyone!

18. Offline

t3rm1nat0r57

Finnaly, it arrived !
    Thanks for your hard work guys.
    Keep up !

19. Offline

MrMag518

Ah, just lovely :)

20. Offline

blazee15

Nice work once again

**claps**

21. Offline

TnT

Once again, please keep support requests in Bukkit Help. Keep in mind, TPS issues can commonly be caused by plugins, so the first step should be to update the plugins, and if that fails to provide better results, eliminate the plugins and see what happens.

22. Offline

PHSTennisDude96

Thanks for all the amazing work you guys do! Makes the Minecraft multiplayer experience absolutely phenomenal! :D Hope you guys will continue CraftBukkit for as long as Minecraft is played :D

23. Offline

cnaude

Good news everyone! This RB works great!

24. Offline

Nuko32

Finally! Thanks to everyone in team! Keep goin' guys :D

Recklessauditor likes this.
  25. Offline

xSkivy

My factions plugin broke when I updated to this build. Anyone else having this problem?

26. Offline

Chris_D_Turk

Thank you!
    But there seems to be some problems with handling utf8-chars since this build. e.g. essentials cant display utf8-chars in motd although the file has the correct charset.

27. Offline

TheMisterPieMan

I don't know why, but when I updated, nobody could place blocks. :,( I switched my permissions plugin and made sure everybody could edit the world.

28. Offline

misskanagi

Thanks for updating~~~

29. Offline

daboross

Most likely a plugin you have, check by disabling all of them and see if the problem goes away, anyways, this isn't the place to put that...

BTW Awesome Job guys, Thank you SO MUCH for this build. I couldn't use the beta build do to lag, and this is SO MUCH BETTER. The "<username> has issued server command <command>" Has saved me so much trouble, and I hope to see some trees with sideways branches!

Thanks for teh update, keep doing what you are doing, and I bukkit is truly the best minecraft server software there is!

30. Offline

Jacold92

Thanks a lot Bukkit Team! It's all I need :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.