CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R2.0 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (1.3.1-R2.0) that provides Minecraft 1.3.1 compatibility is now available.

Important information about this Recommended Build:
    This Recommended Build is merely a slightly more polished development build that we're promoting to a Recommended Build so that people who rely on a Recommended Build being available can try out our development builds and decide if they want to use them. We decided to promote another Recommended Build of this nature to address issues discovered in the first one.

Getting this Recommended Build out provides us with two advantages: it allows us to get a more stable build out for the community to use and it enabling us to unshackle our development efforts and start pushing experimental changes that we hope will significantly help out with Bukkit performance and stability which we'll be releasing in an upcoming Beta build.

A note on Minecraft 1.3.2
    As Minecraft 1.3.2 was primarily a bug fix release whose main purpose was to address an issue with travelling to and from the Nether and this issue is and was already fixed in Bukkit, there is no rush for us to update Bukkit to Minecraft 1.3.2. We'd rather focus on getting a stable, better performing Bukkit out first then work on updating Bukkit to the latest Minecraft update.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R2.0 here

madmac, jacklin213, Ktos94852 and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

TnT

catbox01
    Did you include a pull request for those fixes?

Also, it seems that "Lag" is just cosmetic. There is no actual lag caused by running on 25565. It just appears to the client as a large ping response.

Edit: This is because the client does the extra srv lookup on the server before defaulting to the normal port. No actual lag is experienced, its all just cosmetic.

Brock Blocking Samson likes this.
  3. Offline

ThornRage

Thank you
    Thx
    Did I say thank you?
    Thank you very much.
    Please accept my thanks

4. Offline

grid21

Hey Bukkit is really taking over my CPU. When I go to run it both my dual core processors are new %100 used! Sadly this forum post won't let my post my prof but this is not the best build.

5. Offline

Buddy1

Uh I know this is a dumb question but does anyone know the start.bat code(s) for the 1.3.1-r2..Thanks..

6. Offline

TnT

Use the Bukkit Help forums for assistance.

7. Offline

Buddy1

Oh Alright Thanks!

8. Offline

Nickshelton80

Hungar is going down abnormally fast on this RB.

9. Offline

TnT

Saw a report on leaky about that, was proved to be a plugin.

Always, always, always test without plugins. You'll be surprised how many issues can be caused by a misbehaving plugin.

10. Offline

Nickshelton80

I just checked it out, I don't have that plugin :3 .
    However i will keep looking, Thanks.

11. Offline

crystalballmac

Thank you bukkit team for all your hard work!

Please ignore the jerks and complainers who don't appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in on your own time. I would like to see all these complainers take the same amount of time as the bukkit team to help fix bugs and see if they change their tune.

This is my first post. I have been lurking and leeching off your hard work for a while now, and thought it was about time to express my gratitude for all that you are doing for the minecraft community. There are probably many others lurking like me who appreciate your hard work!

With an updated set of plugins our 1.3.1R2 server is working great!

Wolf480pl likes this.
  12. Offline

zeshan321

Dose this work with 1.3.2?

13. Offline

Murkk3d

I keep getting Connection Reset message when I try to download this build or the previous build, anyone else having this problem???

14. Offline

StalePhish

I would say no, assuming that the users would see some "error: server out of date" type of message. I'm having this problem right now with my server. We're running the second 1.3.1 recommended build but some of out clients missed the 1.3.1 update so when they hit update in their client, they will patch straight to 1.3.2 and not be able to connect to our server.

15. 1.3.2 works fine on 1.3.1RB1/2

16. Offline

Icee2199

17. Offline

TnT

I'm running 1.3.2 and connecting to my 1.3.1 server just fine. Have you been able to reproduce that without plugins/client mods?

18. Offline

sniperdoc

If it fixes the lag when swapped to an alternate port it's just "cosmetic"...? CCNA here... trying to wrap my head around that statement... something isn't right if users experience that type of latency regardless. 500ms compared to 160...? Packet Size, excessive packets, etc...?

However, I will say, that I appreciate all your guys' work. I don't even run my own server at all, and just check the site occasionally to make sure my admin is aware of latest builds and what not. So that dude on page 1 and 2 complaining away at a free service you guys provide... well he can go play vanilla. (I had a better, more expletive riddled response)

Something I would recommend though, being an IT Director and what not... Please put in your main paragraph that shows on the bukkit.org front page what exactly was fixed. It would help tremendously rather than trying to read through all the posts to see what actually got fixed.

19. Offline

TnT

sniperdoc
    Its not actual lag. As in, when you join the server, none of what you saw for low ping response has ANY impact in gameplay. Its due to an extra DNS query which makes it LOOK like its a slow response.

So, like this? http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/view/01371_1.3.1-R2.0/

20. Offline

ray73864

Haven't had any lag at all on our server, ping is still just as normal as it ever has been even in 1.2.5, we are running on the default port too.

21. Offline

catbox01

TnT: Yes, we thought it was cosmetic at first too, but then we noticed significantly smoother gameplay, with less stuttering. Our cannon transports and high speed rail worked much smoother. Chunks loaded much faster. I'm sorry, but the performance was just generally better.

You know, I had a satellite company set up a dish once, and I was disappointed by the signal strength. They said "Oh, it's actually 10% better than it reports." I said "really?" You see, they didn't realize I used to sell the damned things, and knew that they were 100% wrong.

Sorry guys, but when we switched back so as not to lose players, performance degraded significantly. I'm not suggesting this would work for everyone, or that it would make any difference for some people. It worked for us.

22. Offline

grid21

Ok TnT I posted in the help forum so now can I get some help?

23. Offline

Wolf480pl

Good job Bukkit Team, thank you.

For those who complain: keep in mind that the only program with no bugs is the program that does nothing.

Personally, if both 1.3.1-R1 and R2 were Beta Builds, I would use them on my server anyway.
    I think if you were releasing more Beta Builds (10 per Minecraft protocol version) and less RB's, more people would learn to download and use Beta Builds.

24. Offline

tmm35morte

Keep up the awesome work!
    Tanks

25. Offline

kshade

Thanks, our metrics are about the same (only 4 worlds but bigger, slightly more users) so maybe we should give it a shot.

26. Offline

4am

The people who work at Mojang work on Minecraft, not Bukkit. The people who took over Bukkit do not work for Mojang.

Also, it's not as simple as changing a version number and copying some files over. Bukkit needs to be re-coded to match many of the Minecraft changes. 1.3 included a major change to the chat system in Minecraft, which required an API break (so, a new event and API design in Bukkit). That doesn't code itself.

No one at Bukkit is being slow, slacking, or mis-managing the project. We've been through this since day 1 with the Bukkit project, and it's the same every time; even now that releases are faster than ever. Each new version has new and unique game mechanics and code elements which need to be coded for.

In other words, don't complain when you have ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKING CLUE what you are talking about.

27. Offline

sniperdoc

Like 5000ms slow??

Yeah but maybe something more directly in the OP thread itself. Some people are to dense (myself included sometimes) to click links and check. Just some of the major issues like Chunk Saving and the lag issue. :)

28. Offline

TnT

Yes.

Check the first post (toward the bottom):
    ;)

29. Offline

Jaiguru

Not that I'm bashing bukkit, just throwing it out there that before this (RB2.0) release, these weird rollbacks were less common. It happens more often after upgrading and it seems to roll back farther than it used to. Not sure what's causing it but I hope it's a prime concernt here because it's making the game somewhat unplayable.

30. Offline

TnT

Plugins. Check them.

31. Offline

zerohex1034

That's strange because it says I can't reach my server on 1.3.1R2 when I updated to 1.3.2. Are you SURE they are compatible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.