CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R2.0 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (1.3.1-R2.0) that provides Minecraft 1.3.1 compatibility is now available.

Important information about this Recommended Build:
    This Recommended Build is merely a slightly more polished development build that we're promoting to a Recommended Build so that people who rely on a Recommended Build being available can try out our development builds and decide if they want to use them. We decided to promote another Recommended Build of this nature to address issues discovered in the first one.

Getting this Recommended Build out provides us with two advantages: it allows us to get a more stable build out for the community to use and it enabling us to unshackle our development efforts and start pushing experimental changes that we hope will significantly help out with Bukkit performance and stability which we'll be releasing in an upcoming Beta build.

A note on Minecraft 1.3.2
    As Minecraft 1.3.2 was primarily a bug fix release whose main purpose was to address an issue with travelling to and from the Nether and this issue is and was already fixed in Bukkit, there is no rush for us to update Bukkit to Minecraft 1.3.2. We'd rather focus on getting a stable, better performing Bukkit out first then work on updating Bukkit to the latest Minecraft update.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R2.0 here

madmac, jacklin213, Ktos94852 and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

nhadobas

Honestly, all i was doing is asking for help along with the other people who made posts. I fully respect you guys doing this and all, but i really need some help and no one else could answer my question on any other gaming website. If anyone could it would be the all knowing bukkit staff :)

3. Since it almost seems like complaning is the norm here ill go against the stream.

Thank you Bukkit for getting us a RB just days after vanilla, and thank you again Bukkit for R2 making it even better.

Major improvement on the server and its extremely appriciated, your work has not gone unnoticed :)

4. Offline

RustyDagger

I would have to agree this build is much better in terms of performance still some issues to be found tho :) but if there was not I think a lot of people would be confused lol. Some thing not quite right is pretty much the norm with minecraft...

While i get that 1.3.2 is merely a pretty name for what we have its still a pretty name I would really like to have.

5. Sorry didn't read all the posts

6. Offline

BlazinDevan

I haven't tried it yet, but does anyone know if the lag has been reduced at all? Please don't get mad at me for this, It's a legit question.

7. Offline

javoris767

8. Offline

Kalas2626

i second that statment.or was it a question? either way WithinRafael should STFU

9. Offline

PSU4EverServer

For those asking about lag, I'd like to touch on the matter.
    I didn't experience much lag or high resource usage regarding the last build,
    but this build didn't seem to different from the last one.

There does appear to be better terrain loading though, but I'm unsure.
    Thank you Bukkit for all the hard work you guys put in.

10. Offline

Nickshelton80

I'm seeing an amazing preformance boost with this RB.
    Keep up the great work everyone! :)

11. Offline

jacklin213

Well ofc bukkit does a great job. Makes me wonder though it said that the plugin was released 16 hours ago but i was on 3 hours ago and it never said that :(

12. Offline

Doctacosa

I was anxiously waiting for an update to include the chunk saving fix, thanks for having it up!

13. Offline

MsInscrutable

So a Rec Build is now a Dev Build with extra polish?
    When did the Bukkit Team become Mr Sheen?

Seriously, maybe letting the bug reports roll in for a while longer might be a better alternative to releasing a spate of microfix updates.

That, or just change the labels to better reflect their actual status: "Fixed all the bugs we could find, please test Build" rather than Rec Build, perhaps?

14. Offline

williewillus

But the problem is that almost no one purposely uses the dev builds to find bugs. To find bugs, the team has to push an RB so people actually USE the build, report them, and help the next builds be better. That's why fourth and fifth rbs are always rock solid. People have been testing the other three for the team.

15. Offline

Coolsy101

16. Offline

agee4398

My World still wont load properly on my Server :(

17. Offline

Recolance

This build is a MAJOR issue. I would not classify this as an RB. Causing massive latency on my server. Which runs on 1270V2 processors. I would never reccomend this build to anyone. I'm rolling back to the best dev build you guys have, #2326

18. Offline

Etsijä

19. Offline

ray73864

I concur. We had many an issue with R1.0 (we went with the devbuild after it since the R1.0 had a lot of issues), Installed R2.0 and the server is running so much better it just isn't funny.

Still have issues with audio lag, but that's a Minecraft issue itself (for some reason Mojang felt it necessary to move all the audio code from client to server *the mind boggles on that one*).

Currently we are running the most recent dev-build because i liked some of the fancies in the devbuilds after R2.0.

20. Offline

Dr_Bunsen

This looks awesome, I hope you guys fixed the laggy part? if not, I don't blame you guys, as a coder myself, I know how anoying it is that people ask everything, and just demand stuff.
    Keep up the good work.

- Dr. Bunsen

21. Offline

kshade

I really appreciate all your work and effort with this project. Minecraft SMP would be a lot more boring without you guys. This new release policy is a bit confusing though.

I've always viewed the recommended builds as a sort of "stable" branch of Bukkit while the dev builds were there to test out stuff and help users to run the latest and greatest version fresh from GIT. But these last 2 RBs? They don't really fit the "stable" bill (as you pointed out in the OP) and I don't feel like it would be a good idea to migrate our server to them, even though they're marked recommended.

Maybe it would be better if you marked them as testing builds, or beta builds, or whatever. Something other than the established "recommended". That way reading impaired people won't complain to you about these more polished dev versions being, well, just that instead of a proper stable release. Also I wouldn't have to explain to our users how yes, there's a new RB out on the front page but no, we ain't gonna run it.

_Robert likes this.
  22. Offline

TnT

kshade
    The vast majority of the community uses RB's, so we promoted RB's. Expect to see more beta builds in the future.

1.3.1-R2.0 is fairly stable. Most plugins have updated by now as well.

23. Offline

kshade

TnT
    I get that, but we run a huge server with a persistent (read: not wiped out every other week) map and I really don't want to risk it messing up or running badly by installing a not-quite-recommended build. Mind you, I'm not complaining about the speed the Bukkit team works at (it's impressive that you're so fast, given the circumstances) or anything. I just don't want to run a (potentially) unstable build.

24. Offline

ray73864

We run 16 worlds on our server (Multiverse is awesome).

3 nether worlds, 1 end world, 4 main survival worlds, an old redstone gallery, a new redstone gallery, a create plots world, and the rest are all just random creative worlds.

We had a few issues with RB1, updated to a dev build after that and still had some issues but the big ones for us were resolved.

Switched to the dev build after R2.0 (because i felt like going really bleeding edge) and haven't had a single issue, plus our piston extender bug was finally fixed.

We average around 20 players per day and 1 of our survival worlds (members only) is huge, runs into the z8000, z-8000, x7000 and x-8000.

Honestly, just back up everything (you should be backing up your worlds all the time anyway), and give it a try, i backed up everything on our ramdrive to disk several times, dumped the important mysql stuff to disk, emptied the ramdrive, and started clean, copying all the worlds back, installing fresh new versions of the plugins (keeping the old configs though).

Took about 15-20mins, but it was well worth it.

25. Offline

chrisman0091

Hey shut up you disrespectful jerk. For one learn your facts. The people at Mojang got hired so they could help Minecraft with a new modding API and plugins for SP, not make Bukkit get done faster. Also I would like to see you do this faster. For free like them.

Darky1126 and Allexz like this.
  26. Offline

barghest

Hello, CraftBukkit devs. I'm grateful for the relatively quick work you folks have done ironing the bugs out of the 1.3.1 release in the past couple weeks.

I do have a quick question. The main thing I like about 1.3.2 is that it fixes the obnoxious bug where water in a cave can push you into a wall or a corner and you will begin to suffocate for no reason. Does Bukkit fix this? If not, is there any way it could? I can't imagine the 1.3.2 client, which I am running, fixes this all on its own, as damage is determined by the server. The Nether bug and the wall suffocation bug are the two main gameplay issues, and I've heard that you folks have fixed the one, so I'm asking about the other, as it is unbelievably annoying.

FAKE EDIT: Don't feed the trolls, people. Please.

27. Offline

chlitto

it didn't help me :/

28. Offline

TnT

If it didn't help you, you likely have a plugin problem. Feel free to try b2343 though, just in case.

29. Offline

madmac

Kudos..

30. Offline

spydercanopus

I'm still having glitches with pistons. But the performance has improved dramatically. Thank you Mr. Bukkit.

31. Offline

catbox01

Explain, please:

First of all, why is there so much lag through the default port?
    Second, why can we significantly cut the lag by renumbering that port?
    Third, why the hell didn't anyone look at the solutions in the forum posts and act on them sooner?
    Fourth, why has the most recent dev. build STILL not addressed this issue?

Folks, cut out Snooper and renumber the port (let your players know the new number first, or they won't be able to connect), and you can SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your lag. Read about it here, down towards the bottom:
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/bukkit-131-lag-on-all-servers/
    Under the builds for 1.25 we ran at a ping of about 160. Under the builds for 1.3.1, this jumped to 3100! We renumbered our port and got rid of snooper, and it dropped to 583, which, while not perfect, is a hell of a lot better than it was. This worked for us, and may work for you also. As always, note any changes you make so that you can revert if necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about the fixing of the chunks issue; that was huge. Now let's take a look at the lag issue, and see if we can't get the ping down another couple of hundred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.