CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R2.0 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (1.3.1-R2.0) that provides Minecraft 1.3.1 compatibility is now available.

Important information about this Recommended Build:
    This Recommended Build is merely a slightly more polished development build that we're promoting to a Recommended Build so that people who rely on a Recommended Build being available can try out our development builds and decide if they want to use them. We decided to promote another Recommended Build of this nature to address issues discovered in the first one.

Getting this Recommended Build out provides us with two advantages: it allows us to get a more stable build out for the community to use and it enabling us to unshackle our development efforts and start pushing experimental changes that we hope will significantly help out with Bukkit performance and stability which we'll be releasing in an upcoming Beta build.

A note on Minecraft 1.3.2
    As Minecraft 1.3.2 was primarily a bug fix release whose main purpose was to address an issue with travelling to and from the Nether and this issue is and was already fixed in Bukkit, there is no rush for us to update Bukkit to Minecraft 1.3.2. We'd rather focus on getting a stable, better performing Bukkit out first then work on updating Bukkit to the latest Minecraft update.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R2.0 here

madmac, jacklin213, Ktos94852 and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

TnT

When an RB is promoted, it is a build that has been tested to be sure to be free of major concerns. While they may not always be bug free, they are stable for use.

1.3.1-R2.0 is more polished than 1.3.1-R1.0. It contains many fixes that were affecting server performance and stability. As always, I recommend backups before trying any new CB build - whether it is an RB or otherwise. Personally, I run a test server that I can run my plugins through to see if they are compatible before updating CraftBukkit. It has worked wonders for my stability as I know what plugins break, and what I need to watch out for on my live server.

Whoa, that's a really old 1.2.5 RB. I'd suggest trying to stay on the latest RB's at all time.

What I'd suggest: Update all your plugins and your CraftBukkit to 1.3.1-R2.0. Keep on top of any plugin updates and CraftBukkit updates. If you can do all this on a test server first it would help your transition to 1.3.1, but if you cannot, please take backups of your existing setup first.

As always, the Bukkit Help forums are here to assist you if needed.

How so? 1.3.2 contained fixes already present in CraftBukkit. What do we hope to gain by rushing to 1.3.2, other than perception of the issue rather than the reality?

3. Offline

RoryBecker

Thanks Tnt

In general terms I totally get what you're saying, but in my case I'll be having to upgrade my minecraft client from 1.2.5 to 1.3.2 and I've no idea how to reverse that if something does go wrong.

Aren't the client files universal to the machine, unlike server files which can be restored from a backup folder.

4. Offline

TnT

You can backup your minecraft.jar file. In general, Google is your friend here. :)

5. Offline

Carthang

Another way, which will also allow you to play different versions of minecraft, is to use a .bat(batch) file to start minecraft.

What I usually do is to open notepad and write
    Code:
    SET APPDATA=%CD%
    Minecraft.exe
    Save it as a .bat file and place in the same folder as the Minecraft.exe file, and it will "install" minecraft in that folder, without overwriting anything you may have had before.

Another benefit from doing it this way is the ability to put this folder on a USB drive and run Minecraft directly from the drive, on any computer, without having to start over on a new Singleplayer world on every computer(if you alternate between various machines to play on.)

Granted, there are probably custom clients that will let you do this in a much easier and user-friendly way, but this is hardly complicated, and has proven very helpful when I try out various single-player mods, or want to keep playing mods that no longer update.

Just my two cents on the matter, and also, great job to the bukkit team for providing us server-admins with a quality server software.

~Carthang

superbomb17 and Tanite like this.
  6. Setting flyingspeed is working, but walkspeed doesn't work
    please test it. I don't know If this bug only happens to me!

7. Offline

dacnien

Woot finally the 1.3.1 lag nightmare is over at least :p keep up the good work

8. Offline

Steam Engines

sweet :3

9. Offline

Amaranth

Unfortunately it seems the client ignores this value due to what appears to be an accidental missing line of code.

It is still useful for controlling the "moved too quickly" detection code and perhaps someone can make a client side mod to fix it there.

10. Is this a Minecraft bug or can this be fixed in Bukkit? And the bug is that no one on my server have skins. :( It looks like a cracked servern. Just Steves. :(

11. Offline

Amaranth

That is just the minecraft skin service having issues. Nothing to do with Bukkit.

12. Offline

hawkfalcon

What happened to beta builds?:0

13. Offline

TnT

You will see them again soon. We choose to go with the RB route for these builds as they contain many important fixes we wanted the entire community to partake in, not just those willing to use builds marked as beta or dev.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  14. Offline

y1985

Horrible lagging was gone. That was big improvement.
    Great job Bukkit team.:)

15. Offline

KollegahDerBoss

Thank you alot! I love you Bukkit Team <3

16. Can you give us a list of EVERYONE who is using development builds? I'm not. I'm waiting patiently for an RB, because I trust the Bukkit team to decide what is most reliable or suitable, at the time, to present to the community. If you think you can manage everything better, why don't you join Bukkit, smartass.

17. Offline

FrostyWolf

In what build? I'm on the new RC and I still have players that fall through the world entering the nether and log on to the game suffocating. The only plugins I run are Dynmap/Safe-Creeper/RepairRecipe, and the server is running on 16 GB of ram on a uncapped 100mb connection, on two dual core xeons.

We have at max, 10 people logged in at a time.

18. Offline

seang96

I seem to be having more lag issues after updating.

Oh it was a plugin that i updated. Downgraded it and the servers running better, but its still below 20 TPS most of the time.

19. Offline

grid21

Some of players say that it's very laggy to the point of freezing. There are still preference problems.

20. Offline

TnT

Make sure you are trying without plugins.

21. Offline

xSkivy

Thanks guys! Great job! In the changelog, what is the thing about player walking speed? Is it now able to be changed?

22. Offline

Chris Hackett

I have an idea lets bitch and complain to people who are providing a free server until they decide "why are we doing this anyway?" whats with this sense of entitlement?

MedlarGW likes this.
  23. Offline

Twiker

No one can connect to mine. I find that weird.

24. Offline

IdealIdeas

you say there is no rush to update to 1.3.2 well there is no need as 1.3.1 serves work with the 1.3.2 client.

25. I might be wrong but I think seen as no new blocks/mobs or anything like that were added 1.3.2 clients should work with 1.3.1 servers

diannetea likes this.
  26. Offline

grid21

Ok I can try running it without plugins and see what happens.

27. Offline

Master Gabe

The performance has improved greatly on this, but still gets a bit choppy at 160+ players. I run a very little amount of plugins that are all updated, but it's still hard to tell where the leaks are coming from. Keep up the good work bukkit team :)

28. Offline

IdealIdeas

For doing a new system that has Developmental, beta, and Recommended builds you guys sure seem to stray away from calling these Beta builds....

After all, are beta builds not simply Polished developmental builds?

29. Offline

Curtis3321

Players keep getting end of stream

30. Offline

IdealIdeas

Im pretty sure thats what I said...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.