Console Spam Messages

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ShadoDart, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadoDart

So I use a app on my iPhone that lets you remote ssh so I can use the server console on the go. I decided to try and put a emoji in the chat, so I pressed on a emoji and didn't even click enter. It suddenly started spamming my chat incredibly fast with ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>" so I can't see a single thing I type. It does this wherever I access ssh from, even my home computer. Im not sure what to do to stop the spam, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Offline

Lolmewn

You can always try to restart your server (Both minecraft and the actual server, I mean). 10/10 should work :3

3. Offline

ShadoDart

How can I restart the console? I am unable to type any commands or anything in it at this point...

4. Offline

lycano

ShadoDart you should not use emoticons since those are special characters and it could translate into weired charsets that may be executed as a command. Depending on the ssh implementation on your phone you might trigger bugs inside the ssh client.

There is no restart command you need to use the stop command and then startup the server again with whatever script you use to start the server.

Restarting the console so it will work again is not possible since i belive this is some bug in the used ssh client.

5. Offline

ShadoDart

So does that mean there is no way to fix it?

6. Offline

lycano

Did you tried to ssh via putty client or non mobile ssh?

7. Offline

ShadoDart

Yes, but I use the app when I can't get on my computer. I fixed it by restarting the server, but it's annoying cause even if I accidentally press a emoji it does it again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.