Connection: Refused Error

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by skillinazn, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

skillinazn

I recently switched routers (linksys to belkin) and I have portforwarded my router to allow my server to run. However, I ran into the most annoying issues of all: getting it to connect. After an hour's worth of getting it to work I wanted to try out to see whether I succeeded or not. On the contrary, I received a "Connection: Refused" error. Now, the funny part is this: I can't go on my server, BUT my players can. I've gotten three people playing fine at the moment, yet I can't even enter my server. I've portforwarded before (owned a server for a year now) but this is the first time it's happened. It's very weird too. I tried this on a different computer in my house and I still get the same error! Does anyone know what the cause of this is? Thanks to anyone that can help.

EDIT: Using my internal IP address made it work, but I still would like to know why I can't use my static IP.

2. Offline

RumbleIV

Try using "Localhost" to connect. Also, are you using a premium account? If you are not, then your server probably is online mode and you have to set to offline mode.

3. Offline

skillinazn

Yes I am. Localhost does not work by the way.

4. Offline

OstlerDev

You are not port forwarding correctly. <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  5. Offline

skillinazn

[quote uid=90563719 name="OstlerDev" post=1381362]You are not port forwarding correctly. <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

If I'm not port forwarding correctly, how are my players able to join in? I've researched this a lot by now, no need for that googling link.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  6. Offline

Zigz1

I had the same errors for some time too, it goes away after a teacup of time. Maybe you should get a redirect host on no-ip.org and try that. Running my poor server on a 2GB ram computer with failure upload speed and willing to host it public if everything goes fine.

7. Offline

skillinazn

Ah, alright then. I've been using a no-ip.org host for a while, and that hasn't been working. I'm able to direct connect via internal IP, so I guess that would suffice for now. And don't worry, my server also runs on a 2GB ram computer as well. It's mainly private, but it still does well with connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.