Command_Blocks and No OPs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by davidbla, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

davidbla

Hey there,

im really new to Bukkit and I've to tank you all for this awesome product!
    Great Work!

Im not sure this is the right place to ask for this question - so @mods feel free to move or tell me to post anywhere else.

I'm using an up to date spigot 1.11 version and some plugins:
    WorldEdit (+ Async)
    WorldGuard
    CharControl
    Multiverse-Core
    PermissionEx
    ProtocolLib

If I deop a player and grant him access to * (anything), he is able to do things like "/give @p command_block".
    But he will be not able to place it, but the player is able to use "/setblock x z y command_block".
    The player is not able to access the command_block gui or remove this blocks (like other command_blocks) but he can use them with a button or leaver etc.
    He also can do a '/setblock <x> <y> <z> command_block 0 replace {Command:"<command>"}' and user this command_block...

So the limitation to don't let no ops access command block is not verry useful...

In my specific case id like to allow command_blocks on a specific world for one groups.
    I'm using Minecraft to teach IT knowledge and I've to use command_blocks sometimes to shorten some functions. Atm the guys are using this setblock command with replace... but this is a bad solution.

There are many posts out there about plugins or request for a ability to allow this in configuration, every answer is "NO SUPPORT!" because its an security risk - thats a cazy reason!

Would it be possible to add a rule for that, so that plugins like pex are able to manage this right?
    And plase... do not allow (replace command if this is denyed)

Best Reegards :D

david_bla

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@davidbla Why not get plugins instead of the commandblocks?

3. Offline

davidbla

what kind of plugin?
    Im just missing a rule for the ussage of the original command blocks.
    Where is the sense in just dont having one and claiming about security if a no op with setblock is able to do the same with a command?

But yes plugins seems nice, i started with client plugin developing.
    Very interesting stuff (normaly ill use every other programming language first, because I've so much trouble with java.. but I'd to come along with java for the lejOS for lego mindstorms years ago.

But this will need some time, witch i dont have atm..

4. Offline

@davidbla Client plugin?
    What do you commandblocks do?

5. Offline

davidbla

@timtower client plugin was very bad phrasing ;)
    I wanted to say plugin developing with forge.

the command blocks are used for setting effects or setblock etc to transmit data bits or simmilar things.

but i dont want to use a plugin, i just need non ops to be able to access the command_block gui, destroy them and place them without setblock command.

it seems like this is the wrong place to discuss this "feature request", for me its more a bug that this roule was obmitted...

anyway i would use a plugin if it will just add this rule ;)

6. Offline

7. Offline

davidbla

thank you so much for this great link :) awesome i wasnt able to find it by myselfe

[SOLVED]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.