Collections-Gui.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Dibney, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Offline

Dibney

Hello! I'm going to just run through this quickly:

I'm looking for a plugin that'll allow you to click on a player near-by, and a chest gui would pop up of items/weapons/etc that the player is showcasing in that gui, hopefully this will be simple enough. :)

To add the showcased items into the chest gui, you would issue /collection open and it'll open your own collection gui to drag in your items to showcase them to other players.

And of course, staff could have access to player's collections (/collectionadmin [playername]) and drag out any inappropriate items that they may find.

What this is good for: Showing off named, enchanted, and cool items. It could be also used to showcase items that you'd like to trade as well. :)

I hope that this plugin can be made, thank you so much.

2. Can't this already be done with Essentials?

3. Offline

Dibney

How so? If you're talking about /invsee, that's completely different than what I'm asking for. :)
    Invsee shows the entire inventory, and not just a selective collection of items.

4. Offline

B3nyx

/invsee only shows the "backpack" and not the selectionslots.
    Would be great if someone did this.
    Regards

BloodBacker and Dibney like this.
  5. Offline

Dibney

Bump.

Bump

6. Offline

Goblom

As a coder i do not know if bukkit has a method to get the items in someones hotbar. I do know you can get a item in a players hand
    Code:java
    1. getPlayer().getInventory().getHeldItemSlot()
    and i do know that the hotbar does have slot ids. I just don't know how to move through all the items in the inventory and just get the items in the hotbar

Edit: I do know how, im just lazy

7. Offline

L33m4n123

FYI .. Hotbar is just simply inventory Slot 0 - 8 ;)

8. Offline

Dibney

What about a chest gui, though?

9. Offline

Desle

If someone tells me how to store items with the lores, enchantments and the name saved in a configurationfile, i could make this :)

10. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Desle You can serialize and de-serialize itemstacks

AndyMcB1 likes this.
  11. Offline

Dibney

Bump.

12. Offline

Garris0n

It shows the hotbar slots, however, because of how the inventories are stored, they're just on the top instead of the bottom.

13. Offline

Dibney

Bump.

Please? :(

Bump.

14. Offline

calebbfmv

Sounds easy, maybe if I get some time.

15. Offline

Dibney

Ooh, thanks!

Bump...

16. Offline

tobiyas

Dibney, I'll try this. Got some time at the moment.

17. Offline

Dibney

Yay! :)

18. Offline

tobiyas

Are you using and permission system? If so which one?

19. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Most permissions plugin support the default "player.hasPermission(<lol>)", and if not: Vault will do

20. Offline

tobiyas

@Dibney, I've got a first version for the plugin.

Here the link.

Commands:

* /collection : the next player you click will open his collection.
    * /collection open : opens own collection and lets you edit it.
    * /collectionadmin [playerName] : lets you edit the collection of the player named.

Permissions:
    * showcase.edit.own : permission to edit own Collection
    * showcase.edit.other : permission to edit someone else's Collection

21. Offline

Dibney

It's on a good start! I did find an issue, whenever you try to drag in something for /collection open, it will not allow you to drag anything in, do op's need the permission to edit it too? Also I'm unable to open other people's collections by clicking.

22. Offline

tobiyas

To now it is just click and add. Means when you click an Item, it is added.

But only Items with a custom name can be added. I'm not sure if that is correct.

23. Offline

Dibney

Ah! Let me just test that in a second then.

Edit: That aspect works fine, but when someone removes the item from the collection, it disappears. Also when you drop the item in your collection, it'll remain in the collection.

24. Offline

tobiyas

HM. Okay. How exactly should the Plugin react? A player clicks an item in his inventory and a copy is Transfered to bis collection.

2.nd a player wants to remove the item Form bis collection so he clicks the item and the copy is removed.

The original Item is never touched. Please correct me if I bot something wrong. :)

25. Offline

Dibney

I like this system better than my idea now that I think about it, but now the only thing that needs to be tweaked is the "clicking the player to view the collection" thing! I'm so excited. :)

I also have a request, would it be possible to add an option to rename the collection? Like "enchanted things" "prized possessions", etc. by a command? And perhaps with that, a command that would reset the name via /collectionadmin?

If you can do all this, you'd be the best person in my book right now. :)

26. Offline

tobiyas

It is possible to change the Name of a collection. At the moment they are named after a player. But it would be no Problem to Name them after something else. I'll geht some sleep and do that tomorrow (12 am here. ;) )

27. Offline

Dibney

Awesome, thank you very much!

28. Offline

Dibney

Any word on the plugin's progress? :)

29. Offline

tobiyas

Sorry, I didn't have much time yesterday. I have a question: Can a player have more that 1 collection or not?

For orrientation, it is possible to add if you want.

30. Offline

Dibney

That would be nice to implement. :)