[CLI/ADMIN] [WIP] Baskit: Screen-based Minecraft Server Manager

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by SteveMcGrath, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SteveMcGrath

GOALS: a console-based server manager that can allow for easy scripting, updating, backing up, etc. without the need for complex systems or a lot of programming knowledge. This is an old project that I've resurrected, and as always, please let me know of any suggestions you may have ;)

Current Progress:
    • Complete rewrite of the code. (picked up after 4+ months of inactivity ;)
    • Most of the basic functions work"
      • start
      • stop
      • restart
      • update
      • command input
      • player listing
      • status
      • console
      • backups
      • snapshots
      • sync (ramdisk support)
    • ToDo:
      • bukget support UPDATE: Beta support implemented.
    Installation:

Easy as copy-pasting the right line into your console:

Video Walkthrough of initial installation & some basic usage:

Notes:
    • If you want to use baskit to access your server from anywhere on the system, then move the baskit.conf file thats created to /etc or ~/.baskit.conf
    • Baskit uses screen, this means that it is restricted to the user thats running it. You can use sudo to get around that issue.

Well 70+ views and no one has reported any issues yet...so I might have done something right :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  2. Offline

TnT

SteveMcGrath
    Care to combine forces on ABM? (See signature below)

3. Offline

SteveMcGrath

ABM looks promising, however I think most of this code replaces just about everything you have done. Feel free to poke about in the github repo for the code I have setup and let me know if you can nav around in it. I still have some code cleanup to do in there but you should be able to figure everything out. If you like what you see, I could definitely use some help. This is mostly just a side project to BukGet for me ;)

4. Offline

SteveMcGrath

Released version 0.2.3. Simplified rsync support (for ramdisk environments) and fixed player listing for MC 1.4+ (tested on 1.5.1 vanilla and bukkit w/o issue). Please note that the configuration file has changed a little in 0.2.3.

5. Offline

SteveMcGrath

Version 0.2.99 Is in PyPi. This version includes initial support for BukGet as well. you can now install plugins directly from the baskit console. I'm working on rewriting everything for a 0.3 release that will be a lot easier to manage in the long-run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.