[Chat] PermBasedPrefix

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iwitrag, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Offline

iwitrag

Hello everyone !
    I've searched for hours but still couldn't find plugin, which behaves like essentials-chat and allows multiple-prefixes, so I'm here with an idea for new - but very simple plugin.

PermBasedPrefix plugin

Main idea:
    The idea is: make it possible to create another prefix and assign it to player with specified permission. Each prefix and permission will be defined in config.yml of this plugin and when player has one of permissions from config then he will get prefix.

There are tons of these plugins, you say? Well, none of them is compatible with essentials-chat plugin, and that's why I'm making this plugin request.

Features:
    • Automatically assign prefix to a player with specified permission
    • Compatible with essentials-chat (prefix from PermBasedPrefix will be on the beginning of chat line)
    • Support for color and formatting nodes (&)
    • Ability to create / delete prefixes in-game
    Commands:
    /pbp create <name> <appearance> <permission node> - name is system name of prefix, must be unique and is used in delete command, appearance is how the prefix looks like (e.g. [MyPrefix]) and permission node is node needed for assigning prefix to the player (pbp.prefix.###)
    /pbp delete <name> - delete defined prefix (name is unique system name of prefix)
    /pbp reload - reloads the plugin (when something is changed in config.yml)

Permissions:
    pbp.command.create - allow to use /pbp create command
    pbp.command.delete - allow to use /pbp delete command
    pbp.command.reload - allow to use /pbp reload command
    pbp.prefix.### - ### is <permission node> defined from in-game create command or from config.yml file, users/groups who has this prefix will automatically get prefix in chat when they write something.

Possible future features: (not strictly needed, only my ideas)
    • Ability to assign multiple prefixes - each with defined priority, to set which comes first, which last
    • Make this plugin not only for prefixes, but also suffixes
    • Compatibility with more chat-plugins
    I really need this plugin so If somebody has time, I would be really happy if someone could create it for me (and I'm sure not only for me :))

/Refresh/ :)

2. Offline

iwitrag

/Refresh/

3. Offline

Glenot

Try the PermissionsEX plugin, it has a prefix option for each level of permissions, and a command block friendly command to give any player that prefix, without changing his or her IGN.

4. Offline

iwitrag

I have been using PEX a long time. It doesn't support multiple prefixes. When you setup prefix for a player, it overrides default group prefix. Also I had some serious bugs with PEX, when PEX was forgetting permissions randomly, so I'm using zPerm now and I'm happy, because it works just pretty well and it has region permissions and much more features. It was worth spending 24 hours converting all permissions to zPerm :)

But unfortunately - zPerm is like PEX with prefix, when you define prefix for a player, it just overrides default group prefix. That's why I'm requesting this plugin.

I hope that somebody will make it. It would be great ! (but I know it's boring - but usefull !)

5. Offline

Glenot

6. Offline

iwitrag

I want the prefix to occur before first perm prefix.
    When I use this plugin, I can change
    [VIP]Nick to [VIP][Prefix]Nick - but I need [Prefix][VIP]Nick. Also, I don't really think that changing the whole nick just because of prefix is good idea. It can be buggy (e.g. when using /msg command) and it conflicts with Essentials /nick command.

Well, I think I just have to wait, until someone goodhearth make this plugin for me :)
    I believe that someone will do that. I think this plugin can be really useful. I would make it by myself, but I have no experience with OOP, I programmed only in Basic, C and GML ^^

7. Offline

iwitrag

Second refresh ^^

8. Offline

Samthelord1

Start a conversation with me please

9. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh :)

10. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh [zombie]

11. Offline

kungfuko

You want 2 prefixes? Dont you just want prefix and suffix or what?

12. Offline

iwitrag

Yeah I want 2 prefixes... I would runaround this with suffix, but I'm using essentials chat and you cannot simply change displayname handling.

13. Offline

kungfuko

How do you want to prefixes? Thats not possible

14. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

It can if you override the Essentials chat format.
    Then you can add your own stuff to it.

15. Offline

kungfuko

timtower But if its 2 prefixes. It for the same group? So it would be <[Owner][Owner]Name>

16. Offline

The idea of this plugin is to add new prefixes that are given based on permissions

iwitrag likes this.
  17. Offline

iwitrag

kungfuko: please read the first post of this topic at least thrice and you will understand :) Thank you
    timtover: thanks for understanding :D

18. Offline

iwitrag If somebody makes a prefix plugin then I will add a hook to ChatLikeMe for you.

iwitrag likes this.
  19. Offline

iwitrag

I'm using essentials chat (because there is per-group format) but thanks anyway :)

20. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

21. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

22. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

23. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

24. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

25. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

26. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

27. Offline

BartMiner

I can take a look at this currently working on other project. But this isnt hard.

iwitrag likes this.
  28. Offline

iwitrag

Sorry for late response - that would be great :)
    Good luck, I'm not developer I thought that this is hard because of all those compatibility issues (faction prefixes, minigames prefixes, etc...)

29. Offline

iwitrag

So how it's going? :)

30. Offline

fefe2008

iwitrag
    I'm using bpermissions and the prefixes work with essentials chat just fine