Inactive [CHAT] nChat 0.8 - Barebones chat [1.2.4-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by niccholaspage, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Offline

smokie

i have fakepermissions installed as it comes with group manager as you have said. I don't use essentials so i would guess there would be no need for the esssentialsgroupbridge. Is there any info that i could give you that would help you understand where the problem might be? Thanks for your support so far.

2. Offline

niccholaspage

Can I have your Permissions config & your message format please?

3. Offline

smokie

I was using the defalt message format at first and i did end up changing it abit when trying to work out the problem. with the defalt message format the group was listed but w/o color. when i changed the format to not list the group it just show the brackets with a empty space as it should have. I think i tried it a few more ways but that was a few days ago now and i'm not sure what they were now. I'm sure that by useing the defalt tho it should not have mattered on the outcome.

As i had said befor i don't use permissions but i use group manager with fake permissions. I only tested with my own rank as seen below. The admin group was from my groupmanager/worlds/world/group.yml. Sence i was not looking to have personal prefixes for users just the groups i never set any prefixes in my groupmanger/worlds/world/users.yml. i just noticed as i was posting my sample group.yml that i never made a suffix. could this have been the reason?

Sence half the reason i wanted to use your mod was not working for me i have sence uninstilled it and i'm now using prefixer. I would really like it if i could get your mod working fully as i find it to suit my wants more so. Also i have my group manager linked with McMyAdmin that seames to use color codes also. not sure if this matters or migt have effected it.
    nChat: messageformat: '[+prefix+group+suffix&f] +name: +message' colorcharacter: '~'
    nChat: messageformat: '[+prefix+suffix&f] +name: +message' colorcharacter: '~'
    Admin:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - '*'
    inheritance:
    - moderators
    info:
    prefix: '&c'
    build: true
    suffix: ''

4. Offline

Hyphe

For some reason, it can't find the prefix and suffix from Permissions. :(

5. Offline

niccholaspage

PLEASE post more information. CB version, Permissions/GroupManager version, and nChat message format please.

6. Offline

Hyphe

Nvm. I got it to work.

7. Okay so every time i edit my group manager folder it brakes the whole thing and prefix and suffix don't work :/

8. Offline

niccholaspage

That is not my fault, it's yours. And even if it was an actual bug with my plugin, you did not post the version and other information I needed. Use tabs instead of spaces in the Permissions/GroupManager config.

9. i am sorry i have never posted on bukkit and pretty new to the hole thing :/ ^^

i found me problem i think it was because i had tabs open if someone could tell me if thins was the reason i would be very happy ^^

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  10. Offline

PatrickFreed

What would the correct config for the group, inside parentheses, and the name all to be the same color. (including the parentheses/brackets)
    Here's a screenie of my attempts:
    Screenie (open)
    [​IMG]

11. Offline

niccholaspage

Huh, it seems like you got it in the fourth to last. Oh wait, that little white spot, ugh. Are you sure there isn't an &f in the beginning of the format?

12. Offline

PatrickFreed

Code:
    nChat:
        messageformat: '+prefix[+group+suffix] +name&f: +message'
        colorcharacter: '~'
    This did it for me. :)

13. Anychance you could add a timestamp to this ?
    if your plugin supports craftbukkituptodate i will switch to this over ichat.

14. Offline

niccholaspage

I'll get CBUTD working with it, and I'll see what I can do about the time stamp.

15. brilliant :)
    CBUTD is a must for me really.

16. Offline

grandwazir

The plugin gets very unhappy when someone types a % sign into chat. I'll see if I can dig up the error from the log in a minute.

EDIT: Here it is

Code:
    2011-05-08 10:05:23 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to nChat
    java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = '%'
            at org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerChatEvent.setFormat(PlayerChatEvent.java:97)
            at com.niccholaspage.nChat.nChatPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(nChatPlayerListener.java:46)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:236)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:646)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    2011-05-08 10:05:23 [INFO] <alleflax> type %appdata%

17. Offline

niccholaspage

Fixed in 0.4 which will come out soon :)

18. Offline

turtlelink2

Faction support?

19. Offline

niccholaspage

I don't know if this is possible, will look into it.

I'm going to release 0.4 soon, which will add timestamps and fix the % symbol.

0.4 is out.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  20. you missed the m in the OP :)

working perfectly btw

21. Offline

niccholaspage

Haha, thank you!

22. Offline

Devian50

YO NICC! does this *Require* permissions or can it run solo? just curious.

23. Offline

niccholaspage

Must use Permissions :p. Also want to say custom join and leave messages are coming :)

24. Offline

Devian50

ooh sounds nice! It's too bad I will have to set up Permissions in Ubuntu... :( but oh well. What must be done must be done!

25. is it possible to have the timestamp in 24hr format?

26. Offline

niccholaspage

Yep. Change the hh in timestampformat to HH.

27. Oh, its like PHP time? sweet, wasnt sure what format you were using

28. Offline

frog

Permissions 2.x has been discontinued. So I have switched to Permissions 3.0.6.

The following error now occurs and chat text appears plain with out any pre/suffixes.

Code:
    16:21:03 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to nChat
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No reading of prefixes/suffixes/build values allowed via this method!
            at com.nijiko.data.YamlGroupStorage.getObj(YamlGroupStorage.java:358)
            at com.nijiko.data.YamlGroupStorage.getString(YamlGroupStorage.java:330)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Group.getRawString(Group.java:149)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry$7.value(Entry.java:412)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry$7.value(Entry.java:409)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry.recursiveCompare(Entry.java:301)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry.recursiveCompare(Entry.java:315)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry.recursiveCompare(Entry.java:296)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry.getString(Entry.java:409)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry.getString(Entry.java:405)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.getInfoString(ModularControl.java:641)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.getPermissionString(ModularControl.java:774)
            at com.niccholaspage.nChat.nChatPlayerListener.onPlayerChat(nChatPlayerListener.java:23)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:278)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:671)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:660)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:292)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

29. Offline

niccholaspage

Yeah, I need to fix this. After the 1.6 situation gets cleared up and a new RB comes out, I'll start.

30. Offline

Justin Hawtree

Do you know how to change the color of chat only for a group with this plugin? Like everytime a admin talks the message is blue or red?