[CHAT] DanAndChat v1.0 Alpha - Prefixes, and local channels![1240/1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by McAndze, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Offline

McAndze

[​IMG]

DanAndChat v1.0.0-alpha
    ~ The Open Source Chat-Channel Plugin ~
    [​IMG]
    I'm currently looking for someone to help me develop DanAndChat.
    Due to real-life issues I don't have as much time for this project as I'd wanted. Throw me a PM if you're interested.

DanAndChat
    ..is an open source chat-project. If you're using the latest version, it will work out of the box for the average server.
    On top of that, there are a lot of configuration options, if you want to customize DanAndChat.

It aims to provide an alternative to HeroChat and similar plugins, while also later aiming to expand the usability in another direction, to fit e.g. roleplaying much more, but still be highly configurable so that you only get it to do, what you want it to do.
    [​IMG]
    Important:
    Show Spoiler
    Note this plugin sends usage statistics to me so I can see how many people are using this plugin and its popularity. This is a way for me of keeping track of how popular this plugin is. However, if you wish to opt-out there is an option to do so, go to the folder: plugins/stats and find config.yml and edit appropritately.
    If you wish to send me statistics but not have your server listed change listserver: false but keep opt-out: false.
    The stats are public and can be found here: http://usage.blockface.org/plugin/DanAndChat.

[​IMG]DanAndChat v1.0.0-alpha (Functional, not finished) - Plug'n'Play (Changelog Coming up)
    [​IMG]DanAndChat v0.1.14 - Jar| v0.1.13| v0.1.12| v0.1.11
    [​IMG]DanAndChat v0.1.14 - Pre-configured Zip| v0.1.13| v0.1.12| v0.1.11

Source

Old post - Keeping it for own purposes. (open)
    DanAndChat v0.1.14(Formerly NaviaChat)[/quote][/B][/SIZE]

Stykernag, Saidy99 and Samkio like this.
  2. Offline

stealthmonkey13

ok i gave my guys -'Chatting.chat.ch' and -'Chatting.chat.cantalk' And then i launch server and nobody has any commands.... whats wrong.

3. Offline

McAndze

4. Offline

Cmars

Damn big screenshot you got there <.<

5. Offline

ToitagL

Is this compatible with CraftIRC ? I mean, is it possible to set the Global channel as the normal chat, with redirection to the IRC channel, et have multiple RP channels which are not sent to IRC ?

6. Offline

McAndze

It's big? It should resize automatically. I'll manually resize it though, to avoid any issues :)

It might be later on. We were talking about that on our server too. I'll put it on the TODO list, just to make sure I don't forget :D

7. Offline

ToitagL

Great ! Definitely following this thread then ! :)

8. Offline

McAndze

Sure^^ I will start working on it after next release, which is later today :)

EDIT: Updated TODO list:D
    EDIT 2: Can't upload the new version tonight. I was coding at my laptop, which I forgot at school, and I didn't push to my Github <.< Sorry about that. I'll upload it tomorrow. It will work with the newest build, and will have channel ban/unban, and hidden channels features.
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 3:02 PM ---
    Updated to 0.2_02 - Works with latest builds, and is also fairly stable now. Still some missing features, which I'm waiting for you guys to suggest:D

Changelog:
    Version 0.2_03 - Permissions fix. Should work as intended now. EDIT: Still something wrong with naviachat.chat.cantalk. I'll fix it asap. EDIT: I fixed it. Will add a few features, and upload the newest version.
    Version 0.2_02

• Added /channel ban, /channel list, /channel unban, and /channel settings cmd <Value> - Refer to the commands spoiler, for more information.
    • Changed name from Chatting to NaviaChat. Permissionsnodes, and folders must be reconfigured. REMEMBER to delete Chatting.jar, to avoid conflicts.
    • Added hidden channels.. Kinda. I added the checking-code for it at least. The actual feature will come in next release.
    • Added console Logging. Some errors with not ignoring color-characters, but that's pretty minor.
    • Added an alternative to /ic, and /ooc. If you're in a In-Character focused channel, you can just put a dot in front of your message, to make /ooc trigger.
    • Fixed all the bugs I could find. There may still be some, so keep that console open:D
    • SQLite support broke! This is just until I find a decent way to edit channels with SQLite turned on. I don't think you'll need the SQLite dependency, but keep it just to be sure. Won't hurt anyone, and it is probably used by other plugins too.

9. Offline

dzekins

omg i woes waiting forewer for a plugin like this,, love you man :D and keep on with RP plugins

10. Offline

McAndze

@dzekins - I will for sure, as our server needs them:p

Oh dang it, totally forgot about uploading the newest version. If you downloaded before you wrote that message, then the plugin won't work for normal users. Try again now.

Changelog
    Version 0.2_04 - Permissions now works again. I've also added some messages, when no one can hear you in a local channel (Has yet to be tested!)
    Now also uses colors from the Permissions prefix. Just put the color code in front of the prefix. For example, this: "3Admins_" would give me this name in GlobalChat, in blue: "Admins_Mcandze"

11. Offline

dzekins

heh i havent still tryd it as our rp server is now going into 3rd age and we are rebuilding it .. grand reopening will be at 5ft of februa so than i will need it and all otther rp plugins that you can make :D

12. Offline

McAndze

Ah, then there should be no issues at all :)
    Good luck with your grand reopening! Good to see that we aren't the only serious (Which I guess you are? xD) Minecraft RP server:D

13. Offline

dzekins

okey im trying to make this run now but i dont understand what im doing wrong..
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 2:18 PM ---
    okey kinda starting to understand but how can i eneble or disable global chat, as if people just writes without joining channel it works as normal chat
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 2:31 PM ---
    the issue is that wehn people type in channel it appiers as double one in channel and one in normal chat

14. Offline

McAndze

Yes, I am looking into that issue. We're having that problem now and then. Usually we just do a /reload, then it works fine. This will hopefully be fixed next release. Thanks for reporting!

15. Offline

dzekins

tryd ewery chat there is they all have this issue

16. Offline

McAndze

Then it's most likely a problem with a conflicting plugin. Try disabling some and see if it works out :)

17. Offline

dzekins

ah yes found it out, it woes the craft essence that did that

18. Offline

McAndze

Thanks for reporting though! I'll see if I can make it work with Craftessence :)

19. Offline

dzekins

okey now that that is fixed, whats with the ull in global infrontof nicks and in local it says ooc and you cant change it to ic

20. Offline

McAndze

Global: If you're using Permissions, you need to add the prefixes to the groups. If you don't want prefixes, just put '<colorcode>', for example: 'f' for white names.
    Local: Hmm.. That's weird. On my server it works fine. When you type a message, it shows as IC, and when you put a dot in front of it, it shows [OOC]. Check your settings.properties - If that is set to true, you have to type /ic, before it shows the message as IC.
    If you make it false, it will only show [OOC] if you start your message with a dot.

21. Offline

dzekins

yes its on true and after typing /ic it just appiers red in chat /ic and when i type something it appiers with ooc

22. Offline

McAndze

Hmm, that is a bug I think. Try going to your settings.properties and set it to false for now. I know the other way works just fine. So you could use that for now :)

I'll make a new release today, but there are no major features added. It's mostly just a code cleanup, to make it easier to add new stuff.

23. Offline

dzekins

oh and, if i stand in a place where im totally alone shouldnt it show something like nobody can hear you or smth? becouse in local my chat messages appier and nobody is near me atlist for few hundred blocks

24. Offline

McAndze

Fixed in next release :)

25. Offline

dzekins

okey thank you wery much, and keep on witht he good work

26. Offline

LLA_Don_Zombie

Issue 1:
    Step 5, when I run the server the first time it doesn't create a settings.properties file. Any idea why or how I can fix this?

Issue 2:
    May be related to "issue 1", somehow it still works without the settings.properties BUT no matter what channel I select it still says [OOC] at the end of my name.

Additional info:
    I downloaded the .zip right into my plugin directory (edit: i also already have the sqlight and it works with all other plugins if that helps narrow it down), and this is a list of plugins I am currently using:
    -MCdocs
    -elevators
    -findme
    -iauction
    -iconomy
    -adminjail
    -myhome
    -naviachat (of course)
    -permissions
    -protecteddoors
    -towny
    -world edit/guard

I hope I have provided enough info to help you to help me. This plugin seems wonderful and if you could assist me with these issues I would be so grateful.

27. Offline

McAndze

I will! I will resume development when I get home today. I have some major rewrites I want to release, to make debugging and feature-adding a lot easier for me. It should fix your issues! :)

28. Offline

LLA_Don_Zombie

Oh thank goodness. I really want to use this plugin. In fact I'm holding off releasing my server for my community till i can get this to work. See ours is a post modern build RP and I would like to have players have a IC, OOC, and RADIO chat channels. (radio being like a short wave bounce radio that broadcast for like 3000-4000 blocks instead of the 100 for just normal IC) this plugin seems perfect for that. Can't wait, and thank you so much. BTW any idea why its not working right now? There isn't a quick fix for why I don't have a .properties?

29. Offline

McAndze

Sorry I haven't uploaded the fix yet. I can't access the internet on my desktop. I'll upload a stable release asap, since our own server needs it too. Sorry for the wait time!

30. Offline

LLA_Don_Zombie

OH so you have the same problem too? Well I am glad it wasn't just me. Well, sal gud, can't wait for the update.