[CHAT/ADMN/WEB] Runner v1.0.1 - Web Console Commands and Remote Chat[1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by AJCStriker, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Offline

AJCStriker

2. Offline

I4cDeath

This plugin will be super awesome if I could figure this issue out. I have followed the instructions to the tee but I recieve this message:
    03:29:12 [INFO] Failure to connect : SASL authentication PLAIN failed: invalid-authzid
    03:29:12 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Stream closed
    03:29:12 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedWriter.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
    03:29:12 [SEVERE] at java.io.BufferedWriter.write(Unknown Source)
    03:29:12 [SEVERE] at java.io.Writer.write(Unknown Source)
    03:29:12 [SEVERE] at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketWriter.writePackets(PacketWriter.java:206)
    03:29:12 [SEVERE] at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketWriter.access$000(PacketWriter.java:40)
    03:29:12 [SEVERE] at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketWriter$1.run(PacketWriter.java:76)
    03:29:33 [INFO] [Runner - XMPP Relay] is Enabled.
    I have opened the required ports for g-talk and used Notepad++ for writing the config. Also I have triple checked the info in the config. If you need any more information let me know. I feel its something on my side and I will keep tinkering with it but i figured I should let you know.

3. Offline

AJCStriker

Hey this is a login error, i will post an example yaml you can use yourself, or if you want I can enter the info for you.

It is worth saying the instructions are kinda simple and the video is for the old generation of the plugin. I'm making a new one.

4. Offline

I4cDeath

I realized I had downloaded from the wrong link. This was my mistake. I have run into a different problem however.
    Here are the steps I have taken:
    1. Created a new account.
    2. Added my new account to my existing account’s chat
    3. Downloaded from the MAIN LINK.
    4. Put the RunnerDistro.jar and the Runner – XMPP Relay from the .zip to my plugin folder.
    5. Opened the config.yml from the Runner – XMPP Relay folder and added my info.
    a. Username: [email protected] ( It gave me a login error if i didnt put @gmail.com)
    b. Password: password
    c. Contact: [email protected]
    6. Saved the file.
    7. Ran the server.
    It works but I receive:
    me: hello
    Server: Error:Error Decoding Packet
    in the chat screen and on the server cmd console when trying to type to the server chat account. I do receive messages from the server though like player login, chat and weather changes.
    Example messages from the server:
    Background: Player:GetOnlineIntReturned:1 Online out of a total 20
    Background: Player:GetOnlinePlayerListResponse:I4cDeath
    Chat:Message:§0(§4Admins§0)§7I4cDeath§f¬hello3
    Background:Weather:Rain
    Background:Weather:Sun
    *edit* Nevermind I will wait for command sender to be fixed. lol i need to check posts better :)

5. Offline

AJCStriker

@l4cDeath It was never actually broken, I just misunderstood the error. The video is misleading like that. The plugin in the video is called chatter and works through the mail.google.com interface, this works through a GUI called Gooey which is packaged as a jar within the file download.

The download link for Chatter is here and should work with a Runner config with the file name changed to "Chatter" instead of "Runner XMPP etc" . Then it will work with Gtalk through the following syntax :

/[command here] will be sent as console, i.e /set time 0

or just type a message to send under the label of
    'Remote Admin: [message]"

Its much simpler and has far less hooks than runner but can be run through gmail.

-- Slightly Newer version uploaded --

6. Offline

swbuza

plugin folder names without spaces make linux admins happy.

7. Offline

AJCStriker

I've never used linux, oops. Are you asking for the Runner config file to be no spaces?

8. Offline

swbuza

No, the folder 'Runner - XMPP Relay'. It's just difficult to work with from a linux console. Better off with Runner_XMPP_Relay or something similar.

Having spaces in file names or folder names isn't desirable. E.g my plugin.jar isn't nice, whereas myplugin.jar is. Same thing with the folder name. If we can avoid spaces in those for plugins, will help linux admins a bit.

9. Offline

AJCStriker

I can do that.
    *EDIT*
    @swbuza Done. The new one works from file Runner, change the existing filename if needed.

10. Offline

Technius

Does this work with hamachi?

11. Offline

blackalegator

Does it work with a portal Cake? Caz I dont really see any cream on it, will it stick with it?

Hmmm my steps
    1. Created account [email protected]
    2. Dwonloaded Chatter and put it to plugins folder from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31335087/ChatterDistro.jar
    3. Started up the server, edited config.yml and put teese lines:
    Username: example.server
    Password: 'password for example.server'
    4. Restarted the server

5. Got this errors:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to Chatter
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not connected to server.
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.sendPacket(XMPPConnection.java:445)
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.ChatManager.sendMessage(ChatManager.java:259)
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.Chat.sendMessage(Chat.java:97)
    at chatter.files.main.Main.messages(Main.java:182)
    at chatter.files.main.listeners.Players.onPlayerChat(Players.java:34)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:706)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Ouch, also getting theese errors:
    [Chatter] Error: SASL authentication PLAIN failed: invalid-authzid

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  12. Offline

AJCStriker

This looks like the server is run behind a heavy firewall or network restrictions. See if programs like steam and skype work, if not try hotspot shield. Also try adding @gmail.com to the username and password.

This is a simple login error. Check config.yml and try with the @gmail.com on both addresses.

What does that even mean.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

blackalegator

I tried to answer Techius question by posting the exact same nonsense he did :D

14. Offline

AJCStriker

LOL I get it :D. To be fair to him he may be running it from a University or School campus that blocks a lot of stuff. Hamachi is normally used for that.

Ok new updates out. Please re-install the plugin and reconfigure it according to the instructions. This version combines both Chatter and Runner into one Runner.jar, use WebMode to select the difference in config.yml. Please also read the common error list before posting.

There is currently a small bug in the gooey release in that the logout button doesn't work. Its fixed but I want to put it out tomorrow with a larger feature update.

15. Offline

chdsbd

How do you use console commands in the Gmail chat when I type in chat "stop or /stop" the command does not work.

16. Offline

AJCStriker

@chdsbd Have you set Web Mode to True in the config? Try that if not get back to me.

17. Offline

chdsbd

Yeah I have set the Web Mode to True and I can talk in chat and it will show up in-game but console commands do not seem to be working.

18. Offline

AJCStriker

@chdsbd
    I'll have a look and see what happens. Could you give me any more info? Does the GUI command sender work and what other plugins have you got running?

*EDIT*
    Having said the above, I will recompile it with the 1.8 sources soon. I think that may be the cause of the issue.

19. Offline

chdsbd

I do not use the GUI command sender and the plugins that I am using on my server are: AfkKick, Backup, Borderguard, ConsoleName, Duels, InvTools, LWC, Permissions, PluginControl, PluginList, PrivateWarp, Runner, SafeCreeper, SimpleJail, Essentials

20. Offline

AJCStriker

unfortunately, the new command sender is very broken. i don't understand the permission errors that are the root of it. I'm going to have to look into this and I can only do that on the weekend. Apologies

21. Offline

chdsbd

Well I guess I will just have to wait.

22. Offline

chaseoes

Code:
    22:00:30 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to Runner
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.blackhawkcrew.runner.xmppHandler.xmppSend(xmppHandler.java:66)
    at com.blackhawkcrew.runner.listeners.PlayerChat.onPlayerChat(PlayerChat.java:40)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:725)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:713)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:91)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

Any help?

23. Offline

AJCStriker

How?

Like genuinely why would you do that and not pm me?

24. Offline

DanteS

Heh..I will pm you.

25. Offline

AJCStriker

Thanks to MrNanoFusion for a new video. Thanks

26. Offline

CatMan8

Hey, will this work on dedicated hosts? (you know like not a local box?)
    I treied and it just threw errors,
    I would Love to get a better remote console then the cheap one my host has.

27. Offline

AJCStriker

This should definately support remote hosts as I use it on my multilayer server. Make sure you filled out the config.

28. Offline

CatMan8

it must be because I have bukkit 1240,
    I set up everything and it works with webmode, but the gooey is never able to ping or use any commands.

29. Offline

AJCStriker

I am away for the next week so will be unable to fix any bugs. As I'm now working on countercraft, ita hard to find a space for runner. Regardless I will try and patch it all up when I get back.

30. Offline

jespertheend

edit: ow.. works now, I'll leave this here just in case.

I've got the same problem as I4cDeath,
    it keeps saying: Error:Error Decoding Packet
    but I don't really understand what you mean with the WebMode.
    I've tried both true and false for WebMode, but it keeps saying it.

ow, and, my console also says this:
    Maybe it has something to do with my p

Can you talk with multiple people(accounts) on google talk?
    And can you add the ... logged in message (which could be configurable) in google talk?
    Because I want more people to chat without being logged in on minecraft.

31. Offline

jespertheend

Can make the message configurable. So, I can make web: <name>: <message>?