Filled Change Block Appearance

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by PhillyCheezsteak, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: Block Appearance

What I want: Have one block id look like another block id. For example say if I Want all enderchests to look like Grass blocks, in the config I would be able to do that.

Config example: (Config can also use data values/item ids)
    Blocks
    ID: ENDERCHEST
    Appearance: GRASS BLOCK (something like that)

I am also wanting this to be compatible with pressure plates.

Ideas for commands: None

Ideas for permissions: None

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can please.

Note: I am not 100% sure if this is possible without sprout. If it is not possible without sprout please tell me. If it is possible, I would also like it to override texture packs. So say if someone has a texture pack that shows all grass blocks look like Gummybears (example) and I had it set where all enderchests look like grass blocks. That enderchest would look like a Gummybear in that person's screen.

2. Offline

mrCookieSlime

PhillyCheezsteak
    If you only want the Blocks to look like another one in the World and not in the Inventory, then yes, it is possible.

timtower even made something similiar before with Rails hiding, just ask him, he might edit a bit of his Code to work with every Block (if he hasn't already)

3. mrCookieSlime that makes me so happy that it is possible. Yeah I want it to look like another one in the world. I am very excited now :D

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

PhillyCheezsteak Signature link, BlockHider, generates readme on start. Doesn't work like the config though, but it can hide any block ( by hand )

5. Offline

mrCookieSlime

However, I think he doesn't want to hide Blocks, he wants to disguise them. So you maybe need to change a bit of code if you have not implemented that feature yet.

6. Offline

I can hide all blocks as anything. Air, glass, water. You can hide your doors as enderchests if you want.

7. Yeah I would want to disguise them to look like another block, while keeping the function

8. Offline

My plugin does this, when you click the block they unhide though.

9. timtower Is there a permission to hide and unhide blocks? Also would it be hard to make it a config based layout?

10. Offline

Please read the "Readme.txt"
    It has all the information you need.

11. timtower I cannot find the plugin on the internet. I typed Bukkit BlockHider and the only two things that show up is a thread named BlockHider and the mini game BlockHunt. Can you please link me the plugin?

12. Offline

PhillyCheezsteak Like said:
    You can't find it anywhere else because it doesn't exist anywhere else.

13. timtower Hah sorry Tim I had a moment, I didn't know you meant the actual link in your signiture, but your plugin does not fully work for what I want it though. So I fully understand how at the moment it only works with rails. I was wondering if you can please tweak it so it will work like this

/HideBlockAll [Item ID] <material> ##### Will hide all items with the item id you selected and any connected piece on the same hight in the material that you selected.
    /HideBlockSingle [Item ID]<material> ##### Will do the same as HideBlockAll but only for 1 block
    /HideBlocksReveal [Item ID] ##### Will unhide all connected blocks with that specific item ID
    /HideBlocksRevealSingle [Item ID] ##### Will unhide the block that you are looking at

I also noticed that you cannot hide rails into tall grass 31:1 and 175:2. I was wondering if you can please fix that since I would want to hide multiple types of blocks including pressure plates. BTW this is probably one of the neatest plugins I have ever seen.

14. Offline

15. timtower Nice, this plugin is really amazing! Thank you so much!

timtower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.