Can't fly on my own server...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pixelbat, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pixelbat

I can't fly on my own server, and have no idea why. I have flying enabled on the server.properties. I'm using CJB to fly, instead of creative mode, because it's so slow. When I try to fly I get this error kicked to the console... "[WARNING] pixelbat moved too quickly!" and then I rubberband to the ground.

Using the latest 2325, and the following plugins: Essentials, dynmap, Multiverse, PermissionsEx, WorldEdit, and WorldGuard.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution? Never had this problem prior to 1.3.1.

2. Offline

Xmillsa

3. Offline

pixelbat

4. Offline

Mokeydwarf

Is Bukkit claiming that fly mods shouldn't work in vanilla? If so that's completely untrue. I have a Vanilla server and my fly mods work just fine. This is therefore a bug and should be fixed. Fly mods worked fine in 1.2.5 and should still work in 1.3.1. It would be very unfortunate if Bukkit lost support from a lot of the community over this one little problem.

5. Offline

bastion

I have gone back through the builds, the flight bug occurred with the changes at build 2303, build 2302 does not do do this.

For those of you with a problem you can revert back to build 2302 and it will not happen.

mmorton89 likes this.
  6. Offline

boduzapho

From what I understand this is NOT a bukkit issue, it is a MOJANG issue.

7. Offline

Xmillsa

This only happens with Bukkit servers, people have reported it working fine on vanilla servers.

8. Offline

Necrodoom

reports on minecraftwiki say else, it seems

9. Offline

bastion

Then why does build 2302 allow flying just fine and 2303 does not allow flying to work fine?

10. Offline

Xmillsa

Well... just tested it myself, flying on a vanilla server (downloaded from minecraft.net), I am able to fly without issue.

You're more than welcome to try yourself: play.xcraft.co.uk:25560 (Will be taken down later after prolonged testing.)
    Taken down, in my roughly 5 hours of testing, I was able to fly and hover for the entire duration without being pulled down once.

Note: I am not an OP, there are no server mods, just a plain minecraft server.

(If posting a link to a test/temp server is not allowed, I'm sorry and shall take it down if so.)

11. Offline

boduzapho

It is possible, but I have heard from a multitude of my players that it does it in single player too.

12. Offline

Xmillsa

I can fly in single player and vanilla servers fine. (Check my last post)

EDIT: I can quit while in the air, go back on, I'm still in the air, which means the server is logging my correct position in the air.
    Were as in bukkit servers, it always logs me as being on, or close to the ground.

13. Offline

boduzapho

Again great! But it is not what myself and others have seen.

14. Offline

Xmillsa

Sorry, ignore my ignorance, from what you originally said it sounded like you hadn't tested it yourself :p

Which mod do you use to fly?
    I'd like to test as many different combinations as possible, I'm more than happy to say it's a mojang issue, I just can't personally prove it at the moment.

15. Offline

boduzapho

Its okay man, and I have tries, Zombie, CJB and My own little fly plugin.. If this is truly a bukkit mess up, i will be altering bukkit when they get all the bugs worked out, to remove fly checking and rely on my own code, allowing fly mods to work.

16. Offline

pixelbat

For what it's worth... I played in single player today for about 45 min and not once had the issue. I could fly just fine using CJB.

17. Offline

Xmillsa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.