Question Cannot open port 25565

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jeron_, May 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jeron_

Okay. I am having an issue with connecting to my own server.

I have no error reports.

I am not using any Mods, or plugins of any kind.

I am running Windows 10 home.

I have an Asus Rog M16 with an Intel Core i9-11900H
    My GPU is a Nvidia RTX 3060 (Laptop)

I have 16GB of RAM.

My Minecraft is version 1.18.2

My Java is 18.0.1.1

Every time I start it up, and open my Minecraft Client, it says that it can't connect to server.

I have Port Forwarded my router with port 25565 on both UDP, and TCP.
    I have also restarted my router, and my computer after I added these settings to my router.

My server boots up just fine, and I have no error messages:

I have tried both the Bukkit Server, and the Minecraft.net Server files. Both give me the same issue.
    I have looked up many different tutorials on Youtube about this, and none of them have solved my problem. I have requested help from a few of these people who created the tutorials as well. I still have no solution.

I have opened up my server.properties file, and set my servers IP to "localhost" and this did not work. I have left this field blank as well. This did not change anything either. As you can see above, I have also set it to my IPv4 address. This does not seem to produce any positive results either.

I have added both UDP, and TCP port exceptions for Outgoing, and Incoming in my firewall.
    I also tested turning off my firewall completely.
    I have searched on Google many variations of: Cannot connect to bukkit server; Cant connect to my own minecraft server; bukkit server not connecting.

I have used the canyouseeme.org tool to check if the 25565 port is open, and it gives me this error:
    "I could not see your service on ------------ on port (25565)"
    Also, If it matters, I have an asus RT-AX56U router.

So somehow, after all of this, the port is still not open.

I have tried asking two of my friends who own their own Minecraft servers.
    Neither of them were able to help me with this.

Basically, what my question is:

How can I open the port 25565?
    I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me something that I missed that could rectify this issue.

If no one does know a solution to this, then does anyone possibly have an idea that might lead to a solution? Or where/who might I ask to get this problem solved?

2. Offline

DopeBrot

did you connect to localhost?
    if yes did you buy minecraft?
    if you did buy minecraft can you send us a log of your minecraft client and server of you trying to connect to the server

3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@DopeBrot Please also check the last time somebody was online.
    And NEVER suggest offline mode as it is against the rules here.

DopeBrot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.