BukkTuts - Awesome Plugin Tutorials

Discussion in 'Resources' started by drtshock, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Crafted Evil

Can you guys make videos on how to add World Edit into your plugin? That would be great!

2. Offline

drtshock

Yeah I could do that. I also like to use world guard ;) What specifically do you want to be able to do with world edit?

I was thinking of making a series on making a project from the very start to finish then a video on how to get your plugin approved on bukkitdev the first time. Making a project page for it at the end of the series. Thoughts on that? Any ideas what I could do the project on for the series? :)

3. Offline

Crafted Evil

I reckon that would be pretty good, and with the World Edit could you show things like how to make mini game arenas and such.

4. Offline

RyanTheLeach

A video on tying data to players, entities and items would be handy as well as a way to persist this data and only cache what is needed at the time.

5. Offline

drtshock

Like what type of data?

chaseoes likes this.
  6. Offline

RyanTheLeach

Well basically stuff that the Bukkit Persistence stuff can handle, I've not seen a good tutorial for bukkit Persistence yet, Sammy's was hard to understand and the resolution of the video was too small to read the text.

Basically strings ints and other java.lang types maybe lists sets and maps?

7. Offline

drtshock

RyanTheLeach that would just be a custom configuration tutorial. I can definitely do that :)

chaseoes likes this.
  8. Offline

RyanTheLeach

Don't large configs used for data get laggy? or at least that's what I've been told, thought you would have to cache online players or something.

9. Offline

drtshock

Configs are cached.. Unless you implement your own input and output streams. YamlConfigurations are saved in memory which is why you have to call a save method to save to disk :)

chaseoes likes this.
  10. Offline

Ultimate_n00b

Well, when you have a big config loaded it does start to hog the ram. Sadly, the config.yml file is constantly loaded in your main class. If you make a custom file and only load it when you need to, it won't hog as much ram. Though, it will take some time to process.

On that note, does anyone know if the configuration API is async?

11. Offline

drtshock

No, it is not.

chaseoes and Ultimate_n00b like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.