Bukkitdev Plugin Categories Unhelpful.

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by nmarshall23, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nmarshall23

I find that the Plugin Categories are unhelpful. Far too many plugins list themselves in as many categories as possible. This makes finding a plugins hard.

I would suggest taking a page from Delicious, and let users classify each plugin they like with their own tags. Then let us do searches on tags. Also list what tag is popular with that plugin just like Delicious.

2. Offline

BloodShura

I always think.. WHY THE HELL ARE COMMANDBIN IN WORLD GENERATORS SECTION?!

3. Offline

Sleaker

I think it has to do with the plugin approval process STILL being way too lenient. Not sure that adding tags will help too much, though some form of popularity display might help.

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

We don't have to reapprove a plugin when they decide "I want ALL THE TAGS" and if we did that'd really frustrate everyone while their projects were locked in approval waiting on a tag change. If you see a project incorrectly categorized let me know via PM here on on bukkitdev (same username, preferably on bukkitdev since that's where the tags are) and I can resolve mislabelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.