BukkitDev Packager and Git Repository?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by RedPoptarts, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RedPoptarts

I'm trying to get my BukkitDev project to automatically package my releases from my GitHub respository.

I have setup my repository link on BukkitDev, and tagged my master as "v0.01.00a"; on GitHub, set my project Package type to "Alpha, Beta, and Release".

However, after waiting a couple hours nothing has happened. The BukkitDev website provides very little information on this synchronization process, and what it does say seems to be specific to Curse.com / WoW addons. Asking around in #bukkitdev has been unfruitful as well. I was hoping someone here might know how this works.

Do I need to take my project out of 'experimental status' for the packager to work? Or have I missed some other important step?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks~ :D
    -RedPoptarts

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Maybe (don't know, only used with BukkitDev packager once) you have to add a post-URL option on your Github Repository. Find the URL somewhere (probably on your BukkitDev page) and paste it at github->YourProject->Admin->Notifications or something-> Post URL notifications

3. Offline

lukegb

The BukkitDev packager is designed for World of Warcraft addons, which are written in Lua and therefore only require zipping up. For Java projects, which require compilation and packaging into a jar, the process is slightly more complicated and is still being worked on, if it does appear.

Tl;dr: it won't work, you need to package your releases yourself.

4. Offline

RedPoptarts

My project happens to be a PHP script, not a JAR, so it only requires zipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.