BukkitDev Enhancements

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by joshwenke, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

joshwenke

A few small features could make BukkitDev even cooler.

1. Make plugin authors stand out on their own page.
    A new border or color or something on their own plugin page can help distinguish between who is the one answering questions and helping.

2. "Show x number of comments per page" option
    Since there's a lack of support for notifications, and you can't be notified when someone repliesd to a comment of yours, an option to show 100 comments per page compared to like 20 would allow for easier searching of all comments.

3. Automatic picture resizing
    On many plugin pages, the picture is too wide for the page. Instead of being resized to the container, it overflows and requires a person to scroll to see the whole picture. A picture should instead be scaled porportionally if it is too big.

4. A hidden/secret way to download un-approved files
    Due to the increasing plugin approval time, a hidden option in the Files tab that allows for someone to show unapproved files (with a warning message explaining the risks of unapproved stuff) would be super nice to have.

Anyone else think these might be helpful?

2. Offline

obnoxint

1. is being done by assigning project roles.
    2. I personally don't understand why 20 comments per page should not be enough. Comments can be converted into tickets. Tickets are easier to manage while dealing with a certain problem regarding the project.
    4. won't be happening. We are reviewing all files to ensure the security of all users and we don't want people to avoid the file approval process. Since the team just grew bigger the approval time will be (and actually already is) decreasing.

3. is indeed an annoyance when people are uploading large pictures. My advise is to scale pictures down before uploading them.

3. Offline

TnT

Plugin approval time has been decreasing, not increasing. This is not needed, and completely defeats the purpose of approving files, which is to keep the community safe.

drtshock likes this.
  4. Offline

lukegb

(also tagging obnoxint)

Do you have an example of this?

5. Offline

Deleted user

Factions.
    [​IMG]
    Proper image:
    [​IMG]

Browser: Chrome Version 24.0.1312.56 m (most up to date version)

6. Offline

TnT

ShootToMaim
    I find if you refresh the page when that happens, the pictures will scale. It automatically scales for me. I am also using Chrome/W7.

[​IMG]

XlegitXcrazymanX likes this.
  7. Offline

joshwenke

Here's an example on one of mine:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/swearingblocker/

Also, replying to comments in the Plain Text format causes a <<reply 18750293>> or something like that.

Edit: Refreshed the page, the main wide logo fixed itself, but the sponsor banner didn't resize.

Developers can still post a link to the unapproved file or guess the URL (which is very nice) but sometimes I'm waiting for a bugfix that an author updated, and it ends up being awhile before I get it. Meanwhile, I've bookmarked the page and wait for the update.

You get that so much I probably shouldn't even bug you about it. You're right, and I totally agree with you. Staff are truly doing a great job, and they're all volunteers.. so I people no reason to complain!
    Not a big deal, just an idea!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  8. Offline

lukegb

Made a small change to the CSS which should help images that are larger than they should be resize to fit (only in project descriptions though)

hawkfalcon and Deleted user like this.
  9. Offline

Deleted user

Weird, it's fixed now for me as well, auto-scaled itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.