BukkitDev Downloading/Updating Problem?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by emericask8ur, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

emericask8ur

Something with bukkit dev is wrong
    @Plague @MonsieurApple
    When ever I try to update my plugin on bukkit dev, I used Drop Box and it says "That files has already been uploaded" when It has not, its a new update, I changed the Name, Changelog to my new update "Sidekick v1.8.2" and then completed everything else but still it will not let me update
    Heres a video of it <---- Video

2. Offline

Phaedrus

I don't know the answer to your problem, but I've moved your thread to the bukkitdev forum so that it can be better seen.

emericask8ur likes this.
  3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I've gotten that error too, but only in a situation where I thought I was deleting something I wanted to, and then decided I wanted to re-upload.

4. Offline

lukegb

For some... Weird reason, all files are checked against md5s that already exist. Files with MD5s that are already uploaded cannot be reuploaded.

5. Offline

alexanderpas

it is not the weirdest thing to do, as this prevent duplicate files all over bukkitdev, and prevents the addition of old plugins that have been removed by their author.

Naturally, this is annoying when you have deleted a file you didn't want, but that is easily solved by Re-Packing the JAR

6. But as Drakia told us, that means that once we reach a couple trillion files, there'll be a 50% collision chance even with new files.

tips48 likes this.
  7. Offline

emericask8ur

So what do I do to upload it

8. Offline

ks07

Do something that would change the md5sum of your .jar - rebuild it, change something, its up to you :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.