Filled BowlDrop

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by adi0115, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: PvP

Minecraft version: 1.8

Suggested name:
    BowlDrop

What I want: Simple plugin that removes empty bowls from player's inventory after souping when the player has a sword with a specific name in the inventory that has been set in the config (with color code support)

Ideas for commands: No need

Ideas for permissions: No need

When I'd like it by: Tomorrow

2. Offline

KarimAKL

3. @KarimAKL I don't seem able to get it working, no errors in console nor when the player eats the stew from what I can see.

4. Offline

KarimAKL

@adi0115 A few questions:
    1. Does it work with 'Require-Item: false' in config.yml?
    2. Did you use the correct item id, data and name?
    The second question got me thinking that if you use a sword and the data (durability) is not the same it won't work, i'll have to fix that, does it need to be a specific sword (wood, stone, gold, iron, diamond)? If you just want a sword i can easily fix it, just need to know if it doesn't matter what kind of sword or it needs a specific sword before i do anything.

5. @KarimAKL
    1. Setting require-item to false in the config still doesn't work, players still eat soup and keep bowls in their inventory
    2. I didn't change the item ID, by default it's a diamond sword which is what I used
    3. The sword in question will be a diamond sword with a custom name, I don't want all diamond sword to have this ability, if you think it will be easier by removing the item ID from the config and just hard-coding for it to always be a diamond sword but still allow to set the name in the config, I'm fine with that since I don't plan to chagce the item since the default one is a diamond sword which is what I want to use.

6. Offline

KarimAKL

7. @KarimAKL Still doesn't seem working, I did delete the config so it can generate the new one. No errors in console, it says the plugin gets enabled just fine. At the moment when a player eats a soup with the sword in his inventory, nothing happens, what I expect to happen is if the player has the sword in his inventory/hotbar and eats soup, as soon he eats it, the empty bowl gets removed from his inventory.

8. Offline

KarimAKL

@adi0115 Hmm.. It works for me, are you sure the names are the exact same? Do you get any errors in the console?

9. @KarimAKL No errors in the console from what I can see, for your testing, are you using color codes or not?

10. Offline

KarimAKL

@adi0115 I tried making the plugin give me a diamond sword with the name from the config.yml and it worked for me. (i tried with and without colors)

11. @KarimAKL Very strange, I took some screenshots, so you can have a look, unless I'm doing something wrong that I can't see. Once again, no errors in console while loading or when I eat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The screenshot above shows I eat the soup and the bowl is still in my inventory.

12. Offline

KarimAKL

@adi0115 Looks correct, don't know why it doesn't work. :/ I just added a few messages and a 'debug-mode' option in the config, try download this new one and set 'debug-mode' to true and sent me all the messages you get after eating the soup. (just 1 soup, this might spam your console a little if you have a lot of items in your inventory)

New one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec9i7jsaougm4lw/BowlDrop.jar?dl=0

EDIT: You can send it using https://pastebin.com/ or something.

13. @KarimAKL Thanks, did as you said, I also took screenshots, I used the same name and color code as before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's everything that showed up in config after eating 1 soup
    https://pastebin.com/dgDWcuKg

14. Offline

KarimAKL

15. @KarimAKL Yep, that did the trick, the plugin now works the way I wanted to,
    Sorry about the troubles and thanks for filling this out :)

KarimAKL likes this.
  16. Offline

KarimAKL

@adi0115 No problem, just glad we fixed it. :) Thanks for cooperating.

17. @KarimAKL Hi again, so after running the plugin for few days on my server, I noticed few features that I completely overlooked when making the OP. Players are able to take bowls out of chests or drop them to the players with swords and they don't get removed, I totally overlooked this. Would it be possible if the plugin is able to scan players inventory for empty bowls aswell? I have a perk where certain players are able to right click soup which exchanges it for empty bowl and 2 hearts, this would also eliminate the issue if a player has the sword and the perk at the same time.

18. Offline

KarimAKL

@adi0115 If a player picks up a bowl or takes it from a chest would the item get removed or would they just not be able to pick it up (it would just stay on the ground) or take it from the chest (it would just stay in the chest)?

19. @KarimAKL The players are still allowed to pick up the bowls and take them from chests but when they do, they just get removed as soon it ends up in their inventory.

20. Offline

KarimAKL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.