Be sent to a website through a sign.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by elite823, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Offline

elite823

Suggested name: SignLink

A bit about me: I'm a Factions server owner, I find that with school, my server, friends, and some other things, I simply do not have the time to learn and apply Java to make plugins, so I'll offer some resources to get my ideas implemented into Minecraft.

What I want: I'd like to be able to place custom text on a sign that when clicked on, will take the clicker to a set website. The admin could place the sign, blank, and when looking at it would type a command to set the text on it, then another to set the link embedded in it. Useful for Donations, Forums, etc... (Color code support would be ideal for the text on the sign).

Ideas for commands:
    /signlink set [text]
    /signlink link [link]

Ideas for permissions:
    setsign.use

When I'd like it by: Within the next 2 weeks would be ideal, but do not feel pressed to rush.

Similar plugin requests: None that I have seen that are exclusively for this purpose.

Devs who might be interested in this:

2. Offline

Musaddict

Just an FYI, the link system is client side, so the best a bukkit programmer could do is to send the player a link via chat.

3. Offline

devinatkin

A text copy of the website could be done. You could have it send a large quantity of text sent to the player and have everything else done server side. Hmmmmmmm, could i do this mabye. Perhaps ill give that a shot, however it might not format properly.

4. Offline

elite823

Awesome, thanks, and if it has to send them a link to click on via chat, then that would be the second best option anyway.

5. Offline

devinatkin

Ok, i'm currently working on a tag plugin but ive done some looking into it and I should be able to get it done pretty soon. I think I can get enough time to get it done by Wednesday but I may be able to get a Alpha done by tommorow night.

6. Offline

r0306

Just a little heads up, there's already a plugin named SignLink so you might want to change the name.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-signlink-v1-23-show-text-on-signs-based-on-keys-2149.35021/

7. Offline

dillyg10

Look at fancytext, has this feature in it!