Filled Assign a new user in more than 1 group ...

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by InflamedSebi, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Offline

InflamedSebi

1st i'm usin pex and i dont want to change it ...
    2nd pex got an demote / promote option combined with rank ladders (example like bottom)

i use /pex [promote/demote] [ladder]

2. Offline

iFebo

You use this to change there group: /pex user <user> group set <group> [world]
    but if you want to add them to a group and have them as member and vip say, you would use: /pex user <user> group add <group> [world] [lifetime]

3. Offline

InflamedSebi

sure, but how do i get this automated ? every user should get group noob and group player if they enter the server for the 1st time ... but atm they just get the noob group ...

4. Offline

Konkz

Just add the same permissions to group Noob from 'Player'

5. Offline

InflamedSebi

but than the user is still only in 1 group ... but they need to be in both groups ..

6. Offline

Konkz

If you put the permissions from group 'Player' to group 'Noobs' than they are 'like' in 2 groups.
    They can do the same things, execute same commands etc.

7. Offline

InflamedSebi

but they have to be in 2 groups xD because the group 'player' has no permission notes ... only the option: rank-ladder: moderate and rank: '100' so if i promote him normal (/pex promote <user> he'll become Noob->Member->Vip but if i promote him with the tag (/pex promote <user> moderate ) he'll become player->mod->admin.

So he is in 2 different rank-ladders all the time, but i cant promote him on the moderate ladder, if he has no group from this ladder. so he needs to get 2 default groups with different rank-ladder options.

8. Offline

InflamedSebi

*Push* still no solution? already got a 3rd needed group...

9. Offline

kezz101

Fix: Use /pex user [player] group ADD [groupname]

Instead of setting the users group it will just add this too the list of groups

10. Offline

InflamedSebi

sure, but if i use this, i have to type this for every user on my server and i want to assing the groups by default like the ordinary "default" group.

11. Offline

kezz101

Inheritance?

12. Offline

InflamedSebi

didnt work ...
    atm Users need to be in 3 default groups to use all features:
    1. "nopvp"
    2. "member"
    3. "player"

The system is dynamic:
    1. Users can switch with /pvp and /nopvp the first group between pvp and nopvp (which will enable and disable the pvp system)
    2. the second group defines the build-rank-ladder so the group can be promoted to "worker" and "builder" so they earn more permissions to use /time or /give
    3. the last group defines the moderate-rank-ladder and player can be promoted to "User", "Vip", "Mod", "Adm" and earn more moderating permissions like /mute / kick /tp and so on ...

The Problem is, that every new user need to be in all 3 groups by default, but Im not online all the time to do '/pex user add group' and i can only set 1 group with 'default: true'.

How do I get the Server assign more than 1 (in my case 3) default groups.