Are there any world wrap or wraparound plugins for Bukkit?

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by kirbsrob, May 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kirbsrob

I am looking for plugin that does something similar to this: grid4.png

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@kirbsrob Think you need to have something that is also capable of generating the same world around the borders.
    Not sure if the current generation system is capable of doing that.

3. Offline

kirbsrob

You are probably right. You would have to use either a custom world generator or make a custom map yourself.

But as for generating chunks on the other side of the map directly in front of you, I think is possible.

The idea behind using region file borders is you could somehow copy the region file on the opposite side of the map in front of you. There would be far less code needed relatively speaking to copy region files compared to copying chunks within region files. Which is why I added a perlin noise in the background to represent the terrain. Notice it repeats once you walk on the edge, as well as the p2 and p4's view distance.

It doesn't matter so much that Minecraft terrain generation can't generate seamlessly. I can use a cusrtom built map or superflat for that, but the copying and translating of region files or chunks so you seamlessly teleport from one end of the map to the other when walking past the world's edge is what I am primarily interested in.

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.