Approval time + more staff

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by KingFaris10, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KingFaris10

I was just thinking it would be much better if Bukkit had a lot more staff. I've made and uploaded my plugins and I really hate it how it took minimum 1 and a quarter days just to approve it, I was quite angry.... and actually I mean more than quite. I'm sorry if this sounds rude or is stupid, but it's just the truth. So many people on my new project have been commenting "OMG where's the download" blah blah and I can't give it to them because Bukkit takes ages!

2. Offline

chris4315

Yeah I do agree with you.

3. Offline

crushh87

Patience is a virtue my friend.

Just sit back and relax, it's just a plugin you can wait a few days.

4. Offline

KingFaris10

5. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You have uploaded three files. This sort of action is precisely why the queue is so big. Please delete the two older files and just leave the latest one.

6. Offline

ZachBora

It's just a NEW kit plugin, you don't have any viewers yet. Those 13 comments are 5 people and you.

If you think this is a crysis, you won't last long...

firecopy likes this.
  7. Offline

crushh87

Done.

And I would also like to point out that you answered your own question on your plugin page

8. Offline

KingFaris10

They've all been approved, but the reason I had 3 files was because I HAD to upload 2 files as they come in a package, and then as it took 2 days to approve, I needed to make new updates :/

I know lol, that's why they need more staff...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  9. Offline

Zarius

KingFaris10 - whilst I do agree it would be nice to have more BukkitDev staff and reduce queue waiting times keep in mind that it's not easy to ensure you get the right staff. That's more work (reviewing applications, chatting with potential staff, training and monitoring to ensure the job is done correctly) that would slow down the queue - so you can't just put a heap of new staff on at once, slow and steady wins the race :)

drtshock and KingFaris10 like this.
  10. Offline

tanveergt5

You waited a day and got angry...?
    Wow that's just immature!

11. Offline

Zarius

tanveergt5 - it doesn't help to be insulting people. As a plugin dev myself, I can understand the frustration when you're wanting to get a new release out - but I do agree that this "anger" would be better directed toward more coding & just ignore any users who a demanding an instant release.

KingFaris10 - after the initial upload you wont get people complaining about wait time generally (as they already have a download to grab).

12. Offline

TheTrixsta

13. Offline

KingFaris10

lol I know this, It was just at that time that I couldn't wait till it got released.

14. Offline

joshwenke

A bit off-topic, are we actually allowed to post a link to the unapproved file?

15. Offline

lol768

No.

16. Offline

crushh87

17. Offline

zack6849

[​IMG]
    Your plugin is no more important than any other plugins in the queue.
    I realize it can be frustrating to wait, but all of the staff are volunteers, and i'm sure they
    try to help as often as possible. the only time I ever ask staff to get to my plugin asap is if something is severely broken to the point that it would be affecting servers a LOT. I'm sure if you were staff you wouldn't want to sit around all day checking code only to be yelled at for not getting to someone else's plugin fast enough, be a bit more considerate about this kind of stuff.
    edit: i just saw something that's quite appropriate in another thread:

Not only do they have to pick people for staff out of the submissions, but they need to take the time to train said staff too :p

18. Offline

KingFaris10

Read my comment on my plugin page. It's a bug that is stuck on 0 downloads. I need to report it to the admins because I know many people have downloaded it and they've all said they have. It just never updates for some reason. So don't go posting crap.

Now could someone please close this thread? All I wanted to say is that Bukkit needs more staff, end off. It's getting way too off-topic, and more of an argument, etc.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  19. Offline

np98765

Locked per request.

zack6849 and drtshock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.