anyone know of a thread that shows to make ur minecraft server ip a website name?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jsimmons6422, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jsimmons6422

hello i have my own server and looking to change over my minecraft server from the ip to a web site address. if anyone has a tutorial on this hat would be helpful the reason i whant to do this is b.c the fact my ip address keeps changing and its becoming a pain b.c that means people wont know the ip if it changes. and cause them to not connect.

2. Offline

Killburner

Try no-ip.com. Setup is easy, all you need to do is signup for an account, choose a hostname (like blah.no-ip.com), and then install a free utility that automatically updates your IP address as it changes.

3. Offline

jsimmons6422

o yea! i forgot all about no-ip. lol thx. but do ppl offten use that? and i would still like to know how to do it off of my own windows server 2003 or 2008.

4. Offline

waflija

I recommend dyndns.org. - a more "professional" service, but free for standard domains.

5. Offline

zipron

I use dyndns too, but I have an issue with it atm: since I cannot portforward ports wich are less then 1000 I use 8000 for my apache server. But dyndns doesn't allow your own ports for webservers. So that means that if you also want webaccess to your server you'll have to be able to portforward p80 or choose no-ip =)
    zip

6. Offline

Killburner

You should be able to do this with a Webhop and a redirect Zip. You can even cloak the destination port/url.

7. Offline

zipron

Only if I buy a dns, I use a free one :-P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.