Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by HariBearGB, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, I am new to plugin development and I want some suggestions that are easy but challenging for someone new like me.

I have tried looking at Plugin Requests but most of them are beyond my skill level.

So, what challenged you when you started Plugin Creation?

Thanks,
    HariBearGB.

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@HariBearGB
    Here's a few simple ones (sorting in order of complexity):
    1. A /fly command.
    2. Random teleports
    3. Chat prefixes/formatter
    4. A score-keeping system
    5. A gun plugin
    6. An Anti-Swear plugin
    7. A duel plugin.

HariBearGB likes this.
  3. Offline

Machine Maker

@HariBearGB
    I would add to @Zombie_Striker 's list a GUI plugin to learn inventory manipulation. Just make items run commands when you click them.

4. @X1machinemaker1X Nice idea thanks. I won't be able to do that with some of them on the list. Feel free to add more suggestions on to that list, this could help some other people as well ;p

5. Offline

Machine Maker

@HariBearGB
    For the score keeping plugin, try saving the data in a second configuration file.

6. Offline

Horsey

Follow along with this series, it shows a bunch of simple plugins, you can try to make by yourself.

It's how I learnt Bukkit :p

7. @Horsey I'm currently watching Pogostick29 to learn from, he's quite good ;p I'll definitely go to that one after as I see things I haven't learned yet.

8. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@HariBearGB Keep an eye on what you learn, there are a lot of tutorials out there that teach the wrong things like using public static, logging using the Minecraft logger, logging your own plugins.

HariBearGB likes this.
  9. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@HariBearGB Don't know, I knew Java before I started with Bukkit, Bukkit itself is self taught.

10. Offline

Machine Maker

@HariBearGB
    Also, if you have any questions about how can I do this, or is this possible, look through the Craftbukkit/Spigot Javadoc. It contains all the methods possible for each object. I use it all the time.

11. @X1machinemaker1X Thanks, I learned the ban line from there because all of the ban tutorials are out of date.

12. Offline

Horsey

@HariBearGB pogoatick29's tutorials are pretty old and may be outdated, the series I linked you to are pretty recent in comparison, so I suggest you use those.

HariBearGB likes this.
  13. Offline

Reflxction

There is a YouTuber called TheUndefinedVariable. His tutorials are up to date, he has a clear voice, and he explains everything to you in a good way. He helped me so much to start up. He only has 7 episodes, but trust me, you'll learn a lot from them. Feel free to check his channel at anytime:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIo0kvKMW8zvTSTd7G4ORJA

HariBearGB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.