Dev AdvancedAgriculture

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by mccrafter1212, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mccrafter1212

Hello! :)

I've begun work on a plugin called AdvancedAgriculture or AA for short. It's currently decently far into development. AA plans to completely change Minecraft farming mechanics within servers. My goal is to make farming as realistic as possible but at the same time add some features that will make farming much more worth the time and effort. I've laid out a small feature list below:

Seasons
    Seasons are a very, very, very important part of AA. Every 3 Minecraft days the seasons will cycle and any non-grown crops will immediately grow (or die out). There are 4 seasons (as in real life): Spring, Winter, Fall/Autumn, and Summer. Every crop has a list of seasons they can grow within. If a crop is growing within a season that isn't on their list the crop's chance of growing will drastically decrease. If a crop is growing within a season that is on their list the crop's chance of growing will drastically increase. This makes it a bit more difficult to farm crops in Minecraft although is a feature that I think will make game play more fun. There are loopholes to the season lists though which will be mentioned later on.

Modifiers
    This is a very important part of the plugin. Modifiers can do the following:
    - Increase the chance of a crop growing
    - Increase how many of an item a crop gives
    - Increase the chance of a crop replanting itself
    - Increase the chance of a crop mutating
    - Cause a crop to grow within any season
    Modifiers are not achieved easily though and must be earned by feeding in certain items into a multi-block structure known as a gene editor.

As you can see this plugin is definitely a plugin that's taken a while to make and a plugin that still has a long ways to go. Let me know about your opinions on AA :)

2. Offline

CraftCreeper6

@mccrafter1212
    I presume that the crop itself must also be put into the multi-block structure along-side the various other ingredience? All the ideas you gave are examples of mutations that can happen to plants and crops. So what would increasing the chance of a crop mutating do? Make it better or worse?

Great idea though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.