Inactive [ADMN/WEB] myBukkitAdmin v.9 Beta - Administer your Bukkit Server from the web *NEW INFO* [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DigitalTyrant, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Minecraft Server Manager - Full featured administration software for your Minecraft Server. Web Administration, Backup, Permissions, In-Game Commands and More!

Updated: 11/14/2011
    Version: v.9b [jar]
    CraftBukkit: [b1337jnks]
    Description:
    myBukkitAdmin adds the ability to view and modify your server and plugins via a website. This plugin is fast and easy to setup.​

Get updates on TWITTER!

myBukkitAdmin is still in a beta phase. Let me know if you have any issues let me know.

Installation and Usage information available at Mymchost.com
    Bukkit has requested that I stop receiving donations to allow the community to be a part of the beta, so as of today beta keys are no longer available. The cost to run this service is more than I can afford to bear on my own so if you would like to keep this service around and see v1.0 released please support this project by sending us a Donation

With the release of v.8b a file will be created called monitor.jar. This program monitors your bukkit server and restarts it if the server crashes or the /restart command is used. If you choose not to use the monitor program, you can disable the monitor by adding or changing the line within /plugins/myBukkitAdmin/config.yml to say
    Code:
    monitor: false

If you have a beta key:
    1. Goto http://www.mymchost.com/hosted/betajoin.php
    2. Create an account using your Beta key
    3. Check your e-mail for activation message
    4. Click Activation link, login using your username, password and activation code from e-mail
    5. Create a server by clicking "Add New Server"
    6. Type in Server details including a unique Privacy Key
    7. Download the latest version of myBukkitAdmin from the Account Page or Link above
    8. Install it on your server and start your server up
    9. Open config.yml in the plugins/myBukkitAdmin folder on your server
    10. Type in the Username you created to login to MyMcHost.com
    11. Type in the Privacy Key you created for this server
    12. Reload your server
    13. Win!
    If I missed anything or if these instructions didn't work for you, please let me know so I can adjust accordingly. The installation instructions @ MyMcHost.com will be undergoing some reformatting soon, hopefully this helps until then.

[​IMG]

Thanks and Enjoy!

2. Offline

Michael_Lee

I don't know if anyone recommended this, but it'd be awesome to be able to give access to this control panel to other users and also define what each user has access to. For example, I'd give my GMs the access to only restart the server, give my Lead GMs access to restart and view the console, and give my Administrators access to everything.

3. Offline

DigitalTyrant

It is something I have been considering. It is probably a feature that will be implemented with the Community Portal.

4. Offline

Coda12

Server does not commands on ...
    what can i do?

please Help!
    Code:
    17:37:17 [INFO] [myBukkitAdmin] Received command: tell testuser test
    >
    17:37:18 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-61"
    >
    17:37:18 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: console
    >
    17:37:18 [SEVERE]       at net.codej.mybukkitadmin.mBACommandExecutor.run(mBACommandExecutor.java:65)
    >
    17:39:23 [INFO] [myBukkitAdmin] Received command: say hhh
    >
    17:39:24 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-87"
    >
    17:39:24 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: console
    >
    17:39:24 [SEVERE]       at net.codej.mybukkitadmin.mBACommandExecutor.run(mBACommandExecutor.java:65)
    >
    17:39:51 [INFO] [myBukkitAdmin] Received command: give testuser 278 1
    >
    17:39:52 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-96"
    >
    17:39:52 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: console
    >
    17:39:52 [SEVERE]       at net.codej.mybukkitadmin.mBACommandExecutor.run(mBACommandExecutor.java:65)

5. Offline

djlandmand1

I donated when will i get my key?

6. Offline

DigitalTyrant

What version of Bukkit are you using?

7. Offline

Coda12

Build #1240

8. Offline

DigitalTyrant

What version of myBukkitAdmin?

9. Offline

Coda12

ah sry..
    myBukkitAdmin
    Version .7b
    by your side

10. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Ah, yea, if you grab .7.5b it should start working again. I will create some sort of compatibility chart sometime to hopefully alleviate any confusion between Bukkit versions and myBukkitAdmin versions.

11. Offline

mesud18

does this somewhat make your server 24/7?

12. Offline

DigitalTyrant

It allows you to remotely monitor your server 24/7

13. Offline

nabakin

Hey I'm reporting a bug. After all my plugins have loaded and about 20 seconds I get this error:

07:07:04 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Timer-4"
    07:07:04 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    07:07:04 [SEVERE] at net.codej.mybukkitadmin.mBAPluginHandler.prepVariables(mBAPluginHandler.java:187)
    07:07:04 [SEVERE] at net.codej.mybukkitadmin.mBAPluginHandler.<init>(mBAPluginHandler.java:65)
    07:07:04 [SEVERE] at net.codej.mybukkitadmin.myBukkitAdmin$1.run(myBukkitAdmin.java:406)
    07:07:04 [SEVERE] at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    07:07:04 [SEVERE] at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm not exactly sure what this error stops the plugin from doing because I've still been able to use the website to control my server but I just wanted to let you know.

Plugins Running:
    mybukkitadmin (of course!)
    permissions
    permissionsplus
    pail
    Alerter
    chatcensor
    commandhelper
    craftbukkituptodate
    essentials
    essentialschat
    essentialsprotect
    essentialsspawn
    help (version 3.x)
    mcbans
    minebackup
    mothernature
    multiverse-core
    openinv
    p2aliases
    raddamap
    scrollingmenusign
    textplayer
    updateinfo
    worldedit

14. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Thank you, I will do some testing with this and hopefully find the cause and fix in upcoming v.8b

15. Offline

nabakin

Great! I hope I helped!

also where it says Timer-4 it sometimes shows Timer-3 or -8 It seems like it changes the number every now and then.

16. Offline

Jozeth

A bit, pointless tbh, paying for a plugin i only donate to a plugin if i've messed around with it and always update; too keep it

17. Offline

DigitalTyrant

In v.8b when I release it, the Timers are replaced. Still investigating what caused the exception though. The Timer-# is generated dynamically so really it's all still the same plugin causing the error, just being handled in different order it sounds like.

18. Offline

ChrisX930

you're get a donation, I'll waiting for the beta-key^^

Wow D:
    Thank you Josh, I've recieved the beta key after 10minutes :-D

19. Offline

DigitalTyrant

You're welcome :-D I try to get them out as fast as possible. Sometimes they come while I'm sleeping though. Unfortunately those guys have to wait a long time haha

ChrisX930 likes this.
  20. Offline

nabakin

Ok thanks for the help!

21. Offline

DigitalTyrant

- Added Command Scheduler
    - Improved Communication Performance
    - Added Backup Commands
    - Added Server Monitor
    - Added /restart command in-game and online interface
    - Added Server Restart alert
    - Tested for RB1337

:-D Enjoy. v.9b underway now!

22. Offline

dxwarlock

I browsed through the thread, but didn't see anything like what I was wonder (I may have missed it)

my current host I have i love, after try 3-4 of them, but their MC interface and console view is horrible. this works just as a plugin correct? as on my host I can change my bukkit and plugins via FTP as much a I want, but a wrapper/loader/frontend I cant, because the launch script is under their control, will this work well with it?. if so, this seems exactly what I need.

23. Offline

DigitalTyrant

I cannot be certain that it will work 100% no. In theory, this is just a plugin, not a wrapper, so it shouldn't conflict at all. All of the communication is done over http as well so there are no special ports that need to be open.

I forgot to mention that with v.8b a file will be created called monitor.jar. This program monitors your bukkit server and restarts it if the server crashes or the /restart command is used. If you choose not to use the monitor program, you can disable the monitor by adding or changing the line within /plugins/myBukkitAdmin/config.yml to say
    Code:
    monitor: false
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  24. Offline

dxwarlock

how does it do the restart? does it call a bat/sh file or the bukkit jar type of restart?

just considering the options I could use, as I'm not entirely sure how the host starts the VPS and bukkit on my end. the startup script, and such are unable to be seen by me. (as they have to block it to users, so they dont rent a 2g server ,and just edit the startup to give them all 16g on the machine).

25. Offline

DigitalTyrant

On your host, I would disable the monitor.jar in the config.yml file. I'm sure they have procedures in place to ensure the servers stay up.

26. Offline

dxwarlock

they do, kinda, but its a huge delay :)

no worries, wasnt a selling point of it, more of the console and stats was more what I was after..got it setup, seems promising so far!

27. Offline

DigitalTyrant

Awesome, let me know if you have any issues

28. Offline

jespertheend

What?! This coasts money?
    :'(

<-----look I changed my profile picture

29. Offline

dxwarlock

2 bucks, even if it was free, Id donate more than that. any plugin that makes my server what it is..i donate to.
    there has been a few threads between old hmod and here about charging for plugins.

but its 2 bucks minimum. I spend more on the soda I'm drinking while setting the plugin up. :p

30. Offline

DigitalTyrant

It's actually free. The beta which started out as an open beta, is now a closed beta which requires a donation to join. When v1.0 is released, admins will be able to create accounts and use the plugin for free with advanced options available for subscription.

31. Offline

jespertheend

Well, in tha case:
    <---I'm happy again :p
    Eeerrrrrr..... It should be a smiley face now...