[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. No idea mate, all I do is try and help and just get it thrown back in my face. You get the cool people, and then you dont, ive learnt to deal with it.

3. Offline

jorisk322

@lmc
    About the inventory being full: You could add something that when a player's inventory is full, he will get a message every time he logs in to your server, that his inventory was full when he bought the package. They would then have to type /buy claim, but only when they had their inventory full.
    Also, for a long time I thought your avatar was a mosquito.

4. What I will be doing, is on the page where the user gets redirected after purchase, I will mention that to make sure your inventory is empty. I will also look into adding some checks to prevent this from happening also. And yea, a few people have commented on my avatar profile :p

5. Offline

patey

the 2 users who just tested it for me told me it went away with the chat, and it did for me just then,but that part may be my chat handler

even if it doesnt move with the chat, the users on my server don't like the idea- buying something with real money shouldnt be done within a game as the main method.

playing tf2, do you buy a hat in the game with your paypal account?
    in wow, do you type /buy latestexpansion ?

the free version should at least include a way to set it up with your own webserver. a premium version includes benefits, not necessities.

400 would be 800 XD

i already know i'm not the only person who doesnt like how it works, cause i just found a chat room where they're redesigning your plugin :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  6. Congratulations! I feel so much better now you wont be using Buycraft! :)

7. Offline

patey

and that there is why your plugin isn't as good as it could be.

8. What, because your causing issues? I listened to your questions, helped them to the best I could and now your advertising other systems. It really dosent have any reflect on why "it isnt as good as it could be". I feel like giving you premium for free just to shut you up. I bet you havent even installed Buycraft yet, you cant even comment on how it works.

9. Offline

tom

Honestly dude. What is your problem? @lmc kindly designed and HOST'S this plugin for the bukkit community and you create a shit storm on this thread because you think it's to difficult for your users to use? Yes I agree that it may be a bit too complex, but as a good server owner, i give my users a tutorial on how to use BuyCraft. And you complain THAT HE WONT HOST A WEBSTORE FOR FREE FOR YOU? haha. What about you gtfo of the thread and create a shitstorm on the SDK gun mods thread on minecraft forums.

10. Offline

jorisk322

@lmc I'm not really sure if I am going to use this, but I bought premium anyways, because the idea is awesome, I want to test the online web-store and I have all this useless money just sitting in my Paypal account :p

11. Thank you for the support. At least someone is out there for me

Thank you :) Hope you enjoy the plugin if you use it

12. Offline

SwearWord

@patey
    These threads are to get support, not to discuss the merits of each plugin. It's difficult for users actually looking for help to find it when the thread is full of irrelevant posts.

13. Thanks for coming here. Could you please block patey from commenting in this thread, he is flaming me up and spamming the thread. Thanks.

tom likes this.
  14. Offline

patey

i can easily create my own webstore and host it. the issue is there is no means to do so supplied with it.
    read more about a subject before you decide to make useless input.

doesn't matter. found something better, i wont bother with this topic.

15. Thank goodness for that. And @tom is actually a regular poster in this thread, he hasnt made useless input at all

16. Offline

tom

Cya later. You can create your own webstore and host it?

I went over your posts, and you were looking for a plugin that can do it. Why look for one when you can just make one?

17. Ok guys no more of this please. Its over, and im going to bed.
    Thanks for the support @tom.

Alot of people like to make there own buttons and link them to where the buy now buttons on the webstore go to. This is the best way IMO.

I'm about to go now and don't have time, sorry. Ask jorisk above thus post or wait for me to get back to you

You sHould still be able to setup. Not that much has changed.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2019
  18. Offline

tom

Good night.

And great plugin.

19. Offline

Ross Gosling

@lmc Great plugin, very useful for buying permissions nodes etc

20. Thanks!

21. Offline

jorisk322

@lmc I am currently trying out the web-store. Is there some way to make the store fit better in my website design? Because in my design I have limited width, so when I use an iframe, I don't see the whole page and a scroll-bar appears.

22. Offline

Stortcraft

Hi I'm proberly being stupid here but how do I create my own webstore so I can intergrate into my website please could you explain and I pretty sure it will help others.
    Thanks
    -Max

23. Offline

Stortcraft

Kk I'll wait for ur reply :) thanks also when it works great plugIn

Also how do you get donations with out having premium ( sorry I'm proberly being enoying)

24. Offline

RustyDagger

@Stortcraft your users can use ingame commands to view the shop pick out what they want and then they are given a link to a webpage in chat they goto the link pay and then the server hands out what ever you have setup for them to buy.

Premium enables the webstore where they can do the whole lot from the webpage view pick buy >ingame get.
    It also supports LMC and removes all the ads from the shop page.

25. Offline

KingnOrse

I think the video @ buycraft.com is outdated? For the part where you setup paypal with BuyCraft, I don't have the button that the video does, and several of the forms on the website are different than the video.

26. We are waiting for a new video to be made

27. Offline

KingnOrse

How long do you think that'll be? I am really looking forward to using this plugin. :)

28. Offline

jorisk322

@lmc
    OK, I will give that a try. Thanks!
    I read a few pages back, and I read something about an editable design for your store. Is this something on your todo list? (Do you have a visible todo list?) And if so, would that allow us to change the page size, so it fits your own websites design? That would be awesome.

EDIT:
    Will you ever add a way for users to subscribe to a package via Paypal subscriptions? So the package expiry command is executed when a user stops his subscription. Or is this to hard to implement?

29. Offline

Sprunkas

Maybe can you create it and for webtopay.com?

30. Offline

Samkio

Going to do it tommorrow. :)

31. Thats awesome! Cheers mate!

Samkio likes this.