[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. Offline

Starrk

I know this is a bit luxury request but is it possible to add pictures to the Web-Store for premium users or regular users? Maybe an organization page for the webstore? That would be fantastic! Thanks!

3. Offline

AndyFox42

For some reason, this plugin abruptly stopped working for me after weeks of normal operation. I didn't change anything. Now, on server boot up, it tells me that no API secret matches the one in my config. I double checked and it is listed correctly in my config. I even generated a new API secret on the buycraft site and pasted that new one into my config. Same error. I have the latest version (2.7) abd the latest RB of CB. What gives?

4. Offline

BlancoLanda

With the latest update of Buycraft, the config file stopped being located in a folder. It's now a yaml file called buycraft.yml. That's the file you must update with your API secret key. If you don't see it, delete the old Buycraft folder, redownload the latest .jar and try to see if it generates the buycraft.yml at "plugins" folder. (not at any BuyCraft folder)

5. Offline

RustyDagger

Dam it BlancoLanda u ninja :/

Not like I cant afford the premium I was the 1 that suggested the whole console command system idea. that in its self should be worth some reward :D but i'm still going to pay for premium :D cause I know I can make it back in just 1 VIP payment :D

@lmc after looking at the webstore I realized that there is room for human error in the system on the part of use user that could in fact mistype their own minecraft name for permission plugins capitals count thus errors could accidentally be made.

To reduce the possibility of an error happening I propose a small change or option that the server owner can set to switch to this system.

user clicks the buy button is then taken to a form the form then asks the user to set a password ( or gives them a short 6 char Unique id ) once the paypal side of things is done the password or unique id is enabled and the user can join the server and type /buy claim <pass or id>

this way the plugin can fetch the users name at the time of the /buy claim command. and it should result in less issues.

for now could you please add a notice to the page to let users know that capitals matter.

you may in fact have a way to already make this full proof in place if so I would love to know how. I guess you could compare what they put on the website with who used the claim command. with that logic the page on the store would be pretty much un-needed.

On another note the shop page its self could use some room. I find the description to be more of a title and not a place where a detailed list of what the user is getting should be placed. A more info button after the title would be nice. Rename the current description box to title and add another larger multiline box for the description. I think it would result in more sales for the server owner because the user is more sure of what they are getting.

Example I could make a package called diamond tool set the user may wonder dose that include the hoe? the more info button could be used to stop users wondering and give them all the fact's.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  6. Offline

BlancoLanda

Ninja? :O, why you say that? XD

About your suggestions, they both are nice. IDK if you announced but @lmc went on holidays, so you must wait to the friday to get his reply :S

7. Offline

RustyDagger

ninja because i was going to help the other guy and yes i knew he was away but decided it was best to type up the ideas when i came up with them :D

Stortcraft likes this.
  8. Offline

KraaZe

Anyone need help with this while the creator is away? Feel free to hit me up with a pm.

9. Offline

AndyFox42

Thanks for your help, my issue is now resolved :)

10. Offline

BlancoLanda

No problem... hope u enjoy the plugin ^^

11. Offline

KRN

Hi. I installed buycraft and can't get it to work. My paypal account is premier and verified, and it has IPN enabled with the correct URL http://buycraft.net/ipn/call/package, and the buycraft API Key is installed in my server's /plugins/buycraft.yml. If someone does a /buy, they transfer the money to me, but no IPN is issued. Paypal shows no messages in the IPN history, so it looks like it isn't even trying to call buycraft.net.

Any suggestions what to try? Any variations, or tests to run?

Thanks

12. Offline

BlancoLanda

I don't know anything about this issue... tomorrow @lmc will be here back and will be able to help you. Also, 2.7 version of Buycraft only works with 1317. We will have to wait to @lmc to come back to update this :)

13. Offline

semibreve42

I'm now getting this error on startup -

Buycraft was previously working, I made no changes...

Code:
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE] org.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1]
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE]    at org.json.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONTokener.java:432)
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE]    at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:185)
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE]    at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:312)
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE]    at net.buycraft.api.Api.call(Api.java:46)
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE]    at net.buycraft.ExpiryChecker.run(ExpiryChecker.java:37)
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-1244"
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-10-20 11:56:38 [SEVERE]    at net.buycraft.ExpiryChecker.run(ExpiryChecker.java:41)
    Anyone else getting this? I'm still on 1240, maybe that's my issue?

14. Offline

Parrothead

Try updating to the latest build this plugin supports (1317). If that doesn't work, try updating the Buycraft plugin.

15. Offline

BlancoLanda

Are you using Buycraft 2.6 or 2.7 on CB RB 1240? Please announce the latest Buycraft version is only for 1317. You can visit the BuyCraft download page (with info about downloads and versions) here . Anyways, I always recommend you to switch to the latest version of CraftBukkit and BuyCraft, that would work for sure!!

If you need to contact the plugin developer, please keep in mind tomorrow he will be back and he'll be able to help you!

16. Offline

Yuk0n_

hi im trying to get this for my new server where do i downnload it? thanks

17. Offline

Parrothead

For the installation part, I recommend viewing the videos in the original post on how to install it, and the general overview.

To download the actual plugin, go to http://server.buycraft.net/, and make an account. Log in, and then you'll be able to see the "Download" category at the top. Place it in your /plugins folder in your server folder. Make sure to follow the other steps outlined in the video to make sure it works 100%, and remember to use at least bukkit 1317.

18. Hey guys in currently on my way home and will be on in around 9 hours. in really surprised with how much people have helped out and ill make sure to reward them when i get back.

19. Offline

Viperdream

Hello

I try to add the secret key to the buycraft.yml file. But it keeps saying it can't find the key

This is what the console says:
    Code:
    2011-10-21 06:32:52 [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------

2011-10-21 06:32:52 [INFO] |  Could not find an account with the given API secret!  |

2011-10-21 06:32:52 [INFO] |Please enter your API secret in the settings file!|

2011-10-21 06:32:52 [INFO] |  Buycraft will not be enabled until you do so!|

2011-10-21 06:32:52 [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------

I have the latest version of bukkit and the latest version of this plugin. Any help would be appreciated!

20. Offline

BlancoLanda

I'm not sure if BuyCraft is compatible with the latest bukkit RB (1337), are you sure that the buycraft.yml you are editing is correct? (It should be alone at /plugins folder, not at any /buycraft folder). If you are doing it OK, do it:

1. Stop the server and delete all the Buycraft related files. (buycraft.jar and buycraft.yml)
    2. Reset your API key at BuyCraft server panel (http://www.buycraft.net/), in the case it's bugged or something.
    3. Redownload the latest BuyCraft version at the buycraft website, in the "Downloads" section. Set the .jar in the /plugins folder and start the server
    4. It will generate a Buycraft.yml in the /plugins folder, so stop the server, open it and edit it with your API secret key. After you have done it, START THE SERVER AND CHECK IF IT WORKS!

NOTE: I'm using Buycraft 2.7 with CraftBukkit RB 1337, and it's starting without any problems... Anyway, @lmc will probably update the plugin to the latest RB when he has time... ;)

21. Offline

King_KYl3

Hey Love this plugin amazing :D but can you add that the webstore works in your website without goign to diff page would be epic if you do this ill deff get Premium :D

22. Offline

BlancoLanda

He won't do that. Anyway, (I THINK) you can make your own store in your website linking the "buy" button with the packages in your webstore... ;)

23. Offline

King_KYl3

Hm its okay i understand but just a good idea for Premium members :)

24. Offline

BlancoLanda

It's OK, but not that easy to do... Anyway he'll connect soon and tell you :)

25. Offline

King_KYl3

Yer i understand being a plugin maker isnt easy :D

26. Offline

NiliusJulius

Is anyone having an idea why BOSEconomy won't show me my money anymore when I also run buycraft on the server? BOSEconomy still works, but (I don't know about the other commands) /ec doesn't work anymore.
    I don't have this problem when running on my own pc, but when I upload the files to the server it does this.

Using CB 1337 and newest version of Buycraft

27. Offline

BlancoLanda

BuyCraft uses the /ec (/enablechat) command when using (/buy) cmd... At the moment buycraft isn't compatible with BOSEeco because of that. I think @lmc will try to change that when he gets ON again ;)

28. Offline

NiliusJulius

Thanks :) I also just found the posts discussing this a few pages back.
    It really isn't such a big deal, it is just that people will now have to type /econ instead of /ec xD

29. Right guys im back, @BlancoLanda send me your buycraft email and ill give you premium as you have been pritty much fantastic while ive been away!

Guys I will respond to all your enquires throughout the evening because im still recovering and getting back into the normal routine as ive just had a 5 day sailing vacation what has worn me out completely!

30. Offline

BlancoLanda

Oh that made my day! ^^, now I'll try to help people often (with questions I can solve, of course), because there are lots of replies everyday and I think you have too much work here :)

Oh and the e-mail I'm using with Buycraft is [email protected]

31. Thanks, appreciate it, given you premium!