[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. Is the current buycraft version (1060) version with the 1085?

3. Offline

mrgreaper

seems to be (1185) but no donations in weeks so not sure fully

4. Offline

Spxify

Does this support 1.8 RB 1185 yet? My console says it's outdated, but I downloaded the latest download. If not, when will it?

5. Offline

I got to page 8 in 1 hour so i'm saving the other 20 for a rainy day :p
    Also awesome plugin but very hard to find, been searching for weeks for something like this and i only found it from a comment on another thread.

Aaaaanyway.. What is wrong with somebody entering a fake username? Wont they just end up not getting their items and then feeling like total divs for giving their items to somebody else.
    I am sorry if this has already been answered as to what other problem fake users could cause or if this has even already been implemented as i said, i am on page 8, will read others later *promise* :)

6. Offline

novakat77

Idea: Could you make it so that if the server has groups setup on it that only certain groups can see only certain packages.

IE
    Groups:
    basic
    mod
    admin

in the buycraft settings file:
    Code:
    groups:
        basic:
            packages:
                - standard
                - donor
        mod:
            packages:
                - standard
                - moddonor
        admin:
            packages:
                - standard
                - admindonor

this way it incourages even mods and admins to donate for some extra special privlidges just for their group and so it is easier to create groups that when setting up packages doesn't allow someone to purchase lets say the admindonor package when they are not an admin.

7. Offline

Machete.Panda

Looks kewl...

lmc,
    Do my donors go to your buycraft site each time? Or is it a link to a page on my site, that wasnt exactly clear in the video(or I missed it).

Also, Im in the states where the word buy means I'm obligated to support the digital items they receive and also obligated to refund them if they dont follow thru with the "/buy claim" portion(delivery of catalog and internet goods is the responsibility of the seller), and if the server lacks funds I would have to take it down and cant give them access to what ever they buy. So ideally, I would like to be able to change the /buy command to /donate (and /donate claim). Is it possible to do this?
    Cheers,
    ~MP

8. Offline

novakat77

when a user buys something they goto the buycraft site not yours.

as for the /buy /donate question you can go into the plugins\buycraft\settings.yml and change where it says command: buy to command: donate so that the users use the command /donate instead.

9. Offline

Machete.Panda

Awesome... thanks!

10. Offline

With regards to my post, the problem with it being in game is the user has to copy the url with might put off some people? Is it possible that the url could contain the server name? or their username so it is like buycraft.net/1101001/order?168 or whatever sytax would be easier.

11. Offline

waralot

Can you add other payment options like advertisement?
    sorry for my crappy english but thats how I roll ;D

12. I dont get what you meen

No way round it im afraid, also on your other post, the reason this thread is hard to find cause no one really posts in it, so it just gets bogged down to bottom of list.

13. Offline

mrgreaper

can you add a forgot password function (chrome renembers it but i dont lol)

on the website

thanks in advance

14. Offline

Ok, i guess people who can be bothered to donate can be bothered to type in a url.

Also, another suggestion would be to implement a feature where you give away permissions or items for votes from the same interface as buying through paypal. However thinking about it this seems like it will be very compicated and cause problems.

15. Its defeating the idea of buycraft :)

16. Offline

What is the idea of buycraft?

17. To enable a way for server owners to generate cash to pay for servers. Paying via advertisements wouldnt generate cash

18. Offline

mrgreaper

sorry to shamelessly bump but i could really do with a forgot password button

19. Offline

tommygoesha

is this dead? cause i see no download link and some people commented on the bukkitdev about issues not being answered =\, and concerning money and stuff like that id like this to be 100% working >.< plus it says only 1060

20. Offline

novakat77

The download for it is on the buycraft site it's self after signing up with them. as for the concerns I cannot say as i have not read any of them. could you pm me a link to these concerns?

21. Offline

tommygoesha

Its on the Bukkitdevs, Im not saying this IS dead im just wondering before using and investing time into it.

22. Guys i promise ill do it after school. sorry for he waitIng the service still works find with server owners getting loads of donations

Guys im having problems getting the console to execute commands in 1085, anyone know the new method to execute console commands?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  23. Offline

Supertt007

Any chance to install buy craft on my website so my players can purchase directly from my website? (willing to donate)

24. Offline

mrgreaper

@lmc
    FORGIVE THE CAPITIALS BUT YOU HAVE MISSED MY POST FOR 3 DAYS NOW

please add a forgot password button to the buycraft site. im a premium member i dont want to make a new account and re-pay premium (specialy since i have made less in donations then premium cost!)

please please please fix this rather major error!

25. Offline

madhatterzz

also whens the plugin gonna get updated to 1185?

26. Offline

registered

could u please post the link to the "payment agreement" site u have to check before buying?

would be nice, i'd like to read it.
    (i've checked the buycraft site, but couldnt find it.)

thx

27. No, sorry

Im currently doing it, bukkit has changed alot of things what buycraft requires to run upon.

http://buycraft.net/info/agreement

PM me and we can talk from there

28. Offline

madhatterzz

okay thank you for getting back to me so quickly , i love the mod and think its very hand plus very good for the server , makes an admins job alot eaiser

29. No prob

30. Offline

madhatterzz

just please update as soon as you can , i know ya worked hard to make this awsome plugin!

31. Like i said, im currently working on trying to figure something out, then i will