[ADMN/SEC/WEB] HawkEye [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by oliverw92, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

oliverw92

sethgandy, phimt, matan7890 and 7 others like this.
  2. Offline

Jonchun

I was thinking about switching back to Bb but I'll try this first :)

3. Offline

oliverw92

May I ask why?

4. Offline

68x

Huzzah! There is no turning back to BigBrother!

Raqn and oliverw92 like this.
  5. Offline

Jonchun

Well the web interface wouldn't work no matter war I did. No errors. Just the "loading message over and over. Also, I was having problems with the hawkeye tool and rollbacking wasn't working properly. I didn't even get errors. It just didn't work.

6. Offline

oliverw92

I thought I asked you to send me a link to your web interface? Try turning 'logQueries' to false in config.php. Tool is now fixed

Any of the 14 people who just downloaded v1.0.3, you may need to redownload. I uploaded the wrong build as that. It will work fine except there is a small bug in the tool in the dev version.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  7. Offline

Sayshal

You sir, are amazing. Good luck on that exam. :)

8. Offline

Raqn

@oliverw92

I have always wanted a feature where people can watch players for suspicious block edits, as defined within a config.

So say I watch Mr.Griefrocks125

With Low Priority, I am alerted as soon as I am online if he breaks any valuble blocks (again, defined in a config, Diamond, Gold, Iron, Chests ect. These can be defined by the admin)

With High it would be if he breaks over X blocks within a certain radius and period of time that were placed by another player. The radius would be defined in the config and would be from the first block broke by this player.

With Medium it may be the case that if he breaks over X blocks by another player, again, I am alerted as soon as I am online.

I know it would be a huge load of work when you have bugs to fix, but in the future this would be a really nice feature I would love to see implemented.

9. Offline

oliverw92

This would be the job of another plugin really. I have an API that is there ready for plugins to use that allows them to retrieve data.

10. Offline

Raqn

Well, bigbrother had something like this where you could theoretically watch and unwatch players. From what I have learnt, it was a feature that never really got implemented at all, the only thing it was useful for is admins who didnt want there edits to be watched as they could unwatch themselves.

I mean, I have saw the API and its possible it could be done with another plugin, but it would be a really useful feature if it was implemented in. I'm not saying it should be done anytime soon, like I have said, there are probably more important things at the moment, but it would be something a lot of admins would like.

11. Offline

oliverw92

It would actually be limited if I built it into HawkEye - that kind of plugin needs its own structure and layout. Trying to mash it into HawkEye would probably results in a sub-par plugin on both accounts. It might be something I look into once we are in September and I have all the features I want implemented in HawkEye

12. Offline

Sayshal

I can see a name now..
    HawkEye Stalker

13. Offline

Raqn

Could you give us some ideas of the features that you want to implement?

14. Offline

but2002

Actually you're wrong. BigBrother was never going to have that feature. "Watched" and "Unwatched" players were only players that would have their actions logged. HawkEye just watches everything regardless.

15. Offline

oliverw92

16. Offline

Retricide

I'm having problem with the web interface, on CentOS x64.
    I'm getting this:
    Code:
     Error! Unable to open/write to log.txt! 
    I noticed someone mentioned this problem earlier, but I can't find the log.txt file.
    Is it in the mysql folder? And am I right in assuming that I need to change the properties/permissions of the file to something like '0666'?
    Or do I need to do something completely different?

17. Offline

oliverw92

If you want to log your sql queries to file then you need to make sure that log.txt can be written to. If you aren't fussed, just change logQueries to false in config.php

18. Offline

Retricide

*FacePalm*

I completely overlooked the hawkeye folder. I thought log.txt might have been in the mysql folder, or related to it, so I got prettyyy confused.

Found log.txt, thanks for the alternative though!

19. Offline

oliverw92

No problem :p I guess I should make the error clearer

20. Offline

Retricide

Maybe just specify where the "log.txt" file is. I should've seen it, and I'm amazed I just overlooked it, but adding the location wouldn't hurt.

21. Offline

oliverw92

I might make logQueries false by default too

22. Offline

but2002

Since I updated the web interface (Like 2 hours ago) the log.txt isn't getting linebreaks anymore. Please fix this!

23. Offline

oliverw92

Line 141 of interface.php. Replace

PHP:
                if (!file_put_contents("log.txt"date("m.d.y G:i:s") . " - " $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] . " - " $sql "<br />"FILE_APPEND))
    With

PHP:
                if (!file_put_contents("log.txt"date("m.d.y G:i:s") . " - " $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] . " - " $sql "<br />"FILE_APPEND))

24. Offline

GmK

Make sure to have a php version of 5.2+, if you have 5.1 or below, make sure to install the json_php module manually. I just (finally) updated to php 5.3, and it all works splendid now.

Thank you So much @oliverw92 for the help via PMs in trying to debug this!

25. Offline

but2002

One: It's a TXT file, I'm not loading it via a web browser I mean it's missing the line breaks in the file, there's no newline being created.

Two: You pasted the same line ;)

Three: I already fixed it in my own, but it should be fixed in the release

EDIT: Here's what I put for reference.
    PHP:
    if (!file_put_contents("log.txt"date("m.d.y G:i:s") . " - " $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] . " - " $sql "\n"FILE_APPEND))

26. Offline

oliverw92

Yeah i meant \n instead of <br />. I missed it out of the last version by mistake - I redid parts of the interface and forgot :)

27. Offline

sharkale

only translate the values. the whole file is the same.
    when you download all the files, select which language do you want and make automatically a zip with the folders of language with the master translated into them:
    spanish/master.php
    english/master.php
    chinise/master.php
    all is automatically. only you upload the master. when you update the master autodetect the missing keys in other language to translate.
    if a key is not translated keep the value of the master when you generate the zip.

ps: sorry for the bad english ^^

28. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Loving this so far, however either customising the messages or making them more readable would be awesome. I am thinking about the lookups with the hawk tool. Take inspiration from bigbrother, it's BB log tool is very nicely coloured so it is easy to read.

29. Offline

oliverw92

Already down as something for v1.1.0

30. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Alright, do you know how this plugin is performance wise though? I noticed our ram useage is about 1GB - 1.5GB higher now than before, which is making me worried.

31. Offline

oliverw92

It definitely shouldn't be that much more. How many people play on your server, how many plugins are you running etc?