[ADMN/SEC] VanishNoPacket 3.14.2 - Invisibility made easy! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by mbaxter, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

What permissions plugin are you using?
    What permissions have you given yourself?
    Are you op?

2. Offline

Doc

1st off, THANK YOU!
    I was getting VERY TIRED of players w/ hacked clients seeing our staff while they monitored for griefers.
    You made our griefer finding missions easier. Thank you!

I would like to request this plugin do
    /stealth (for join/part messages)
    /pickups toggle pickups w/ a command for when we accidentally drop a pick when we are invis :D
    Hook into WhosThere /vanish doest tell people we are still logged in whosthere: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-gen-admn-whosthere-1-0-intelligent-who-listing-953.24804/

Thank you again for making our jobs easier.

3. Offline

aviator14

so i guess the online status is easier for the vanishnopickup guys since they already do handle listing and many other commands, but hey, server owners would just have to take the ten seconds to block the /list command, and any owner who thinks that's too difficult is probably a 200lb 12 year old who bathes in doritos.

back on topic, even if you don't go so far as to block vanished players from lists and commands, just displaying the fakequit message would make it all the more worth while, because honestly thats the only thing nopickup has that you aren't doing better than them.

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

A built-in /who (/list, /playerlist, whatever) is planned, and fake join/quit messages are in the upcoming version. :)

aviator14 and DerekZil like this.
  5. Offline

Kenji

Hi guys,

cool plugin. I really like it, thanks alot.

I have a little problem though. I use the essentials and permissions plugin and I am assigned to the admin group that is set by permissions. The group has full access to all commands. But I am not listed in the ops.txt of the server. And the /vanish command only works for me if I am listed in the ops.txt.

Is it really neccessary to be in the ops.txt?

Also I still pick up items while beeing invisible. I already assigned the vanish.standard to my own user permission. I don't know if I have to do something else to make it work. I am new to using plugins.

Can anyone help me out? =)

6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You need to be using a permissions plugin that supports superperms, as stated in the first post. For instance, PermissionsEx, bPermissions, PermissionsBukkit

Alright, I don't have the time to test it 100% right now so I'm releasing it as a beta. I've done some simple tests to make sure it won't just fail on startup or most commands.

Get it here:
    http://dl.phozop.net/VanishNoPacket/1.6beta/VanishNoPacket.jar

Changes:
    • You can just use /v instead of /vanish
    • /vanish toggle
      • Lets you toggle settings while on the server
        • nopickup
        • nofollow
        • seeing other vanished players
        • giving/receiving damage
      • Say /vanish toggle for the list of what you can toggle and their current status (green=enabled)
      • Say /vanish toggle nopickup (or /v t nopickup) to enable/disable picking up items
    • /vanish fakequit (or /v fq) and fakejoin (/v fj)
    • Configuration line for enabling/disabling automatic join announcement when someone with vanish.silentjoin unvanishes for the first time. Default disabled, not announced.
    • Permissions:
      • vanish.fakeannounce
        • For doing fakequit/fakejoin
      • vanish.toggle.see
      • vanish.toggle.nopickup
      • vanish.toggle.nofollow
      • vanish.toggle.damagein
      • vanish.toggle.damageout
      • vanish.toggle.damage
        • sets both vanish.toggle.damagein and vanish.toggle.damageout, saving you a line
      • vanish.toggle.all
        • enables all toggle options
        • included as part of vanish.*
      • vanish.preventdamage
        • sets both vanish.preventincomingdamage and vanish.preventoutgoingdamage
      • vanish.statusupdates
        • tells you in chat when players vanish/unvanish

beta2 now available. Same download link.

Before reporting a beta bug be sure you're using the latest version. /version VanishNoPacket will say 1.6beta2

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  7. Offline

flying_pancake

Sad to report that vanish.* didn't fix permissions 2.7.X,
    BUT
    I migrated to PEX, which imports permissions 2.X files without a hitch, works with herochat and every single one of my plugins.

Your vanish.* works with PEX, as my admin group's permissions are set to '*'

--Thank you for your hard work on this marvelous plugin.

8. Offline

Flatliner

/v might not be a good choice of alias as it's used by VoxelSniper. I've not checked yet to see if it causes a conflict or if VoxelSniper simply overrides it, but it's something to bear in mind.

9. Offline

Tanite

There's a quirk when using this with MobDisguise, in that it leaves behind an inanimate ghost of what you were disguised as when you vanish. I'm not sure if the only solution is to have that mod remove the disguise just before yours vanishes via some kind of API call, and then if you unvanish have it restore the last disguise (or if there's some other way to improve that) but figured I'd report it.

10. Offline

aviator14

i had previously talked to the creator of MobDisguise about this, except i was using Vanishnopickup at the time. This is an incompatability between competing disguise plugins, though when i tested, the ghost disappears after a few seconds.
    /me downloads 1.6beta2, cant wait to test it :]

11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Both plugins use packet filtering. I may add support for hooking into MobDisguise in the future.

Tanite likes this.
  12. Offline

flying_pancake

Using PEX,

I gave a moderator: vanish.vanish, vanish.nopickup, and vanish.nofollow
    It does not tell him the status of his visibility when he types /vanish

I do not want to grant him vanish.see. Is it possible to make people with vanish.vanish see the message "%name has vanished. Poof" without having the vanish.see permission?

13. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I believe this should work as you want with the latest beta. See above posts for the link :)

14. Offline

The Wizard

Is Spout absolutely necessary?

15. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Only the plugin. Not the client.

It requires Spout as it uses the packet management features.

I am considering creating a version that doesn't use the spout plugin, but that's a ways off, still.

1.6 features finalized. Finishing up for release

1.6 -
    Major updates
    Toggle abilities from in game!
    DynMap support!
    Support for 1.8's player list (hiding)
    Separated vanish.see and vanish.statusupdates
    fakejoin and fakequit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  16. Offline

dockter

I just found the sept 16th release of this addon on your FTP site, tried it on a 1.8.1 server with the latest essentials build, can't seem to get it to respond to /v or /vanish, no console errors, no in-game error/message.

17. Offline

Tanite

18. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

@Tanite Seems I accidentally took it down. The 1.6 link is not guaranteed to actually vanish users, it's a bit... special. I'm hoping to put out the release today or tomorrow.

19. Offline

Tanite

Ah ok, thanks for the reply. I'll keep watch for the new version :)

20. Offline

dockter

Tried using 1.6 tonight, using latest dev build of craftbukkit and latest build of spout srv. Using 2.6.1 version of Essentials.

No response to commands issued in game. Plugin starts on server with no issues.

21. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Latest version released - 1.6.1

@Tanite @DylanP @Doc

Changes:
    • You can just use /v instead of /vanish
    • /vanish toggle
      • Lets you toggle settings while on the server
        • nopickup
        • nofollow
        • seeing other vanished players
        • giving/receiving damage
      • Say /vanish toggle for the list of what you can toggle and their current status (green=enabled)
      • Say /vanish toggle nopickup (or /v t nopickup) to enable/disable picking up items
    • /vanish fakequit (or /v fq) and fakejoin (/v fj)
    • Configuration line for enabling/disabling automatic join announcement when someone with vanish.silentjoin unvanishes for the first time. Default disabled, not announced.
    • Permissions:
      • vanish.fakeannounce
        • For doing fakequit/fakejoin
      • vanish.toggle.see
      • vanish.toggle.nopickup
      • vanish.toggle.nofollow
      • vanish.toggle.damagein
      • vanish.toggle.damageout
      • vanish.toggle.damage
        • sets both vanish.toggle.damagein and vanish.toggle.damageout, saving you a line
      • vanish.toggle.all
        • enables all toggle options
        • included as part of vanish.*
      • vanish.preventdamage
        • sets both vanish.preventincomingdamage and vanish.preventoutgoingdamage
      • vanish.statusupdates
        • tells you in chat when players vanish/unvanish

22. Offline

Tanite

Are we ok with VoxelSniper then?

23. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Voxelsniper takes priority. The /v command only works if no plugin has claimed it. :)

Tanite likes this.
  24. Offline

RugRats

Where to download 1.6? It's not on dev.bukkit

25. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Tanite and RugRats like this.
  26. Offline

DylanP

27. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Did you give yourself the relevant permissions? :)

28. Offline

dee2

I have the same issue, and I do have permission vanish.* but /vanish gives nothing back at all.

19:50:00 [INFO] Essentials: Using config based permissions. Enable superperms in config.
    19:50:00 [INFO] GroupManager - INFO - Superperms support enabled.
    19:50:00 [INFO] GroupManager version 1.1 (Phoenix) is enabled!
    19:49:38 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1043-gab6dd01-b1145jnks (MC: 1.8.1)
    19:49:40 [INFO] Spout 1.1.358 has been initialized
    19:49:42 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build Dev2.6.12 by: Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans, Xeology, KHobbits
    19:49:43 [INFO] RawcriticsOreObfuscationPluginSpout 1.6.4.4 plugin enabled
    19:49:43 [INFO] RawcriticsOreObfuscationPluginSpout connected to the Ore Obfuscate Engine and turned it on! Using Engine: 4
    19:49:43 [INFO] RawcriticsOreObfuscationPluginSpout: Spout Packet Manager found, assuming Spout version is 1.0.2
    19:49:43 [INFO] [VANISH] Now hooking into Essentials
    19:50:00 [INFO] [VANISH] Version 1.6.1 enabled.
    9:50:00 [INFO] Fake Permissions version 3.1.6 is enabled!
    19:50:00 [INFO] Essentials: Using Permissions 3 based permissions.

29. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

the last line there, about "using permissions 3 based permissions" even though it says superperms earlier, worries me. Can you download my little PermTest plugin and say /permtest vanish.vanish

That should let you know if your permissions setup is working.

30. Offline

dee2

That was a good trick, now I know where to look.

"Your do not have vanish.vanish"

Thank you, Ill report back when I find the issue.